Author Topic: Dimma: The Process is Broken (presser)  (Read 3752 times)

tony_montana

Re: Dimma: The Process is Broken (presser)
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »
I just heard Rance on sen, a bit concerned with his definition of leadership. Was saying he and the senior guys can't force the young guys to play and see football the way they want them to play, bc they may have different footy philosophies and see things differently to the senior guys. So it's up to them to work it out basically.  :huh

If that is indicative of the leadership style it's no surprise we seem to lack direction on field.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2016, 02:40:30 PM »
I just heard Rance on sen, a bit concerned with his definition of leadership. Was saying he and the senior guys can't force the young guys to play and see football the way they want them to play, bc they may have different footy philosophies and see things differently to the senior guys. So it's up to them to work it out basically.  :huh

If that is indicative of the leadership style it's no surprise we seem to lack direction on field.
Heard that and the Cotchin Interview on MMM. Coupled with quotes from Dimma and Astbury over the last week I reckon you get a good insight into the
befuddled atmosphere down at the club.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
Therein lies the problem, basically it's all too hard for them so just let the kids work it out for themselves, she'll be right mate.... Quite comical if it wasn't so sad for the club.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2016, 03:42:44 PM »
Coaching & Football Performance -Tim Livingstone FAIL
Player Development Manager-Bronwyn Doig FAIL
Leadership Consultant-Gerard Murphy FAIL
Senior Coach-Damien Hardwick FAIL
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »
Wait a minute - we've got a chick managing player development?

Explains a lot....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »
I mean what are we expecting the players to develop? Breasts?

Doing a fine job with Conca & Yarran if that's the case....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »
So we are entering a team into the women's league.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »
They had a good hit out last night in preparation....

- Thomas Sowell

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »
I mean what are we expecting the players to develop? Breasts?

Doing a fine job with Conca & Yarran if that's the case....
:lol
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
Something that l think is a major problem at Tigerland is when you have a player like Brandon Ellis ready to move the ball on forward & you have a senior player in Rance instructing him what to do. l find this a real problem because the player with the ball is not using his own football smarts but doing what the player behind wants. Is this why RFC are so aweful on the ground as they waste their own ability.
Seeing Brandon Ellis doing a complete circle on the spot that looked aweful stuck in my mind & had me thinking. Its the senior players who are the problem. When the youngsters move the ball forward long & quickly we score goals. What do other think about this. Could this be the main problem out on the field that the senior players are not letting the other players use their own brain & confusing them. l don't think any player needs a lecture on how to move the ball forward from a mark or free kick.
Players are drafted on the ability & football smarts. We have too many out on the ground giving orders yet fail to carry out their own role properly. l don't see any benefit in Rance wanting Ellis to go across the ground & he did turn it over but l see this as a problem on field. Thoughts

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
Nope

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »
Wait a minute - we've got a chick managing player development?

Explains a lot....

Head of Arrested development, is her official title
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »

Heard that and the Cotchin Interview on MMM. Coupled with quotes from Dimma and Astbury over the last week I reckon you get a good insight into the
befuddled atmosphere down at the club.

I didn't hear the Rance interview but did hear the Cotchin one

Wasn't one of Trent's best media efforts  :-\ when asked if it was getting him down & how it is impacting on him he said he seeing Dimma "getting thrown up under the bus" was the hardest thing to deal with... What the?....

And finished off by saying "our supporters need to know we are working hard to fix things"

Sounded broken himself and was not confident in his answers...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2016, 12:00:57 AM »

Everybody love everybody
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus