Author Topic: Elimination Final - Richmond vs North Melbourne @ the M.C.G. - Sunday, Sept. 13  (Read 27381 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Need to move on people, this game is over now...go see your Doctors and get your lives back on track.. :snidegrin

Bump. The dust has settled. How is everyone coping?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Fine

Thanks for asking  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Need to move on people, this game is over now...go see your Doctors and get your lives back on track.. :snidegrin

I actually forgot we lost that game  :banghead
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
I think Chaplain being brought down by Nahas  at the start of the 3rd quarter has been burnt into my memory.
 :banghead
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think Chaplain being brought down by Nahas  at the start of the 3rd quarter has been burnt into my memory.
 :banghead

Damn, hadn't forgotten that too  :banghead :banghead
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
I thought this was a new thread for 2016. ....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
I'm still shocked by the morons that maintain the two sides selections policy don't effect the match

Remarkable.

Loonies tunes. 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Cotchin 9 possessions..........Nine.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Cotchin 9 possessions..........Nine.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
How insightful was the selection of Griffiths and Conca.  ::)

Richmond, give whoever is responsible a contract extension.  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
How insightful was the selection of Griffiths and Conca.  ::)

Richmond, give whoever is responsible a contract extension.  :clapping

Aaaaargh.
And then I remembered that stuffing turnover Conca did in the last qtr and that stuffing goal big Benny missed before he hid with that massive Easter Egg I never found in the Autumn of '81  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Elimination Final setback strengthens Tigers: Gale .... (afl site)
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »
September setback strengthens Tigers

AFL.com.au
February 1, 2016

Richmond has emerged from last year’s disappointing elimination final loss to North Melbourne with a steely determination to take the next step in its football journey this season.

The Tigers’ CEO Brendon Gale told SEN that notwithstanding the pain emanating from the defeat at the time, it’s subsequently been viewed as a valuable lesson for the team.

“It’s just hardened our resolve and narrowed our focus,” Gale said.

“I think we’ve got a very good, almost an acute understanding of, I guess, the manner in which we lose games, when we lose them.

“I know it’s probably a strange thing to say, but I think we walk away understanding what our deficiencies are.

“We will address those through the evolution of our list and through some players we’ve brought in . . .

“I think sometimes it’s those bitter experiences – those extremely painful experiences – that really do harden resolve and make you stronger going forward . . .

“We lost a game to a pretty good team in North Melbourne.

“We were a kick away up until a couple of minutes (remaining in the match), and we had a handful of guys, who almost had career-worst games. I’m not blaming them – I’m just making an observation.

“I’d almost submit, but for Damien (Hardwick) and his team’s coaching ability, and the game plan that got us that far, we might have been blown away.

“The trends were looking bad before half-time in that game . . .” 

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-01/september-setback-strengthens-tigers

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Hardwicks team coaching ability? I want some of whatever Benny's smoking.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Richmond must be the only club that has ever or will ever be more strengthened by repeated finals losses (as stated) than finals wins.

Perhaps the club needs more strengthening. Keep those losses coming Benny  :clapping

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

I actually forgot we lost that game  :banghead