Author Topic: Pick 6 and go to the draft or Prestia?  (Read 13279 times)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Pick 6 and go to the draft or Prestia?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 07:19:48 AM »
Pick 6 will go for Prestia
Lids deal is focused on getting a pick back

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:40 AM »
The club is stupid plain and simple

If they had any brains they would have packaged 6 and Vickery pick for 2 mid teen picks and offer GC that.

Now they will part with an injury prone 4 footer for pick 6 where hawks grabbed a genuine a grader for 14

Balme and Dan working their magic

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »

If they had any brains they would have packaged 6 and Vickery pick for 2 mid teen picks and offer GC that.

Now they will part with an injury prone 4 footer for pick 6 where hawks grabbed a genuine a grader for 14

Correct me if I am wrong but Vickery was a restricted free agent that was out of contract. He accepted Hawthorns offer so l don't think we had any option to package him with pick 6
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 08:26:42 AM »
what i meant in an era where the clubs are after academy points- pick 6 and vickery compo pick would have surely netted us 2 teen picks. one for prestia and one for us?

we seem to be once again putting all our eggs in the one basket much like yarran last year.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
what i meant in an era where the clubs are after academy points- pick 6 and vickery compo pick would have surely netted us 2 teen picks. one for prestia and one for us?

we seem to be once again putting all our eggs in the one basket much like yarran last year.

Well we still have both pick 6 and 27 so that option is still on the table. I will make my mind up on this trade period after the 20th as  i dont believe makeing fast trades or more trades is really important. Some (most) of what you read on here or in the media is probably crap and there is no way of picking what is and in not.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »

Agree. Both are stuffen clueless

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »

Jagar is more injury prone then dion lets face that sure he maybe a better player but its yet to be seen how his knees hold up... dion missed  what the last 3-4 games id be resting my body as well if yah getting smashed each week and making sure im right for preseason

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 01:43:42 PM »
From the Herald-Sun trade-talk Q&A:

FROM VICKI ON EMAIL ...

Dan Richardson falsely accused the Richmond fans of being impatient in 2013 as justification for taking drafting shortcuts. In 2016 Dan seems to be still  impatient and it at risk botching the Prestia deal. It has been reported that he is willing to settle for pick 30 as a sweetener in the deal but this would mean Richmond is getting right royally done over. The polls conducted by the three major Richmond supporter sites conducted polls late last week and about 80% of supporters would prefer pick 6 and taking it to the draft than Prestia. It seem that Dan is the impatient one as giving up pick 6 for a player that has only completed one full season and has only played 22 games out of the last 44 is massive overs. Unless we get a pick in the teens as a sweetener in the Prestia deal the we should take 6 to the draft.

HS: Vicki playing hard ball.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-get-the-latest-news-and-rumours-and-see-the-deals-as-they-happen/news-story/513fbd1308055631c6a3a7d44a05ab7b

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 01:46:47 PM »
The people at the club are idiots.
They're all scrambling to try and save their jobs and there is no cohesion in their many methods, one of which Is talking poo.
Caracella and Balmey.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »
The people at the club are idiots.
They're all scrambling to try and save their jobs and there is no cohesion in their many methods, one of which Is talking poo.
The 'Hilary Clintons' of the AFL and the members/supporters are the 'deplorables'. Nothing will change until they go.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »

Jagar is more injury prone then dion lets face that sure he maybe a better player but its yet to be seen how his knees hold up... dion missed  what the last 3-4 games id be resting my body as well if yah getting smashed each week and making sure im right for preseason

I was not talking about Jaegar i was referring to Mitchell who is an A grade footballer and whom they got for pick 14/500k Yet we want to get bent over for pick 6 and a bloke on 700k??

be serious

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »
some posters here who like to defend the current admin are the biggest idiots imo....

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
Makes sense that we give up pick 6 6 years after we should have drafted him with pick 6.  666.  We are run by the satin worshipping illuminati.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 05:15:46 PM »
There was a Rothschild on the board a couple years ago
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 05:17:45 PM »
im truly amazed that so many people are so sure that we will recruit a better player than prestia with pick 6

What is this overwhelming endorsement of our recruiters based on?
I guess what people are saying is give them next years first. If Prestia is that good, we will improve our position considerably. That means we may have pick 12 or 13 next year. If you believe we won't improve and we may even go down, why should we waste $750K on a player who won't take us anywhere? May as well save the cash and splurge it next year on a FA like Fyfe and at the same time attack the draft with courage.

no,
what people are saying is that they believe that keeping pick 6 and going to the draft will be a better result than trading it for prestia.

on what basis would any sane person think that?
Prestia will be a better player than pick 6 next year. I think people are saying in 4 to 5 years pick 6 is a good chance of being better than Prestia and that we won't be challenging for at least that time. Does that make sense?

no it makes no sense.

define good chance and explain on what basis you make the judgement of good chance?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI