Author Topic: MRP roulette  (Read 1902 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
MRP roulette
« on: August 12, 2015, 03:01:47 AM »
I understand the ruling but how did Cooney get just one week for charging off the line and flattening an opponent with high contact, compared to Vickery and Gibbs both getting two weeks for essentially accidental head contact to an opponent?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-11/adam-cooney-out-for-one-week-after-eade-evidence
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: MRP roulette
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »
he should have got at least 2 weeks minimum

They are clearly just making it up as though go

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:11:37 AM »
I understand the ruling but how did Cooney get just one week for charging off the line and flattening an opponent with high contact, compared to Vickery and Gibbs both getting two weeks for essentially accidental head contact to an opponent?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-11/adam-cooney-out-for-one-week-after-eade-evidence
Vickery got 2 because of his bad record, otherwise it would have been downgraded to one. Still I thought it was a bad decision by the MRP. Accidents are exactly that. He broke Jamison's jaw but the guy only missed a week of football.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
Even more mystifying was the MRP deciding they didn't have the right rules to deal with Cooney's incident properly so they handed the case straight to the tribunal - who then gave Cooney 1 week!  Whats up MRP, can't you hand out a 1 week ban by yourselves?    :huh
When I heard it was handed straight to the tribunal I started expecting some real action, like 3-4 weeks or even 5-6, good record & all!  IMO it was the worst head high contact incident with the highest impact of the year, far worse than Gibbs sling tackle & Vickery's accidental head clash.  Can a player break the careless high contact with severe impact rules any more than Cooney did?  Biggest hatchet job since Mark Yeates lined up Dermie in the GF ....     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:52:21 AM »
AFL 360 co-host Gerard Whateley has urged AFL football operations manager Mark Evans to appeal Adam Cooney’s “outrageous” suspension.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mark-evans-needs-to-appeal-adam-cooneys-one-match-suspension-says-gerard-whateley-on-afl360/story-fnp04d70-1227480004705

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »

Vickery got 2 because of his bad record, otherwise it would have been downgraded to one. Still I thought it was a bad decision by the MRP. Accidents are exactly that. He broke Jamison's jaw but the guy only missed a week of football.

Preety sure previous records weren't supposed to count this year.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »

not quite. Some did and some didn't. Not sure what differentiated the two though.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »

not quite. Some did and some didn't. Not sure what differentiated the two though.

There were no points carried over but actual records based on the type of charge/suspensions previously handed out were

It that makes sense

Which is hard I know when we are attempting to discuss the consistency of the MRP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:11:33 PM »
Careless but not intentional?  Lined him up from 20 paces.

Wot a joke
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018