Author Topic: Feeling the withdrawl already!  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Feeling the withdrawl already!
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:56:59 PM »
Just watched some of the clips from this years game which i have on the computer, including richo and pets goals from the hawks game, tambo's 9 pointer from the wizard cup, and browny  :'( kicking all those goals in the port game!

Off-season sucks, trade week, the draft, pre-season training reports, wizard cup and the cricket season will hopefully hold my withdrawl at bay until the start of next, but until then...........  :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Feeling the withdrawl already!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 03:50:38 AM »
I find my withdrawal symptons kick in more during late January and Feb waiting for the new footy season to start rather than now although this year I'm missing going to the games. Unlike the past few years under Spud where you were glad the season was over as seeing us play that negative crap was painfully numbing, it was great going to the footy this year.

I normally enjoy watching the best sides in finals such a Brisbane at their peak just to see the level the Tigers need to get to as a footy team. I guess after only 2 finals appearances in 23 years as a Tiger supporter I've gotten use to making the best at being a neutral footy fan during September. Sheesh and I was outside Vic during those 2 years too so I haven't seen Richmond play live in finals since the 1982 GF :P.

I hope this year's finals improve as a spectacle. The last 10-minutes of the Sydney-Geelong game was fantastic but the first 3 1/2 quarters was snooze time :sleep. With the Crows and Swans still in it, the chance of seeing a competitive game where both teams kick more than 10 goals is zilch!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:05:39 AM »
Yeah I have repeatedly watch the last few minutes of Heebie's last game.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 03:15:10 PM »
Yep, a couple of weeks before the Wizard Cup i will be on edge!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 07:24:33 PM »
Speakig of the Wizz Cup, it wouldn't surprise me if won the preseason cup comp next year. Get a team trophy in the cabinet to follow the individual awards to Lids and Bowden.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 07:50:58 PM »
Speakig of the Wizz Cup, it wouldn't surprise me if won the preseason cup comp next year. Get a team trophy in the cabinet to follow the individual awards to Lids and Bowden.
Doubt it.

I don't think its in Richo's long term interests to have him slog out a few pre-season games, while Brown will only play if his 100%, which i highly doubt he'll be.