Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 456254 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2016, 11:46:51 AM »
We're not interested in Jenkins from what I've heard anyway.

Also, I'd rather we chase a quality ballwinning mid whose 6'2", which is the direction the midfield game is heading, rather than another sub-6 footer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2016, 01:28:06 PM »

Also, I'd rather we chase a quality ballwinning mid whose 6'2", which is the direction the midfield game is heading, rather than another sub-6 footer.
You mean a player like a Nat Fyfe or Pat Cripps type MT?  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2016, 06:22:11 AM »

Dusty doesn't count cause he's 6'1"..... :rollin

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2016, 04:39:44 PM »
Steele and Stewart from GWS could be a chance. FYI we loved them in their draft years. TV looks like going and i would be very happy with young Stewart as his replacement.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2016, 06:07:40 PM »
I would rather we get the best that is available, instead of the lasts again, or the nothings we usually get.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »
Just watching the Suns game again, gee with Prestia in our team next year and a couple of name players.....whoa. He is bloody good. :pray

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2016, 05:11:57 PM »
He was pretty average IMO

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2016, 06:04:21 PM »
Well he would be I suppose when you rate Batchelor.

"Rucks:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2016, 06:30:24 PM »
Just watching the Suns game again, gee with Prestia in our team next year and a couple of name players.....whoa. He is bloody good. :pray

Well i suppose when you rate Vickery and Hampson....even and average player looks amazing*

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:19:43 AM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Prestia gets a lot of the pill but he doesn't use it all that well. Like Bellis.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2016, 02:07:33 PM »
From Nick Bowen's Q&A live chat on the AFL website:

Q. Any news if some one is trying to get Jack Steele out of GWS?

A. Plenty of interest among Victoria clubs in Steele with Richmond believed to be leading the back.

Q. Do you think vickery or Griffiths will be pushed out of the Tigers team?

A. The Tigers don't appear to be in any rush to re-sign either Vickery or Griffiths. There's a strong sense the Tigers are in the market for a big fish - they've been linked to Jenkins, Hurley and Dion Prestia - so they'll probably wait to see how they go there before deciding on both big men.

Q. There's been a lot of talk about the Tigers needing to rebuild and get some younger players for next year with a new 5 year plan. Do you think they'll look at trading their senior, more experienced players such as Deledio for some young guns? Do you think this would be a good choice for them?

A. I think the Tigers need to consider trading some big names because their list needs at least a mini-rebuild. Deledio and Dusty are both free agents at the end of 2017 and given Martin's form you would only consider trading Deledio.

Q. Do you think Prestia and O'meara will leave, and where too? Also what do you believe will be the biggest trade of this year.

A. I think they'll both leave, although I'm  more confident on Prestia. Richmond and Melbourne appear to lead the race for him, Hawthorn for O'Meara.

Q. Hey Nick, thoughts on Michael Hurley? has been talked about in Adelaide, as a possible move to the Crows

A. Hi Lachie, I think Hurley will ultimately stay at Essendon. Has been linked to Crows and I understand he would only join a non-Vic club if he left Essendon

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-23/chat-live-with-aflcomaus-free-agency-expert-nick-bowen

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »
"There's a strong sense the Tigers are in the market for a big fish"........Oh me, oh my... :help

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: June 23, 2016, 02:59:06 PM »

Well i suppose when you rate Vickery and Hampson....even and average player looks amazing*

I suppose the rest of the football world are wrong too rating Hampson...

I said I would give Vickery the rest of the season to improve, until then, I support him yes.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #268 on: June 23, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
I don't believe we're interested in Jenkins despite what the media thinks. Certainly won't be if Barrett is right about Brisbane's $1m a year for 4 years being on the table  :o.

If Hurley stays at Essendon, then there's really no big fish on offer. Prestia is a solid footballer (not A-grade), while Steele is just another fringe player.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »
We should be going after Tomlinson before Steele.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.