Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 174328 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shai Bolton signs 5-year contract extension [update]
« Reply #1005 on: December 20, 2022, 06:56:43 PM »
sensational news!

Wonder what it's worth but not fussed he's such a jet
7news just said $4 million (over 5 years).

The same as Issac Rankine - seems like a fair price.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1006 on: December 20, 2022, 07:08:31 PM »
sensational news!

800k a season - that’s a great deal! Could have got 1mil+ elsewhere I’m sure.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1007 on: December 20, 2022, 07:18:15 PM »
sensational news!

Just reheard it: Mitch Cleary said "more than $4 million". But still not the 1m per year as you say TK he could've got at another club.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1008 on: December 20, 2022, 09:06:31 PM »
sensational news!

Just reheard it: Mitch Cleary said "more than $4 million". But still not the 1m per year as you say TK he could've got at another club.

Bargain if you ask me.

Bloke hasn't peaked yet but I am expecting big things from him in '23. Hopefully he finds the sticks a bit more often. Could be a 50+ goal forward for sure.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1009 on: December 20, 2022, 09:38:35 PM »
sensational news!

Bargain if you ask me.

Bloke hasn't peaked yet but I am expecting big things from him in '23. Hopefully he finds the sticks a bit more often. Could be a 50+ goal forward for sure.

Yup with Taranto and Hopper rekn him and dusty are gonna be loving life.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1010 on: December 21, 2022, 05:40:31 AM »
Bolton’s long-term commitment also thrilled Dylan Grimes, who raved about his teammate’s “phenomenal” progress since being the 29th pick in the 2016 draft.

“We saw glimpses really early on of what he could do, but to see him back that up with some consistency, then obviously grow his game to new heights was special to watch,” Grimes said.

“There were times, I’m sure, that every fan – Richmond or not – [was] appreciating some of the stuff he was doing on-field. He’s come back and is in great nick this year already, so hopefully more of that to come.”

Source: The Age.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1011 on: December 21, 2022, 02:17:23 PM »
Fantastic news!

I would like to have a thread about our players TPPs.

Bolton
Lynch
Tarranto
Hopper
Martin

would all be over $800,000?

Premiership 2023 is the pass mark.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: December 21, 2022, 03:58:43 PM »
Taranto and Hopper I believe are on 700-750 each.

I think vlastuin is on good coin too.

Lynch and Dusty probably 2-2.25mil between them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1013 on: December 21, 2022, 06:01:31 PM »
“HE’D BE WORTH EVERY CENT”: CORNES BACKS STAR TIGER'S LENGTHY CONTRACT EXTENSION

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
21 December 2022

In the past, Kane Cornes has even critical of clubs offering long-term deals for any player but has nothing negative to say about Richmond’s pursuit in locking Bolton away.

He believes whatever the Tigers are paying Bolton will be worth it.

“He was a top-10 player last season with an absolute rocket,” Cornes said on SEN’s Sportsday.

“The five-year deal and all of that, I’d love to know what they’re paying him because I reckon he’d be worth every cent.

“At 24 years of age he just has an incredible future.

“A nightmare matchup for anyone.”

Co-host Gerard Healy agreed with those sentiments, rating Bolton’s 2022 season up there with anyone else in the league.

“A nightmare matchup, he is in the same ilk as (Connor) Rozee,” he said.

“His move into the middle was timely and probably overdue. Ball in hand, forward of centre, he’s a hell of a player coming through.

“He probably had as good a year after about Round 6 as anybody in the comp this year.”

Bolton averaged 17.5 disposals and kicked 43 goals in 2022 which ranked second at the club behind Tom Lynch.

The two-time premiership player has 90 games and 100 goals to his name across his six-season career to date.

Only prized recruits Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper (2029) have longer deals with the Tigers than Bolton.

Cornes named the young Tiger as a candidate to be the best player in the AFL in 2023.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/12/20/hed-be-worth-every-cent-cornes-backs-star-tigers-lengthy-contract-extension/

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1014 on: December 21, 2022, 07:49:39 PM »
Same ilk as Rozee? Personally I think he's streets ahead on the danger scale lol.

Rozee kicked 18 goals to Bolton's 43. He had an extra 5 touches per game but I'd take Bolton's scoreboard pressure any day.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1015 on: December 22, 2022, 02:40:45 AM »
Tigers senior advisor Neil Balme said the club had moved quickly to secure Bolton’s signature, even though he wasn’t out of contract until the end of 2023.

Balme said there were concerns over a potential return home to WA, where Bolton played for South Fremantle before being drafted in 2016.

“We recruit kids from all over Australia,” he said on RSN Radio.

“If you’re from Perth, you’re probably going to want to go back at some stage for a personal point of view.

“It’s a little bit less certain than it was in the old days.

“What would you do if you were the Dockers or the Eagles? (laughs).

“Of course we had to take that (potential lure home) into account. We try very hard to get them to fit, and make the club their home.

“It’s always in the background … if you’re from somewhere else and your focus and family are over there, there’s always drive. And other clubs, as they should, take advantage of that so that was part of it (the new deal), yes.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/what-would-you-do-how-tigers-moved-quickly-to-stop-rival-duo-from-pouncing-on-premiership-star/news-story/589a9027f74036abd4628b989330ae91

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1016 on: December 22, 2022, 11:59:40 PM »
Quote from: dylan
we didn’t forget, praying this guy gets clotheslined round 1

https://twitter.com/delzkiii/status/1605818747272339457

Stay classy Blues fans  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #1017 on: January 02, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »
Bold Bolton's standout year

Take a look back at Shai Bolton's best highlights from the 2022 AFL season.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1259574/bold-bolton-s-standout-year

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1018 on: January 07, 2023, 12:52:03 AM »
I have a question here for every one to ask themselves. Its just a bit of fun but shows how things with a few sliding door moments could work out wrong.

We traded a lot of picks in 2016 to get Prestia Nankervis and Caddy. Im being honest when i say I was against getting Prestia and felt we needed to continue to go to the draft after the abysmal 2016 season, while acknowledging he was the exact type we needed and should always go after if we are to expend high picks on players in trades.. A proven quality player who was not too old at 24. It was  Sort of a foot in both camps for me., really happy we targeted a player of his quality but felt we needed to go to the draft and look more long term..Im glad we did what we did it was probably the biggest reason why we went on to win a flag from nowhere in 2017.

Simply put Nank was a player we needed badly a competetive big ruck who would always give a contest. Caddy well to this day i was against getting him and despite him playing in g/f's i stand by that.

Okay all that dribble aside
Knowing what we know now, Going back to 2016 the question is.  having traded pick 7 to get Dion would you have taken the chance on Bolton still being there at 29. Dion also cost us a 2017 2nd round selection which became Tim Kelly i might throw in. Its just a bit of fun with a few sliding door moments and shows how lucky we were to get Bolton where we did..

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1019 on: January 07, 2023, 09:02:58 PM »
I have a question here for every one to ask themselves. Its just a bit of fun but shows how things with a few sliding door moments could work out wrong.

We traded a lot of picks in 2016 to get Prestia Nankervis and Caddy. Im being honest when i say I was against getting Prestia and felt we needed to continue to go to the draft after the abysmal 2016 season, while acknowledging he was the exact type we needed and should always go after if we are to expend high picks on players in trades.. A proven quality player who was not too old at 24. It was  Sort of a foot in both camps for me., really happy we targeted a player of his quality but felt we needed to go to the draft and look more long term..Im glad we did what we did it was probably the biggest reason why we went on to win a flag from nowhere in 2017.

Simply put Nank was a player we needed badly a competetive big ruck who would always give a contest. Caddy well to this day i was against getting him and despite him playing in g/f's i stand by that.

Okay all that dribble aside
Knowing what we know now, Going back to 2016 the question is.  having traded pick 7 to get Dion would you have taken the chance on Bolton still being there at 29. Dion also cost us a 2017 2nd round selection which became Tim Kelly i might throw in. Its just a bit of fun with a few sliding door moments and shows how lucky we were to get Bolton where we did..

Are you asking if we'd have used 7 on Bolton?