Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 253641 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1305 on: June 26, 2024, 01:16:25 PM »
7 and 8 for Rioli  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
He is my favourite player, but for goodness sakes

If we got offered that, we would wrap him up in cotton wool and personally deliver him with a ribbon

Normally I'd agree but GC are a different kettle of fish - they've already got young inexperienced high end talent coming out their arses.  , they're going to get top rated academy kids anyway that they'll only need to bundle up a bunch of lower picks to match any bids for and they desperately need experienced quality...they need to take the next step and a couple of more kids who'll likely spend half their time in the VFL ain't gonna help them do that....... should absolutely be demanding 7&8....as Knighter pointed out - these are the same dipshytes that gave up pick 2 for Lachie Weller... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1306 on: June 26, 2024, 01:34:41 PM »
Agreed re: Bolton. Rioli and baker are both Richmond players. Bolton is an arrogant show off who will never reach his potential.

2 first for Rioli is ridiculous though and you’d have to entertain it although I’d prefer to keep him

Depends on how deep they are. Wouldn't bother if it's 15+16.

GCS currently has 7, 8 + 20 though.

I'd happily take 7+8 and pay some of his wage or send 2nd round picks back their way etc.

7+8 for rioli is crazy. I just don’t believe they’d give us that even with some 2nds going back their way. Of course depends if rioli actually wants to go. Could be mass exodus end of this year

Said I'd happily take it haha.

Would you do 8+20 for him? Salary payments and other pick swaps etc?

Would do. I’m not paying any of his salary though. I’m against doing that just out of principal. We’re not in any sort of cap trouble where we need to be entertaining things like that. If a club wants a player and a player wants to go there then they need to sort out the salary btw them.

Don't agree re: salary.

Now is 100% the time to do it and stock up on good picks.

Dusty deal finishing. Lynch 1 year to go. Impending retirements of Grimes, Prestia, Pickett, KMac. Probably trading guys like Baker, Bolton etc.

Draftees get peanuts so if we can pay contracts elsewhere for 1-3 years and load up on top 10 talent we will fast track the rebuild.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1307 on: June 26, 2024, 02:42:02 PM »
If there's one poster whose info I take more seriously than most it's "C4[2]Yo`DooR" on BF and he reckons Baker is going and Graham want to leave but Rioli wants to stay.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1308 on: June 26, 2024, 02:54:05 PM »
They gave Cats pick 7 and Jack Bowe for a second rounder. Reckon 7&8 is a cracking deal by comparison
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1309 on: June 26, 2024, 03:42:39 PM »
They gave Cats pick 7 and Jack Bowe for a second rounder. Reckon 7&8 is a cracking deal by comparison

Yeah in a salary dump. Bowes on 500-600k/year and probably worth half that.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1310 on: June 26, 2024, 06:45:33 PM »
Pick 7 this year and a future first. Be nice to have 2-3 firsts this year and next year.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1311 on: June 27, 2024, 06:53:26 PM »
Pick 7 this year and a future first. Be nice to have 2-3 firsts this year and next year.

Hate to say it but you'd be hard not to chomp that off and take it and run.

Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1312 on: Yesterday at 01:13:47 AM »
SUNS’ EYES ON DANIEL RIOLI GETS COMPLICATED

The future of Daniel Rioli beyond 2024 has again been brought into the spotlight, despite the three-time premiership player being contracted at Tigerland until the end of 2027.

Daniel’s ultra-tight relationship with his uncle Maurice Rioli Jnr is believed to potentially complicate Gold Coast’s pursuit for the defender, with the duo perhaps only willing to move as a package deal.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle, Herald Sun reporters Sam Landsberger and Lauren Wood discussed their potential next move.

“I’m not sure Daniel really wants to leave Maurice, and I’m not sure Maurice wants to play without Dan; so it might be a fact of can Gold Coast play both, would Richmond trade both?” Landsberger begun by saying.

“There’s a little bit there to play out more than just the draft picks on the table, does Gold Coast have a need or a want for Maurice Rioli? I’m not sure.

“Daniel is Maurice’s nephew, (so) I’m not too sure they want to play apart.”

Wood than detailed their relationship as youngsters, and as to why they look so fondly on the idea of continuing their playing careers together.

“These guys grew up tight as tight; they have spoken about kicking a Coke bottle under the one street light where they lived on the Tiwi Islands, treating it like it was a footy and pretending they were on the MCG,” Wood explained.

“I think it’s safe to say that there was an element when Maurice came to Melbourne … that there was a promise that he would look after him.”

Maurice is currently three to four weeks away from his return after a nasty syndesmosis injury sustained against the Western Bulldogs in Round 9.

Daniel has played 174 games since his debut in 2016, while Maurice has played 35 since 2021.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/top-preagent-makes-key-call-on-future-suns-rioli-raid-may-get-even-bigger-trade-whispers/news-story/78ca582fcf25e2e277dffffe1d405b37

Online Wazza

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1313 on: Yesterday at 01:25:46 AM »
How about stuff off GC and dimma and use your own talent you gained in your compromised draft pool. Leave our boys alone.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1314 on: Yesterday at 01:20:19 PM »
This just goes to show - where there’s smoke , there’s fire .

Oh you’re just going to the Goldie for a holiday Daniel 😂😂
Oh you’re just catching up with Dimma because you’re old friends 😂😂

Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1315 on: Yesterday at 02:06:53 PM »
Draft picks

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1316 on: Yesterday at 02:09:44 PM »
This just goes to show - where there’s smoke , there’s fire .

Oh you’re just going to the Goldie for a holiday Daniel 😂😂
Oh you’re just catching up with Dimma because you’re old friends 😂😂

Yeah like Graham magically turning up at Port Adelaide .. got lost on his way to mum and dads

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1317 on: Yesterday at 03:53:56 PM »
Let's see who can defend him now if he takes MRJ as well.

When Al clarkson went to north he didn't bleed them dry, so lets see what old mate Dimma does.. 

Also if you are not building a culture for these players to stay what does that say about the way the club is going now, on off the field  :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1318 on: Yesterday at 04:09:34 PM »
Weren't we supposed to draft Maria Rioli for the AFLW? What happened there? Might be a good idea to bring her down this year.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1319 on: Yesterday at 04:51:43 PM »
We have a small window to leverage player reputation and get overs before we are just another crap club who’s better players want to leave and try and win a flag elsewhere.
The window is small also because the draft is going to be compromised in the next small period

Must do whatever we can do land 4 or 5 top 10 draft picks this year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.