Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 254209 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: June 23, 2024, 05:58:57 PM »
SNIP  :banghead

Finally warning

Keep your childish feud off the forum
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2024, 05:52:00 PM »
In the end we did not really rate Rioli we were prepared to bid on first Mathew Kennedy and then Hipwood. Thank god Fagan and his crew matched that bid. I reckon Kennedy has been pretty servicable and compliments Cripps Walsh and Cerra nicely. Rioli has been pretty good as well since going to H/B

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1293 on: June 25, 2024, 11:20:31 PM »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1294 on: June 25, 2024, 11:21:15 PM »
I’d personally be tempted by that depending on exactly where those picks fell and assuming Dan wanted to leave. Would much rather do the old bait and switch and give them short instead.

Online Wazza

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1295 on: June 25, 2024, 11:25:24 PM »
I'm hoping that this is all still media beat up. But I think the drums are banging. Really hope Rioli stays. Even Bolton and baker for that fact. We can't give away all our players. We still need decent players around the club otherwise the club will continue to go backwards.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1296 on: June 25, 2024, 11:29:14 PM »
If I had to trade one of the three it would be Bolton.

I would have made Baker or Rioli captain two years ago.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1297 on: June 26, 2024, 09:10:14 AM »
Agreed re: Bolton. Rioli and baker are both Richmond players. Bolton is an arrogant show off who will never reach his potential.

2 first for Rioli is ridiculous though and you’d have to entertain it although I’d prefer to keep him

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1298 on: June 26, 2024, 09:20:21 AM »
Agreed re: Bolton. Rioli and baker are both Richmond players. Bolton is an arrogant show off who will never reach his potential.

2 first for Rioli is ridiculous though and you’d have to entertain it although I’d prefer to keep him

Depends on how deep they are. Wouldn't bother if it's 15+16.

GCS currently has 7, 8 + 20 though.

I'd happily take 7+8 and pay some of his wage or send 2nd round picks back their way etc.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1299 on: June 26, 2024, 09:23:54 AM »

I'd happily take 7+8 and pay some of his wage or send 2nd round picks back their way etc.

7+8 for rioli is crazy. I just don’t believe they’d give us that even with some 2nds going back their way. Of course depends if rioli actually wants to go. Could be mass exodus end of this year

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1300 on: June 26, 2024, 11:13:34 AM »

7+8 for rioli is crazy. I just don’t believe they’d give us that even with some 2nds going back their way. Of course depends if rioli actually wants to go. Could be mass exodus end of this year

Said I'd happily take it haha.

Would you do 8+20 for him? Salary payments and other pick swaps etc?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1301 on: June 26, 2024, 11:53:10 AM »
7 and 8 for Rioli  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
He is my favourite player, but for goodness sakes

If we got offered that, we would wrap him up in cotton wool and personally deliver him with a ribbon

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1302 on: June 26, 2024, 12:24:11 PM »

Said I'd happily take it haha.

Would you do 8+20 for him? Salary payments and other pick swaps etc?

Would do. I’m not paying any of his salary though. I’m against doing that just out of principal. We’re not in any sort of cap trouble where we need to be entertaining things like that. If a club wants a player and a player wants to go there then they need to sort out the salary btw them.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1303 on: June 26, 2024, 12:43:30 PM »

Suns paid pick 2 for Lachie Weller.  7+8 is unders for Rioli.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1304 on: June 26, 2024, 12:57:31 PM »

If we pay 300k of his wage for the next three seasons it would be hard not to give up picks 7 and 8 and we give them our pick 24. ( I believe that their salary cap is pretty tight.)