Author Topic: Will you be disappointed if we don't trade at all?  (Read 2428 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Will you be disappointed if we don't trade at all?
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:45:48 PM »
SEN said now we've missed out on Fevola, Richmond is finished as far as trade week goes.

Anyone here disappointed if that is so?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Will you be disappointed if we don't trade at all?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 06:52:05 PM »
Not really, i would of preferred someone like Tivendale to be traded but you can't get everything you want!

Still, SEN say a lot of things, i wouldn't be suprised if we were involved in a trade tomorrow!!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 07:05:44 PM »
Not really, i would of preferred someone like Tivendale to be traded but you can't get everything you want!

Still, SEN say a lot of things, i wouldn't be suprised if we were involved in a trade tomorrow!!

what would dissappoint me is if the dont trade off hall and tiv, we just cant keep re-signing these hacks, if u cant trade them, delist them, plain and simple, but something tells me tomorrow a surpise is on the cards

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:12:19 PM »
Unless Tivendale is traded tomorrow he wont be de-listed because he is contracted.

As for Hall - as I said earlier in the week he is one of the few blokes on our list that has value, that maybe of interest to other teams and who that we can afford to off-load.

I tend to agree though X, I reckon we will do some sort of deal tomorrow even if it's only trading our 3rd rounder for player from somewhere else

But in answer to the original question - No not really - if we end up keeping pick 8 (which seems very very likely now) then I'll be very very happy :thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 07:21:03 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 08:11:03 PM »

what would dissappoint me is if the dont trade off hall and tiv, we just cant keep re-signing these hacks, if u cant trade them, delist them, plain and simple, but something tells me tomorrow a surpise is on the cards
Hall isn't a hack.

Your like a poor mans version of Claw from PRE, and if Claw had his way the only players on our list would be Deledio and maybe Coughlan!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:15:57 PM »

Hall isn't a hack.

Your like a poor mans version of Claw from PRE, and if Claw had his way the only players on our list would be Deledio and maybe Coughlan!

really he played 3 good games this yr , and v the hawks , his 1st half was pathetic then his second was gr8, but he still runs with blinkers and has absolutely no awareness of the opposition players

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 08:24:36 PM »
I wouldn't have traded hall, I'd trade Shultz before i'd trade hall. Shultz is injury prone and will never achieve what most of our supporters think he will, he will miss half of next year like he missed alot of this year. We should be trying to trade him at the earliest opportunity.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 08:27:25 PM »
Oh and to answer the actual question, I would be a little disappointed in not doing a trade at all in this draft, but it's not over yet. Would have liked to have seen a trade for a decent back man.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 08:43:37 PM »
Schulz is so not injury prone, he broke his ankle and then rolled it playing at Coburg.

Before then i can't remember when he was ever injured.

X, i think you might be being harsh on hall, he'll never be perfect, but IIRC he was like pick 79 when he was drafted, so his done alright considering that fact!

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 09:08:04 PM »

Hall isn't a hack.

ah the claw.....the way he goes on he should be running the whole damn show.... :banghead

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »
It depends what transpired behind the scenes....

If we were offered a 3rd round pick for Tivendale, or a late second/early third round pick for Hall, then yes I am dissapointed. I think Hall is the epitome of mediocrity. Thats not saying he is a hack or hopeless, just that on a regular basis, he will never be anything more than a third tall down back.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:32:02 PM »
Schulz is so not injury prone,

We will see :thumbsup

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 11:00:41 PM »
Schulz is so not injury prone,

We will see :thumbsup
Yes we will, but how can 1 injury make him injury prone?

Kozchitzke (lol i think thats the right way n i only guessed it!) is the definition of injury prone.

I worry about Tambling's hammy's considering his done them twice this year!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 03:13:56 AM »
If we thinking of trading for Haynes, Patrick Bowden or Kasey Green then I would rather we didn't trade at all :help.

Seems we want to tread water for a year until next year's super draft comes along then have another clean out ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 07:25:42 AM »
If we thinking of trading for Haynes, Patrick Bowden or Kasey Green then I would rather we didn't trade at all :help.

Seems we want to tread water for a year until next year's super draft comes along then have another clean out ???.

patrick bowden wil becoem a quality player, esp when playing at tigerland where he always wanted to play. he can play fwd , back be a tall wingman option and is a much better player than guys like tiv, chaffey etc