Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164316 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #870 on: March 17, 2023, 03:49:17 AM »
Graham's numbers last night:

20 disposals (11k, 9h, 9c, 11u, 70% eff.)
1 mark
9 tackles (1 F50 tackle)
2 clearances
5 inside 50s
4 intercepts
283 metres gained
5 score involvements
2 behinds
3 frees for
2 frees against
88% time on ground

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #871 on: March 18, 2023, 08:13:15 PM »
Of Graham's 9 tackles, five of them came in the last term.

----------------------------------

It was Graham at his pressure-packed best, much to the delight of his coach Damien Hardwick, who commended him on his efforts over the course of the four quarters.

“I thought Jack was terrific,” Hardwick said in his post-match press conference.

“He could have played in our VFL (practice match) last week and the week previous, but we thought we’d get some more training into him.

“I thought he was great tonight with his pressure.

“He probably left a couple of goals on the table that he would normally kick, but with match practice that will come.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1284548/graham-brings-the-heat-on-opening-night

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #872 on: March 19, 2023, 10:45:04 AM »
Agreed. A much better version of a small/medium forward who applies pressure
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #873 on: March 19, 2023, 01:24:15 PM »
Agreed. A much better version of a small/medium forward who applies pressure

Makes the Mansell selection all the more puzzling.

Graham also looked likely to kick a goal or two.

With Graham playing the defensive pressure forward role as well as he did then it should allow Cumberland to come in
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #874 on: March 19, 2023, 07:48:48 PM »
Graham is almost certainly the first players name I would put on the team sheet every week.

Just a heart an soul player. I am so glad he stayed with us and didn’t go back to Adelaide.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #875 on: March 28, 2023, 05:56:47 AM »
100 games for Fridge on Friday night  :clapping.

2017     5 ..... 3 goals in the GF and the flag in his 5th game.
2018   18
2019   16 ..... sacrificed himself playing with a busted shoulder in the Prelim so we could make the Granny and take the flag.
2020   16 ..... top 5 disposal getter for us and equal most contested possies in the 2020 GF.
2021   22
2022   20
2023     3*
------------------------
Total   100 games

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jack_Graham.html

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #876 on: March 28, 2023, 07:25:04 AM »
Very important player so far this season!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #877 on: March 28, 2023, 10:49:40 AM »
Go Fridge !!!!
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #878 on: March 28, 2023, 12:12:49 PM »
Big drop off in out put from last week imo. Thought last week good but just servicable this week.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #879 on: March 28, 2023, 07:46:05 PM »
One of my favourite players. Wish him all the best against the Filth this Friday night.  :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #880 on: March 28, 2023, 08:13:56 PM »
Big drop off in out put from last week imo. Thought last week good but just servicable this week.

Having watched the replay I can see how you would come to that conclusion. Especially looking at the stats

Having been at the game and watched it live I would say your review is wrong but I will not go down the path of explaining why because you will just say I'm wrong etc

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #881 on: March 29, 2023, 08:58:20 AM »
I will Willy.
Craw, you are wrong.
He has and will be a revelation in this role.
Pressure forward who will kick goals - bookmark him for 30 goals this year and a key reason for us keeping the ball locked inside 50.

Craw doesn’t have to admit his wrr wrr wrr wrr wrong to get it wrong!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #882 on: March 29, 2023, 09:54:23 AM »
Can only go by what i see. Then go to the stats to confirm or deny.

In what world is going from 9 tackles to 4 not a drop off.  Goal kicker eh well well just one in two games so far. Not really enough to drop off.
First week he gets a decent amount of ball then drops off by 25% the next. Gets 9 contested balls week 1 and then 5 the next thats a drop off.
He even had a couple of clearances week 1 for a big fat zero this week. 5 I/50's down to 2
I dont have to be at the ground to see he dropped off a cliff and this has always been the complaint with him, does enough one week then goes weeks not doing enough you can sum his career up by it.

Pressure fwd lmao.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #883 on: March 29, 2023, 10:43:17 AM »

In what world is going from 9 tackles to 4 not a drop off.  Goal kicker eh well well just one in two games so far. Not really enough to drop off.
First week he gets a decent amount of ball then drops off by 25% the next. Gets 9 contested balls week 1 and then 5 the next thats a drop off.
He even had a couple of clearances week 1 for a big fat zero this week. 5 I/50's down to 2
I dont have to be at the ground to see he dropped off a cliff and this has always been the complaint with him, does enough one week then goes weeks not doing enough you can sum his career up by it.

Pressure fwd lmao.

Thanks, I rest my case

Sorry mate but as always it is only about what YOU see and then you use the stats to back that up. You never, ever give any credence to what others see

I was at the game and going by what I saw he was good. His 2 way gut running was a stand out.

I could go on about players having a role that ends up not being about their stats (see MRJ) but you will go on about that being crap and the 3 time premiership coach has no idea

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: March 29, 2023, 08:24:51 PM »

Pressure fwd lmao.

Thanks, I rest my case

Sorry mate but as always it is only about what YOU see and then you use the stats to back that up. You never, ever give any credence to what others see

I was at the game and going by what I saw he was good. His 2 way gut running was a stand out.

I could go on about players having a role that ends up not being about their stats (see MRJ) but you will go on about that being crap and the 3 time premiership coach has no idea

As i said in what world is going from good stats to poor stats in just about every area not a drop off.

Yeah your fortunate to bein melbourne and see em live. Big freakin deal. I too see my share of games live.

It never ceases to amaze me the excuses people make for our players.
There is so sos much more to the game than just hard running both ways.The way you carry on and some others you would not know it.

Graham as a small pressure fwd i have heard it all. Just another example of a mature favorite taking games away from highly skilled quick natural fwds. FMD its a production line first Cotchin then Dusty now Graham yet alone Bolton playing there as well.

Theres no room for the kids the oldies are all playing in their roles.
Ryan will be next he too will be blamed for whatever the new bug bear is.

And please dont sit there on your high perch and tell me Hardwick has been a proponent of playing kids and ffs don't tell me he has not got plenty wrong along the way.
Gunna say till the cows come home. He cannot see what is hitting him in the face and thats his blind stupid backing of mature players because he has got too close to em. A fool can see he needs to be looking to regenerate with some kids and not keep going to the vet well.

People do realise to play Ryan you have to give up something, when the stuff are we ever going to get games into young tall fwds?
Only get serious about when Lynch and Riewoldt are retired. when are we going to get a few at least to the point they can compete if Lynch or Riewoldt get hurt. To get em there you have to pay the price. Oh i know lets play Graham there and not play Ryan or Cumberland or whoever you can see it coming  a mile away or something similar.

Thats enough anyway Dont whine at me if you fail to see the obvious weather at the ground or not.