Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 174372 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #870 on: June 16, 2022, 10:40:49 PM »
Didn't like him showing the ball.  At all.

Loved it. EAD Blues fans.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #871 on: June 16, 2022, 11:05:16 PM »
at first i thought lets win first.

now that we did stuff them all

good on him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #872 on: June 16, 2022, 11:57:05 PM »
Was quite the risky move considering his miss in the same situation last week. Luckily for him he kicked the goal this time lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #873 on: June 16, 2022, 11:58:51 PM »
Didn't like it at all, thought it was disgraceful TBH

If the roles were reversed and a Blues player did it to us, most on here would be baying for blood

Kudos to Jack Riewoldt for going up to him straight away and having a word in his ear
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #874 on: June 17, 2022, 12:02:06 AM »
Pretty harsh. Bit of showboating but hardly the end of the world. If oppo did it against us I’d think they were a bit of a flog but hardly would be baying for blood.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #875 on: June 17, 2022, 02:21:06 AM »

If the roles were reversed and a Blues player did it to us, most on here would be baying for blood

Kudos to Jack Riewoldt for going up to him straight away and having a word in his ear

Baying for blood? Hahaha What a load of crap. iIf we lost as they did,  I would be disappointing at our players , and wouldn’t give one poo if someone did that to us. In fact I’m more peeed off at his output lately including last weeks behinds, than this action.

Behind closed doors we wouldnt care that much and nor should we.

What happened at three quarter time? Can we get some context to this.  :shh

Also didn’t some other aboriginal do it recently. Maybe it’s part of their culture so we should respect that.  :lol

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #876 on: June 17, 2022, 06:48:34 AM »

10 years ago no one would have cared less. Nathan Brown did it heaps of times

Shows why the game is so poo now when all the do gooders come for Shai after that

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond coach and players condemn Shai Bolton over his classless fourth quarter taunt

A Richmond’s star showboating exploits have left him on the hot seat with his own club after his coach and teammates called the act out.

James McKern
HeraldSun
June 17, 2022

Shai Bolton has drawn the ire of social media on Thursday night after taunting Carlton’s Sam Docherty on his way to kicking a goal early in the fourth quarter.

As Richmond held a slender lead, the Tigers livewire got on the end of a loose ball and scooted away from Blues defender Docherty.

But before slotting the ball through the big sticks, Bolton extended the ball out in his left arm behind him in the face of Docherty.

The Tigers held on to record the 11.15 (81) to 9.12 (66) victory after the Blues surged in the fourth quarter behind three straight goals to Harry McKay to bring the margin to 9 points.

At the end of the third quarter a scuffle broke out between the playing groups of both teams with Mitch Cleary saying Bolton and Docherty were the last two in the heated exchange.

“Shai Bolton and Sam Docherty were the last two players exchanging words after the 3QT push and shove. Bolton wanted to remind Docherty over something said earlier,” Cleary tweeted.

The showboating didn’t sit well with those watching on and the club was quick to pull the young star into line.

“Yeah look he’s made a mistake, it’s not us – it’s not what we’re about,” Damien Hardwick said post-game.

“He’ll be regretful no question, he’ll be accountable and responsible for it. It’s certainly not part of who he is and part of what we are.

“We’re disappointed, but we’ll work our way through it and support him and you know he’ll learn some lessons from it. It’s not a great look.”

Tigers defender Nathan Broad, on SEN, said he’d already spoken to his teammate about the moment: “I’ve already had a chat to Shai. It’s not a great look. I think he went up and apologised after.”.

Richmond skipper Toby Nankervis said it wasn’t a good look for a club trying to be as humble as they could be: “(Shai’s) a great player & he plays with a lot of flair but I was a bit worried, there was still 15 odd minutes to go, so I wouldn’t be doing that, & I don’t think Shai would have done that if he had his time again,” Nankervis said on ABC Grandstand.

“We want to be a really humble football club that plays footy in the right way and I love the way Shai plays the game, and maybe that overstepped the mark a little bit.”

“Shai Bolton lucky he isn’t playing in the 80s…. Yucky behaviour, deserved of a clip around the ears,” Will Schofield wrote.

“Nice little showboat from Bolton after 13 touches and 450 unforced errors,” Daniel Moor wrote.

Bolton had earlier in the contest taken a mark inside 50 and opted to quickly rush a snap around the body which fell short and resulted in only a behind.

“Reckon when you’ve missed about five sitters in a week you’d want to kick the goal before showing the footy,” Code sports’ Daniel Cherny wrote after the showboating.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/shai-bolton-roasted-over-classless-showboating-before-goal-against-carlton/news-story/9c68a9dc75a3a6206b4bd8cbaee26fa3

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #878 on: June 17, 2022, 07:11:10 AM »
I wouldn’t ignore the trade offers for Bolton. I think he’s a pretty good player but he’s expendable. He’s the cream on the cake kind of player and as a list we might have no cake in a few years. If the offers are right I wouldn’t ignore them.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #879 on: June 17, 2022, 07:31:41 AM »

10 years ago no one would have cared less. Nathan Brown did it heaps of times

Shows why the game is so poo now when all the do gooders come for Shai after that

100%

Belongs in the left vrs right thread. The tears on this one are incredible.

Here is our other aboriginal friend who did it. According to Darcy “you gotta love it”

https://www.afl.com.au/video/514040/ryan-s-cheek-towards-maynard-pays-off?videoId=514040&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1601723074001

Afl site said it was cheek, now it’s disrespect cause we have become a nation of softies esp over the last 2 years.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #880 on: June 17, 2022, 07:53:52 AM »
I wouldn’t ignore the trade offers for Bolton. I think he’s a pretty good player but he’s expendable. He’s the cream on the cake kind of player and as a list we might have no cake in a few years. If the offers are right I wouldn’t ignore them.

No way his had a average 2 weeks besides that always in our best more then cream on the cake player.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #881 on: June 17, 2022, 07:56:36 AM »
Yeah I don't really mind it, stick it up that pooful club and it's supporters
in football terms Hate them......

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #882 on: June 17, 2022, 08:20:30 AM »

Trade away our best young player and one of the few genuine match winners on the list. Great call!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #883 on: June 17, 2022, 08:58:17 AM »

Trade away our best young player and one of the few genuine match winners on the list. Great call!

He isnt cream he is a match winner at his best

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: June 17, 2022, 11:38:03 AM »
His prime will most likely be wasted when we have a steep drop off in a few years unless we find a way to bring lots of young talent in. I don’t want to trade him but if west coast offered 2 first rounders or a player and a first rounder I’d think about it.