Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 453288 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #780 on: August 22, 2016, 10:35:04 AM »
I think we should make a highlights reel for TV now that he is being traded, no point raggin on the man he did play for us.  Just have the footage of him knocking out Cox on a loop should do it.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: August 22, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »
Not bad but do you really think Deledio would net us 15 and 16? Maybe if we went a year early or he didn't get injured again this year but now I think a lot of clubs will be wary...
That would be similar to the Treloar trade and I don't think you pay as much for Deledio as you do Treloar.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #782 on: August 22, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »
I posted this in the Prestia thread, more on topic here though:-

If we could get GWS picks 14 and 15 for Lids and ontrade one of those for prestia i reckon it would be a good outcome. Gws will have a heap of picks but this year will pay overs for premium talent for a tilt at a premiership.

Praying for a early second round compensation for Vickery.

Early second round for ellis (i thought he was worth pick 30 but apparently others rate him higher) and same for edwards.

FO conca for a pick around 30. West Coast have pick 31 atm.

Ins would leave us something like

Pick 6, 14, Prestia, 20, 21,22,31 and 42.

Gets rid of lids (old and injury prone) edwards (hot and cold, and starting to get on) and squibs Ellis and Conca.

Into the starting 22 side comes Prestia, McIntosh, Menadue, C Ellis. Debut the picks when ready.

Still hoping for a bit more of a clean out but not sure we will go harder than retirements plus Batch.

Basically my best case scenario outcome id wake up with half a chub if it went down this way .

Geez dude Dans still on his L plates.  It'll take him the 2 weeks to get the Prestia deal done.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #783 on: August 22, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Will we wait most of the trade period then poo our pants and do it last minute and have no time for anyone else? Geez that sounds familiar

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #784 on: August 22, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »
Cant see the tigers shopping Lids of even thu we are not getting what we wont from him but then again there are about 10-12 of those players at our club right know. we need to deal smart with priesta and some how keep the first round pick. ty will give us a second rounder something we don't have and so should conca....
ellis is signed for another year not sure on the money he is on..
really we need to off load the likes of Morris, hunt, Elton, mcbean, grigg, maric, there is 6 chaplin gone there is 7 we could really off load 10 this draft

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #785 on: August 22, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »
Would we/you be willing to give up our pick 6 for Tomlinson and Steele?
Two for one?

nope!
Prestia aside i reckon we should be hitting the Draft hard
we won't catch GWS by taking thier 2nd tier Players!

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #786 on: August 22, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »
I posted this in the Prestia thread, more on topic here though:-

If we could get GWS picks 14 and 15 for Lids and ontrade one of those for prestia i reckon it would be a good outcome. Gws will have a heap of picks but this year will pay overs for premium talent for a tilt at a premiership.

Praying for a early second round compensation for Vickery.

Early second round for ellis (i thought he was worth pick 30 but apparently others rate him higher) and same for edwards.

FO conca for a pick around 30. West Coast have pick 31 atm.

Ins would leave us something like

Pick 6, 14, Prestia, 20, 21,22,31 and 42.

Gets rid of lids (old and injury prone) edwards (hot and cold, and starting to get on) and squibs Ellis and Conca.

Into the starting 22 side comes Prestia, McIntosh, Menadue, C Ellis. Debut the picks when ready.

Still hoping for a bit more of a clean out but not sure we will go harder than retirements plus Batch.

Basically my best case scenario outcome id wake up with half a chub if it went down this way .
i am all for it if we are taking those picks into the Draft, we could do some damage there...

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2016, 01:57:56 PM »
Not bad but do you really think Deledio would net us 15 and 16? Maybe if we went a year early or he didn't get injured again this year but now I think a lot of clubs will be wary...
That would be similar to the Treloar trade and I don't think you pay as much for Deledio as you do Treloar.
given Lids body is starting to let him down if we want to trade him for any value it has to be this year.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #788 on: August 22, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »
Will we wait most of the trade period then poo our pants and do it last minute and have no time for anyone else? Geez that sounds familiar
given Prestia wants to come across, if GC want to play hardball we get the other deals done then we have more options for getting Prestia deal done.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #789 on: August 22, 2016, 02:00:57 PM »
Two for one?

nope!

Apparently Richmond will catch gws -

By giving gws one of RFC best 5 players ...

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #790 on: August 22, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »
I don't think this is the draft to be taking heaps of players from.
It's very similar to the 2010 Gold Coast draft where there was a fairly even spread of players from 1-18 but was massively hit or miss beyond that.
My feeling this will be a pick by needs draft rather than on talent, there are 3-4?players who could easily go number 1 then a few more safe picks out to 12 or so but it's a massive lucky dip after that point.
If we're serious about re building I'd be trying to hang onto pick 6, trade a player or players fronprestia and trade for picks to stockpile for next years draft.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #791 on: August 22, 2016, 05:47:29 PM »
Two for one?

nope!

Apparently Richmond will catch gws -

By giving gws one of RFC best 5 players ...

Nobody will catch them for next decade or so regardless... it's all about who's going to lose to them in the Grand Final.....aka "The Organic Premiership"...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:13:37 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #792 on: August 22, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »
Latest trade rumour: Our 3rd to GWS for Stewart.

Source: Big Footy flog via PRE flog.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: August 22, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »
Latest trade rumour: Our 3rd to GWS for Stewart.

Source: Big Footy flog via PRE flog.
Not a bad swap. We need KPPs.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #794 on: August 22, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »
I think we should make a highlights reel for TV now that he is being traded, no point raggin on the man he did play for us.  Just have the footage of him knocking out Cox on a loop should do it.

No traded
He is a free agent
Goes where ever he wants
We get comp pick as determined by AFL