Author Topic: Trade and PSD offerings  (Read 18132 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade and PSD offerings
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »
Davidson, Hunt, Vanshaik and Gilham would all quality for the rookie list methinks, maybe not the first two?

I was suprised the Dee's gave Vanschaik the flick after 1 year, i heard he had done ok.

He was very highly rated as a 16yo junior then the poor guy done his knee!

As a young ruckman maybe the knee has affected his ability to jump.

Yeah Davidson and Hunt turn 23 early next year so that knocks them out as far as a rookie spot goes. Gilham at 21 is another injury-plagued youngster - 10 week groin injury then a AC joint injury.

When your 203cm you don't really need to worry about jumping, just ask David Fanning, lol!

I had a ? over Gilham as i didn't know much about him, besides he was a late 1st rounder in 2002.

His about 190-192cm i think, so thats an inbetween height, and with an injury history things dont really fair well for him as far as an AFL career goes!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Non RFC players training with us?
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2005, 06:24:40 PM »
The AFL site has no non-RFC players training with us: http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=236073

But it's been rumoured on BF that the following three might be. Can any of you guys confirm?

They sound more like potential Coburg players with Andy Collins crossing over from Box Hill.

Alastair Neville (Box Hill)
Height:187cm
Weight:82kg

Previous Football Clubs:Oakleigh Chargers, Old Trinity
Preferred position: Ruck rover, half back flank
Football achievements/awards: VAFA U/23 State team 2004, VAFA Senior State Team 2004, All Australian Amateur Team of the Year 2004, Oakleigh Chargers vice captain 2003, Victoria Metro U/18 vice captain 2003

Cam Howat (Box Hill)
Preferred position: Wing

Harold Calma (Wanderers NT)
D.O.B: 2 January 1986 (Age: 19)
Height: 173cm
Weight: 70kg

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2005, 06:56:13 PM »
Neville has been mentioned a fair few times on the Richmond bigfooty board, infact i think they have a thread asking about him and Weaver, who knows his poo, had a bit to say about him.

Apparently he trained with us a season or two ago aswell?

Never heard of Howat, and Calma played a few games at Coburg this year, IIRC he had a BOG in his 1st game with the reserves.

Bulluss

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2005, 12:56:14 PM »
Todays Herald Sun says that Ben Haynes and Mark Bulleen will be training with us as of next week.

Have been told by a very reliable source at the Bombers that Haynes is ok physically but has a mental problem in that its all about Ben Haynes and not the team. This person thinks that Haynes could be "Anything" if he put his mind to it.

As for Bulleen, i think he is ok but probably not want we need for our team at the moment.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2005, 02:07:57 PM »
Haynes does have SOME talent but the mindset isn't there, that and his 24, so no thanks.

Everytime the name Bulleen comes up so does the word "dud", but i can't say i've ever seen him play.

His bombers profile is here: http://bombersfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=players&spg=playerprofile&personid=13208

"Had a good start to the 2004 season but, after missing two games with a calf injury, struggled to find consistency. Played 17 games and at times looked an outstanding prospect. A midfielder, he has the ability to be a run-with player, but his excellent skills suggest he could become the type of free-flowing winger Essendon desperately needs."

Sounds like Wallace's type of player.

Can anyone tell me more about him?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2005, 06:07:29 PM »
Someone needs to tell West Adelaide about Ben Haynes lol. On their website they claim to have snared him on a 2-year deal ???

As for Bulleen - pass. He was on the Bombers list for 5 years and hasn't come on since 2003 when he was rising star nominee. IMO Bulleen is just an average footballer.

Both aren't what we need.

Bulluss

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2005, 09:53:59 AM »
I think that you will find that Haynes would have a line in his contract with West Adelaide that says he can terminate if drafted by an AFL club. Otherwise he will be playing there.

You might also find that he has a job lined up with Coke a Cola if he heads over  :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2005, 05:15:43 PM »
I know there a couple of Coburg boys that will be doing the pre-season with Richmond - this was announced at the Coburg B&F (I am sure I posted about it).

One was Jarrad Sylvester and I think another maybe Robbie Young but I am not as sure on that one  ;D.

Sylvester I reckon would be a possible rookie for us - very good skills but not as strong as he would need to be through the hips or shoulders
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2005, 05:33:20 PM »
Here's their size stats:

Jarrod Sylvester
D.O.B: 12/12/85
Height: 193cm
Weight: 90kg
Previous Club: Calder Cannons

Robert Young
D.O.B: 21/03/85
Height: 197cm
Weight: 89kg
Previous club: Oakleigh Chargers

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2005, 06:44:23 PM »
Isn't Sylvester ridiculously skinny?

Didn't Young train with us last pre-season?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2005, 06:56:59 PM »
From the RFC site:

Miller confirmed that Richmond would have three definite selections in the National Draft on November 26, with one other spot on the playing list available, to be filled either via the National Draft or the pre-season Draft.

“There are many options open to us and we’re exploring all those options,” he said.

“Currently training with the Club we have Ben Haynes and Mark Bullen from Essendon, James Rimington, Robert Young and Jarrod Silvester from Coburg, and Alastair Neville and Cam Howatt from Box Hill. Other players will join us at training before the pre-season and rookie drafts.”

Miller is confident the Tigers can snare a future star with their first choice (pick No. 8 overall) in the National Draft.

“We think there will be match-winners at that choice and we feel that we’ve done the necessary homework to be able to select a very, very good player for the Club.

“Likewise, at choice 24, we still believe that the depth of the draft will be strong. And, perhaps our ‘smokey’ may come at pick 40 if things fall our way.

“In any event, we’re excited to be able to add Patrick Bowden to our list, three National Draft choices, and, as I mentioned, maybe one more player.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=236397

We'll also have 2-3 choices in the rookie draft.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
Miller wanted to rookie Rimington last year, he is a "miller project", so it is highly likely he'll be given a go!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2005, 07:37:54 PM »
Isn't Sylvester ridiculously skinny?

Not really. 90kgs for a bloke 193cm would make him Mark Graham size. Although I must admit I didn't think watching him play for Coburg this year that he was that tall
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2005, 08:47:57 PM »
Well Graham wasn't exactly a tank!

He played in defense right? I'm sure his a skinny runt!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2005, 06:43:42 AM »
Eade said - "We think Kasey Green is committed to someone".

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/11/08/1131407634624.html

I wonder if that means us?

Going by the Age the day before they had the PSD going like this:

1. Carlton - Dylan McLaren
2. Pies - ?
3. Hawthorn - Brent Guerra?
4. Essendon - Scott Camporeale
5. Richmond - ?