Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 453218 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2016, 03:43:04 PM »
Lockett to Richmond was done.

Afl stepped in sent him to Sydney

Errr no it wasn't close

And err no re the AFL

Tigers wouldn't give up the players that St Kilda wanted for Lockett
Yet they accepted less from sydney than what they wanted from us?
Lockett decrared Richmond as his preferred club, largely due to his fathers friendship with Northey.

St Kilda demanded one of campbell, knights and I cannot remember the last , maybe free? plus picks

They accepted 3 average players and some picks instead

The AFL wanted Lockett in Sydney, and in the end he was happy to oblige due to him being under police investigation for dodgy dealing in greyhound stud shenanigans, which he ultimately left his mate Mcdonald to carry the can for.

The whole thing stunk of crap stained corruption
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #377 on: July 07, 2016, 05:47:24 PM »

Errr no it wasn't close

And err no re the AFL

Completley incorrect WP.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2016, 03:18:32 AM »
The AFL website is linking us to GWS ruckman Tom Downie.

ps. Speaking of "ruckman", KB and Jon Ralph the other day were talking about Richmond and Daw  :help.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Six players on the ruck role roundabout

AFL.com.au
July 8, 2016

HALF A dozen out-of-contract ruckmen are attracting interest from AFL clubs looking to bolster their ruck stocks at season's end.

The six players opposition clubs are hoping to entice into the annual rucking revolving door are Jarrod Witts (Collingwood), Nathan Vardy (Geelong), Zac Clarke (Fremantle), Majak Daw (North Melbourne), Tom Downie (GWS), and Tom Nicholls (Gold Coast).

Witts has been linked with the Brisbane Lions, while Vardy has reportedly attracted interest from the Western Bulldogs.

Both players have been starved of opportunities after being touted as potential stars after just a few games.

Witts attracted interest from the Giants at the end of last season but decided to stay with the Magpies, however he has only played two senior games this season after a finger injury ruined the first half of the season.

The 23-year-old could attract a second-round draft pick if he was traded, with Brodie Grundy's stronghold on the senior ruck spot and the emergence of Mason Cox limiting his chances at the Magpies.

Vardy has played 25 games since making his debut in 2011. A hip injury and a knee reconstruction have made life difficult for the 25-year-old.

He has played just one AFL game this season, but been fit enough to play nine VFL games and appears to have slipped behind Mitch Clark in the pecking order.

At his best, Vardy is an exciting ruck-forward.

Fremantle's athletic free agent Zac Clarke will attract interest from Victorian clubs, while North Melbourne is keen to retain Majak Daw but he will be in demand if he chooses to explore options elsewhere.

Downie has been in excellent form in the NEAFL for the Giants and is a solid back-up for Shane Mumford.

Carlton and Richmond are understood to have been among several clubs monitoring the 23-year-old, who has played nine games for the Giants since his debut in 2013, which was against the Tigers.

He is understood to remain a required player for the Giants, which recruited him in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.

Another required ruckman yet to sign is Gold Coast's Tom Nicholls, although parties are understood to have been having positive discussions about his future.

Nicholls battled to cement his position as No.1 ruck early in the season after the club cleared Zac Smith to Geelong, but he has returned to good form in recent weeks.

Geelong is one of the few clubs with more than one top quality ruckman on its list, with Richmond, the Brisbane Lions, Carlton, North Melbourne and Melbourne understood to be in the market for at least a back-up ruckman.

At the end of 2015, seven ruckmen changed clubs, with Smith joining Geelong (14 games in 2016), Matthew Leuenberger joining Essendon (13), Dawson Simpson joining the Giants (no games), Callum Sinclair joining the Sydney Swans (13), Daniel Currie joining Gold Coast (four), Jonathan Giles joining West Coast (one) and Andrew Phillips joining Carlton (eight).

Hawthorn's 2008 premiership team was the most recent flag-winning combination to not have at least one ruckman recruited from another club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-07/six-players-on-the-ruck-role-roundabout

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2016, 06:30:10 AM »

St Kilda demanded one of campbell, knights and I cannot remember the last , maybe free? plus picks

St Kilda wanted Campbell, Naish and one other player whose name escapes me

Errr no it wasn't close

And err no re the AFL

Completley incorrect WP.

Would say my info on this is very correct  ;)
Saints & Tigers couldn't do a deal and St Kilda didn't really want to deal with the Tigers at that time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2016, 04:51:58 PM »
yet they took significantly less from Sydney than they wanted from us?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
The AFL website is linking us to GWS ruckman Tom Downie.

ps. Speaking of "ruckman", KB and Jon Ralph the other day were talking about Richmond and Daw  :help.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Six players on the ruck role roundabout

AFL.com.au
July 8, 2016

HALF A dozen out-of-contract ruckmen are attracting interest from AFL clubs looking to bolster their ruck stocks at season's end.

The six players opposition clubs are hoping to entice into the annual rucking revolving door are Jarrod Witts (Collingwood), Nathan Vardy (Geelong), Zac Clarke (Fremantle), Majak Daw (North Melbourne), Tom Downie (GWS), and Tom Nicholls (Gold Coast).

Witts has been linked with the Brisbane Lions, while Vardy has reportedly attracted interest from the Western Bulldogs.

Both players have been starved of opportunities after being touted as potential stars after just a few games.

Witts attracted interest from the Giants at the end of last season but decided to stay with the Magpies, however he has only played two senior games this season after a finger injury ruined the first half of the season.

The 23-year-old could attract a second-round draft pick if he was traded, with Brodie Grundy's stronghold on the senior ruck spot and the emergence of Mason Cox limiting his chances at the Magpies.

Vardy has played 25 games since making his debut in 2011. A hip injury and a knee reconstruction have made life difficult for the 25-year-old.

He has played just one AFL game this season, but been fit enough to play nine VFL games and appears to have slipped behind Mitch Clark in the pecking order.

At his best, Vardy is an exciting ruck-forward.

Fremantle's athletic free agent Zac Clarke will attract interest from Victorian clubs, while North Melbourne is keen to retain Majak Daw but he will be in demand if he chooses to explore options elsewhere.

Downie has been in excellent form in the NEAFL for the Giants and is a solid back-up for Shane Mumford.

Carlton and Richmond are understood to have been among several clubs monitoring the 23-year-old, who has played nine games for the Giants since his debut in 2013, which was against the Tigers.

He is understood to remain a required player for the Giants, which recruited him in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.

Another required ruckman yet to sign is Gold Coast's Tom Nicholls, although parties are understood to have been having positive discussions about his future.

Nicholls battled to cement his position as No.1 ruck early in the season after the club cleared Zac Smith to Geelong, but he has returned to good form in recent weeks.

Geelong is one of the few clubs with more than one top quality ruckman on its list, with Richmond, the Brisbane Lions, Carlton, North Melbourne and Melbourne understood to be in the market for at least a back-up ruckman.

At the end of 2015, seven ruckmen changed clubs, with Smith joining Geelong (14 games in 2016), Matthew Leuenberger joining Essendon (13), Dawson Simpson joining the Giants (no games), Callum Sinclair joining the Sydney Swans (13), Daniel Currie joining Gold Coast (four), Jonathan Giles joining West Coast (one) and Andrew Phillips joining Carlton (eight).

Hawthorn's 2008 premiership team was the most recent flag-winning combination to not have at least one ruckman recruited from another club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-07/six-players-on-the-ruck-role-roundabout

No thanks Me, WAT and Jock are happy with hampson

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
Witts or Nicholls maybe

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Witts seems like a potato to me but I haven't watched him that closely. Like the look of Nichols though.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
Witts seems like a potato to me but I haven't watched him that closely. Like the look of Nichols though.

Can never have enough potatoes in the bakery

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2016, 10:25:08 PM »

Can never have enough potatoes in the bakery

We could get Smiths chips to sponsor us
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »
No to Witts don't see why people want him? Is it because he's tall?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »
Fyfe pls
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2016, 12:48:39 PM »

He is useless.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2016, 01:22:40 PM »

He is useless.
Hasn't entered his window yet though and many rucks start to blossom around the 24yo mark.
I wouldn't write him off yet.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.