Author Topic: New Numbers even one for Newman (RFC Site)  (Read 2004 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
New Numbers even one for Newman (RFC Site)
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:58:49 PM »
New number for Newman

12:36:45 PM Wed 30 November, 2005
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Reliable Richmond defender Chris Newman has been rewarded for his consistent form over the past few years with a lower guernsey number for the 2006 season.

In fact, the 23-year-old, who has played all of his 76 senior league games with the Tigers in the No. 35 jumper, will wear the lowest number of them all – No. 1.

Newman was pleased to take over the No. 1 guernsey vacated by Rory Hilton, when it was offered to him by the Club. It’s the number he predominantly wore during his junior football days at Beaconsfield.

Meanwhile, Richmond’s first choice in last Saturday’s National Draft, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, has been given the honor of wearing the No. 29 guernsey, made famous throughout 403 games by Club ‘Immortal’ and five-time premiership player Kevin Bartlett.

In further number news from Punt Road, ex-Bulldog Patrick Bowden will wear the No. 16 guernsey in his first season at Tigerland . . .

It’s the number worn by his coach Terry Wallace throughout his illustrious league career at three clubs – Hawthorn, Richmond and the Bulldogs.

Bowden wore No. 20 during his five-year career at the Whitten Oval.

Richmond’s second selection in the ’05 National Draft, Cleve Hughes, has been given the No. 34 jumper, with the Club’s third choice, Travis Casserley, to wear No. 37.

The No. 9 guernsey, worn with such distinction by Wayne Campbell for the vast majority of his illustrious league playing career, until his retirement at the end of last season, will remain in mothballs throughout 2006 . . .

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=238993
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: New Numbers even one for Newman (RFC Site)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:02:54 PM »

Reliable Richmond defender Chris Newman has been rewarded for his consistent form over the past few years with a lower guernsey number for the 2006 season.

In fact, the 23-year-old, who has played all of his 76 senior league games with the Tigers in the No. 35 jumper, will wear the lowest number of them all – No. 1.

Here's hoping he has more luck than the last couple who've worn it (excluding Mick Gale ;D)

Meanwhile, Richmond’s first choice in last Saturday’s National Draft, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, has been given the honor of wearing the No. 29 guernsey, made famous throughout 403 games by Club ‘Immortal’ and five-time premiership player Kevin Bartlett.

Hope this kid has more luck as well as the previous owners (exception Torney of course). Gilmour, Menegola, Mahoney :rollin

In further number news from Punt Road, ex-Bulldog Patrick Bowden will wear the No. 16 guernsey in his first season at Tigerland . . .

Who was the the OER poster who thought he might get 16 - oh yeah that was me  ;D

The No. 9 guernsey, worn with such distinction by Wayne Campbell for the vast majority of his illustrious league playing career, until his retirement at the end of last season, will remain in mothballs throughout 2006 . . .

He lobbied hard and got his way - JohnF is most pleased :lol :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 05:46:02 PM »

Following on from Morrison, Holland and Stevan Jackson  :help

John's already got it placed in his shrine in the billards room  ;D

2006 first round pick's guernsey number you'd reckon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:24:41 PM »
I think we'll be trading that pick, no way we go 3 years in a row without trading away high picks!  :lol :'(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Finalised Tiger numbers for 2006 (RFC site)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:11 PM »
Finalised Tiger numbers for '06
10:58:52 AM Fri 23 December, 2005
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond’s selection in the recent AFL pre-season draft, Matthew White, will wear the No. 35 Tiger guernsey in his debut season of league football.

White takes over the number from Chris Newman, who has been given the Tigers’ No. 1 guernsey.

Meanwhile, the Tigers’ three choices in the rookie draft, will wear the following guernsey numbers in season 2006: Jeremy Humm, No. 42; Cameron Howat, No. 43; and Angus Graham, No. 44.

The full list of 2006 guernsey numbers at Tigerland is . . .

1.   Chris Newman
2.   Darren Gaspar
3.   Brett Deledio
4.   Andrew Raines
5.   Troy Simmonds
6.   Mark Chaffey
7.   Nathan Brown
8.   Tom Roach
9.   ____________
10.   Greg Stafford
11.   Joel Bowden
12.   Matthew Richardson
13.   Trent Knobel
14.   Dean Polo
15.   Kayne Pettifer
16.   Patrick Bowden
17.   Kane Johnson
18.   David Rodan
19.   Dean Limbach
20.   Ray Hall
21.   Shane Tuck
22.   Danny Meyer
23.   Daniel Jackson
24.   Mark Coughlan
25.   Jay Schulz
26.   Adam Pattison
27.   Andrew Krakouer
28.   _____________
29.   Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
30.   Richard Tambling
31.   Chris Hyde
32.   Greg Tivendale
33.   Brent Hartigan
34.   Cleve Hughes
35.   Matthew White
36.   Will Thursfield
37.   Travis Casserly
38.   Luke McGuane
39.   Andrew Kellaway
40.   Kelvin Moore
41.   Nathan Foley
42.   Jeremy Humm
43.   Cameron Howat
44.   Angus Graham

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=241680

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 04:02:19 PM »

He lobbied hard and got his way - JohnF is most pleased :lol :rollin

John's already got it placed in his shrine in the billards room  ;D

I lobbied for a permanent retirement of the number, together with a statue outside puntroad and a national public holiday, but i'm happy to compromise  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 07:35:08 PM »
I lobbied for a permanent retirement of the number, together with a statue outside puntroad and a national public holiday, but i'm happy to compromise  :lol

:lol

LOL @ Cambo day being every single day and John making the pilgrimage to a statue of himself in classical pose massaging Cambo's weary calves with one hand while fighting off the Knighter supporting hoardes from BF with 4 B&F and 2 AA medallions in the other  :rollin.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd