Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 453213 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #960 on: September 04, 2016, 08:36:41 PM »
Well if that's what you see .... Fine. Longer is not AFL standard and if you think he would make us better  :help

Please don't try and have a positive comment for Hampson around the forum experts, they know far better than everyone else in the football world.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #961 on: September 04, 2016, 08:43:17 PM »
Well if that's what you see .... Fine. Longer is not AFL standard and if you think he would make us better  :help

Please don't try and have a positive comment for Hampson around the forum experts, they know far better than everyone else in the football world.

As one of the site experts, id like to put on the record that i endorse this comment.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #962 on: September 04, 2016, 08:46:45 PM »

As long as there are supporters like you accepting mediocrity as acceptable the RFC is doomed to fail

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #963 on: September 04, 2016, 09:04:55 PM »

As long as there are supporters like you accepting mediocrity as acceptable the RFC is doomed to fail

Special comments from the leader of the RCGG and BB......
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: September 04, 2016, 09:06:12 PM »

Why don't you want our club to be successful?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #965 on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:55 PM »

Why don't you want our club to be successful?

He accepts mediocrity. Wallows in it. Always has, always will

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #966 on: September 04, 2016, 10:32:02 PM »
No one has asked the most important question.

Does he train well?

Number two

Will he talk to me if I chase him down the street?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #967 on: September 04, 2016, 10:34:24 PM »
No one has asked the most important question.

Does he train well?

Number two

Will he talk to me if I chase him down the street?
:lol :bow :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: September 05, 2016, 07:25:36 AM »
What KPF, KPD and ruck will we snare in the off season?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

tony_montana

« Reply #969 on: September 05, 2016, 09:35:42 AM »
Cloke
Dawson
Clarke
 :shh

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #970 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »
Cloke
Dawson
Clarke
 :shh

Cloke has stated he wants to go to a club with a 'Winning Culture' with so that rules us out  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #971 on: September 05, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »
Hmmm.....
Despite signing a contract extension about 6 weeks ago

From twiiter

@AFLTRADE

We've heard St Kilda will put Billy Longer on the trade table, and are prepared to listen to offers for him. #AFLTrade #AFL

Tigers were interested pre contract extension, have to investigate. Far superior ruckman around the ground than Hampson IMESHO

Went looking for the details about the Soldo/Longer matchup and found this from early July

For me his lack of of awareness  just kills him too often.Also the dumb idiotic free kicks keep on happening.
This guy is never going to be anything more than a b/c grader.He aint as bad as a lot make him out to be but he is nothing special either.
He is one i would clearly look to be trading out of the club. You never know another club may still see a bit of upside and get us back into the second round.

100% agree. Hes not as bad as some make out, but he'll also never be anything more than an average run of the mill mid you can find later in the draft. If the rumour is true about conca for longer - I'd do it without hesitating pending a successful medical on Longers head
What Longer rumour?.

According to Sporting Pulse, the Saints have asked for a direct swap - Longer for Conca.

Not sure how accurate it is though.

tony_montana

« Reply #972 on: September 05, 2016, 06:44:25 PM »
forget it, its done longer re-signed with the saints as WP mentioned

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: September 05, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »
The thing is though if they didn't resign him, come trade time he wouldn't be contracted and he could go anywhere and the Saints get nothing. Signed though and they can trade him and get something in return.
Pretty stupid to not sign him even if they didn't want to keep him.

He will almost definitely leave IMO.
As I said in another thread at the time of his resigning, he was stupid to stay at the Saints if he wanted to be the number 1 ruckman of a club.

I'd love to have him as I've seen him play some pretty good footy. And he is aggressive, which I like.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:10:31 PM by big tone »

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #974 on: September 05, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »
[/quote

:clapping