Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 254211 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1320 on: June 28, 2024, 05:21:04 PM »
Let's see who can defend him now if he takes MRJ as well.

When Al clarkson went to north he didn't bleed them dry, so lets see what old mate Dimma does.. 

Also if you are not building a culture for these players to stay what does that say about the way the club is going now, on off the field  :shh

“Bleed them dry”

Getting a little dramatic there mate.

If we get good picks in return what’s the issue?

Could be a win/win.

Half this site doesn’t rate MRJ anyway.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1321 on: June 28, 2024, 05:48:42 PM »
“THERE’S BEEN NO DISCUSSION”: SUNS PLAY DOWN TALK SURROUNDING RICHMOND’S RIOLI

BY ANDREW SLEVISON
SEN
28 June 2024

Gold Coast has not touched base with Richmond regarding Daniel Rioli.

A Herald Sun report surfaced earlier in the week suggesting the Suns were prepared to give up two first-round draft selections for the three-time premiership Tiger.

Gold Coast’s GM of football performance Wayne Campbell has played down the talk, confirming the Suns have not even spoken with the Tigers.

Asked if that report was accurate, Campbell was succinct with his reply.

“No, no, no, no,” the former Richmond captain said on SEN’s Sportsday.

“I’ve been at the Giants and the Suns where players get talked about when they’re in your colours so I think that’s a bit unsavoury to talk about players from other clubs. Especially when they’re contracted for a couple of years.

“What I can assure you is that we haven’t offered Richmond two first-round picks for Daniel Rioli.

“There’s been no discussion with Richmond on it.”

Rioli, 27, is contracted with Richmond until 2027. He has a close relationship with Suns coach Damien Hardwick and reportedly caught up with Richmond’s premiership mastermind on the Gold Coast in April.

He is putting together another strong season as a dashing half-back, averaging 383 metres gained, 21.4 disposals and 4.7 rebound 50s.

In 2024, Rioli leads the Tigers for total disposals, is second for tackles and rebound 50s and third for metres gained.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/06/27/theres-been-no-discussion-suns-play-down-talk-surrounding-richmonds-rioli/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1322 on: June 28, 2024, 06:13:03 PM »
Well obviously there's been no discussion because it's not allowed yet..... ;) :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Wazza

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1323 on: June 28, 2024, 06:28:19 PM »
Campbell would be telling the truth....they haven't offered 2 picks...they've actually offered 3 picks for dan and mrj  :rollin

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1324 on: June 29, 2024, 11:28:38 PM »
Let's see who can defend him now if he takes MRJ as well.

When Al clarkson went to north he didn't bleed them dry, so lets see what old mate Dimma does.. 

Also if you are not building a culture for these players to stay what does that say about the way the club is going now, on off the field  :shh

I’d say over the past 10 or so years we’ve had 4 prominent players play that role. Newwy (pick 55), Houli (preseason draft pick), Short (rookie draft pick) & Rioli (pick 15 with the caveat that until a couple years ago had never played defence in his life). What I’m trying to get at here is as much as it’s a very important position, it’s one that has proven to be more than any other fillable with late/rookie picks or by converting mids/fwds to that role.

While I’m a big fan of dans, if GC gives us 2 first rounders I’d be saying thank you to Dimma let alone defending him. If he gives us 2 top10 picks I’d be flying to the Gold Coast and shaking his hand. Let’s get some top draft picks in to build the key position and midfield around and worry about the rest later.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1325 on: Yesterday at 10:36:38 AM »
Well obviously there's been no discussion because it's not allowed yet..... ;) :shh

Or it’s been agreed without the need to discuss?
“Rioli for picks 7 and 8”
“Done”
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.