Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 453203 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #660 on: August 13, 2016, 05:28:57 AM »
Three clubs - Collingwood, Richmond and North Melbourne - have all shown interest in Fremantle forward Chris Mayne.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLTRDON/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #661 on: August 13, 2016, 05:51:55 AM »
Three clubs - Collingwood, Richmond and North Melbourne - have all shown interest in Fremantle forward Chris Mayne.

Pass!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #662 on: August 13, 2016, 07:49:51 AM »

God no.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Ruanaidh

« Reply #663 on: August 13, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying this but in this climate where several clubs are looking for ruck forwards Vickery will have inflated currency imo....doggies, pies, freo etc. We may get a half decent player or surprisingly high draft pick in return if we act now. I'm hoping one of our young talks will fill the very small void he leaves behind.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #664 on: August 13, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
Ill have some of whatever your injecting into your eyeballs
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: August 13, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »
I can't believe I'm saying this but in this climate where several clubs are looking for ruck forwards Vickery will have inflated currency imo....doggies, pies, freo etc. We may get a half decent player or surprisingly high draft pick in return if we act now. I'm hoping one of our young talks will fill the very small void he leaves behind.

Vickery plus whatever gets the job done (within reason) for Boyd from Dogs  :shh (with a pay cut)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #666 on: August 13, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
Vickery plus whatever gets the job done (within reason) for Boyd from Dogs  :shh (with a pay cut)
The bloke hit the jackpot with the doggies,don't think there's a snowflakes chance in hell of him taking a paycut.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: August 13, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »
The bloke hit the jackpot with the doggies,don't think there's a snowflakes chance in hell of him taking a paycut.

Vlastuin's and his wives are good mates, might get it over the line :shh

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #668 on: August 13, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »

They (Vlas and Boyd) lived together for a time.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: August 13, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »
I'm not sure why anyone think we can trade for Vickery  :huh
I'd trade for Tom Boyd - seems more the Tom Hawkins  type where his best footy is still 4-5 years away but we might see proof of the potential next year or the year after.
I'd pay half his salary for a 3rd rounder and effectively Vickerys salary goes to Boyd.
Ty might land us a 2nd round compo pick.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #670 on: August 13, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »

I watched Boyd play ruck last night against Grundy, it made me appreciate Hammer a fair bit more!  Boyd barely contested at centre bounces & did stuff all around the ground, he stood there & watched his team mates battle it out.  Not even half a ruck & an over-paid, over-rated battler at full forward.  Even Vickery has this bloke covered!    :thumbsdown
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #671 on: August 13, 2016, 01:19:06 PM »

Boyd will still get paid the same amount regardless of who he plays for until his current contract expires.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: August 13, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »

They (Vlas and Boyd) lived together for a time.

Hence the joke

I watched Boyd play ruck last night against Grundy, it made me appreciate Hammer a fair bit more!  Boyd barely contested at centre bounces & did stuff all around the ground, he stood there & watched his team mates battle it out.  Not even half a ruck & an over-paid, over-rated battler at full forward.  Even Vickery has this bloke covered!    :thumbsdown

A 22 year old full-time ruckman dominated a 20 year part-time ruckman so you appreciate our 28 year old ruckman more? I'm sorry but I think people forget how young this kid is and the fact he isn't a ruckman but more so a forward.

Also, Vickery may average half an extra goal a game this season but he averages less disposals, tackles and hit outs. It's pretty much trading a dud for a dud except one dud has the advantage of youth and development.

Saying all that, I wouldn't really go for Boyd, it was more tongue in cheek. He's on way too much money based on hope

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: August 13, 2016, 03:47:52 PM »

How did Hampson go against Grundy, well I will tell you he got pantsed, Grundy was their best player, and all because he was playing against Hampson

Talk about people with rose coloured glasses

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #674 on: August 13, 2016, 04:11:22 PM »

Lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus