Author Topic: Elimination Final - Richmond vs North Melbourne @ the M.C.G. - Sunday, Sept. 13  (Read 27408 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL website is also tipping us by 18 points.

Match preview: First Elimination Final, Tigers v Kangaroos

Michael Whiting 
afl.com.au
September 8, 2015

SUMMARY

Just nine days after they met in a controversial round 23 match, the two Melbourne clubs will square off again. Last week the Kangaroos were widely criticised for resting almost half their squad while the Tigers trotted out a full strength team and recorded a comfortable win. Who will have the last laugh on Sunday? There's not much between the teams, but the loser will see it as a season wasted.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Sunday September 13, 3.20pm
 AEST

WHO'S MISSING

Richmond: With Reece Conca back from his two-week hamstring injury, the Tigers will be at full strength. Ben Griffiths (finger) is still a week away, but the Jack Riewoldt-Ty Vickery forward combination is working fine without him.

North Melbourne: Like their counterparts, the Kangaroos will be near full strength, with Lindsay Thomas (foot) the major concern. Jack Ziebell has overcome a head knock and Daniel Wells has been flagged as a shock late inclusion.

THIS YEAR

Round six, Blundstone Arena: North Melbourne 16.13 (109) d Richmond 10.14 (74).
After a close first half, the Kangaroos punished the Tigers' turnovers to kick six unanswered goals in the third quarter. Lindsay Thomas kicked five goals in a result that pushed Richmond to a 2-4 win-loss record.

Round 23, Etihad Stadium: Richmond 16.12 (108) d North Melbourne 10.7 (67).
Despite resting almost half of its team, the Kangaroos were shock half-time leaders before the Tigers put the foot down to run away with the victory. Dustin Martin starred with 21 touches and three goals

PREVIOUS MEETINGS
R12, 2014, North Melbourne 17.14 (116) d Richmond 13.10 (88) at Etihad Stadium
R15, 2013, North Melbourne 19.14 (128) d Richmond 8.18 (66) at Etihad Stadium
R17, 2012, North Melbourne 15.13 (103) d Richmond 14.15 (99) at the MCG
R24, 2011, North Melbourne 15.14 (104) d Richmond 13.13 (91) at Etihad Stadium
R5, 2011, Richmond 17.10 (112) d North Melbourne 14.19 (103) at Etihad Stadium

THE SIX POINTS

1.Richmond’s win last Friday was set up by a nine-goal final quarter. Ty Vickery and Dustin Martin kicked three goals each and Trent Cotchin had 30 disposals.

2. The difference in ruck numbers between the two teams is stark. North Melbourne is ranked fourth for hit outs a game thanks to Todd Goldstein, who leads the competition with a total of 937. Richmond is ranked 14th in the same category.

3. The Kangaroos hold a 3-2 edge in finals matches between the clubs. The last time they met was a 1995 qualifying final, won by North Melbourne by 30 points. Richmond has not won any final since 2001.

4. The Kangaroos are ranked second for goalkicking accuracy, operating at 53.2 per cent. Richmond is ranked 10th at 50.3 per cent.

5. The Tigers continue to struggle in tackling, ranked 17th with 57.8 a game, while the Kangaroos are ranked 11th with 65.4 a game.

6. Despite being rested last week, Goldstein has remained at a career high No.4 in the Official AFL Player Ratings, trailing just Nat Fyfe, Scott Pendlebury and Patrick Dangerfield.

KEY MATCH UPS

1. Todd Goldstein v Ivan Maric
Goldstein is tipped to be All Australian, but Big Ivan has the size and strength to worry him at the contest. Goldstein has been the Kangaroos' most influential player this season and his output is crucial to their success.

2. Jack Ziebell v Trent Cotchin

Sure, they might not go head-to-head, but these two are the barometers for their respective teams. Ziebell leads by brute force and Cotchin by class, and the pair will have a big say on the midfield battle.

3. Dustin Martin v Ben Jacobs
After tearing the Kangaroos apart last week, Martin again looms as the Tigers' dangerman. Jacobs will take him in the midfield, but just as importantly, Michael Firrito will get the big job when he drifts forward.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …

Richmond: Trent Cotchin. The captain will have horror memories of the corresponding match against Port Adelaide last year. He won the toss, kicked against the breeze and the Tigers were smashed. He'll be desperate to lead his team to a first finals win in 14 years.

North Melbourne: Brad Scott.
Whether he likes it or not, this finals campaign will reflect on Scott. From chasing ready-made players like Jarrad Waite and Shaun Higgins in the off-season, to resting everyone last week to prepare – everything is geared towards a deep run.

WHERE THE TIGERS CAN WIN IT

Against Fremantle and Hawthorn, they've have shown they can move the ball quickly and accurately – the older Roos won't like that. If the Tigers are bold, they have the class in Cotchin, Martin and Deledio to do damage forward of centre.

WHERE THE KANGAROOS CAN WIN IT
The closer the game is, the more their experience comes into play. Winning two finals last year was significant, and Higgins and Waite have also won in September. A tight contest will suit these Kangaroos.

PREDICTION: Richmond by 18 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-08/match-preview-first-elimination-final-tigers-v-kangaroos

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Mate there are trades to focus on
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Opening times

Gates

Public             1.00pm
AFL Reserve    1.00pm
MCC Reserve   1.00pm

Parking

Gate 3: 10.00am

Gate 5: 11.00am

Gate 6: 12.00pm

Gate 7: 9.30am

Other Information

Cheersquads

Richmond - M3
North Melbourne - M33

http://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2015/september/richmond-v-north-melbourne

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
North have a cheersquad?????

:lol
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

The article was cut short. It actually read:
North Melbourne - M33, Row A, Seats 1&2. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

The article was cut short. It actually read:
North Melbourne - M33, Row A, Seats 1&2. :thumbsup

Doc diagnosis:- social isolation disorder
"Sliding doors moment.

Hellenic Tiger

Here is an image Nought's supporter from their members allocation, cheer squad, supporter base and the crowd expected for Sunday's game. Obviously the AFL have allocated too many seats for the Nought bay and I'm sure he'll feel the same as this image on Sunday. ;D

Hellenic Tiger

Here is a photo of Nought's number one female ticket holder.
Apparently a few years ago she upgraded supporting a suburban footy side with bigger crowds and atmosphere than what she was getting at Nought games. Needless to say the bloke in the previous pick was devastated.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
More importantly where do we get peeed!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
The Don is good :bow

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Snip  :banghead

keep the insults off the forum

And stick the the topic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Finalists' strengths and weaknesses

Sam Edmund
Herald-Sun
September 8, 2015

Not many sides play like RICHMOND. While the Bulldogs have won rave reviews for their offensive blitz, the Tigers ditched the kamikaze attacking philosophy after it threatened to derail their season. Replacing it was a slow and steady approach.

The go-slow has them generating 37 points per game from behind centre this season — the third-most of any side. But it’s no secret, with rivals clamping down on this in the Tigers’ seven losses.

In their 15 wins they generate 42.6 points from behind centre. In losses it falls to 25.9.

NORTH MELBOURNE’S defence has been a barometer this year. On the surface the Roos are nothing flash, ranking 12th, but it’s the difference in their wins and losses that’s stark.

North has allowed less 90 points in 12 matches, winning all 12. In the 10 times the opposition scores more than that the Roos have won only once.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2015-sam-edmund-breaks-down-each-final-and-each-teams-strengths-weaknesses/story-fnp04d70-1227516792793

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Boomer Harvey on 3aw tonight:

Boomer on the Rich whitebaord: 'After reading it in the paper, I felt like playing another match! I might have another look before this wk'

Boomer on T Hunt: 'I'm used to that treatment over 20 years. I look at it as a compliment. I came on as a sub and they came to rough me up'

Brent Harvey: 'if they do it (try to rough me up) again this week, I know I'll have 21 mates who will be helping me out'

https://twitter.com/3AWSportsToday

:chuck

tony_montana

Is the whiteboard thing for real? I thought it was someone winding it up given that dal santo was never in the lineup

Boomers a real little wank isn't he? See him have a crack at drew for stealing his limelight the other week? Lmao what a wanker