Author Topic: Richmond AFLW team [merged]  (Read 188676 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Richmond to have AFLW team in 2020 [merged]
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »
I think the RFC should get serious about being the SJW of AFL.

Let's have a our women's team completely put together solely with transgender persons to represent tolerance, colour, diversity & inclusiveness and really get this PC bus rolling.  :rollin
 :clapping

Aaaand right on cue...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/act-sport/transgender-act-footballer-hannah-mouncey-to-declare-for-the-aflw-draft-20170915-gyictp.html
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
NORTH Melbourne and Geelong will join an expanded AFLW in 2019, bringing the competition to 10 clubs.

Four other clubs – Gold Coast, West Coast, Richmond and St Kilda – will join the League in 2020.

The Kangaroos and the Cats won a hard-fought battle to join the League next season, fending off applications from six other clubs seeking licences to join the booming competition.

Eight clubs – Essendon, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda and West Coast – applied in June, and presented their bids to an AFL sub-committee in July.

Five of those – the Cats, Kangaroos, Tigers, Saints and Eagles – held provisional licences after their applications to join the AFLW in its inaugural season were knocked back.

The provisional licences meant their applications for this round of expansion received greater weight, as they had now been invested in AFLW for some time.

The announcement of the 2019 expansion was initially slated for last month, but was delayed after the AFL Commission could not reach a decision and asked for further information from the AFL Executive.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-27/afl-set-to-reveal-new-womens-teams-for-2019

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »
Why waste money and resources on a list of ugly, untalented cows that we don't even stuffn need?

Anyone?

Wouldn't we be better served investing in our own list and club ?

The whole concept is gonna be Gawn before the decade and besides,
They look spacially challenged trying to run around out there.

Yuk. 👎💩
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »
darn I missed the inb4 sexist rant

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »
The standard is already so poor, 6 new teams is going to dilute the talent pool even more.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 03:39:25 PM »
The standard is already so poor, 6 new teams is going to dilute the talent pool even more.

Without being sexist .....🍆✊💦 it's totally unsustainable
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
And still no answer from the left
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »
Say and think what you want about the comp etc. but it still boggles me why Richmond wasn't one of the first to get a license. Big Victorian club with a huge sustainable fan base yet have to wait until 2020 to get involved.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
We kind of had one at the time
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
I think the RFC should get serious about being the SJW of AFL.

Let's have a our women's team completely put together solely with transgender persons to represent tolerance, colour, diversity & inclusiveness and really get this PC bus rolling.  :rollin
 :clapping

Aaaand right on cue...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/act-sport/transgender-act-footballer-hannah-mouncey-to-declare-for-the-aflw-draft-20170915-gyictp.html

:lol

Now for the non binary non gender specific persons to start lining up.

I reckon someone should just test the waters here and really see if the AFL (our social conscience) really think it's important to show solidarity and inclusiveness.
I can't wait till a bloke on the fringe of the AFL declares himself non binary pangender with inner femininity and expresses a desire to play AFLW instead. Be guaranteed a MVP and should dominate the competition.
 :clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »
They're turming the rape culture around
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »
How come when you google Afl women, there's no pics of all the overweight, barely fit chicks and only ones of half decent looking ones ??
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39:40 PM »
How come when you google Afl women, there's no pics of all the overweight, barely fit chicks and only ones of half decent looking ones ??

Sarah Perkins? She's carrying a few kgs but from media accounts she is good kick? I haven't watched any AFLW so I wouldn't know. With all that said though I am pro RFC pushing for AFLW as long as the club doesn't detract from the men's team.

Personally I do a lot of soccer and rockclimbing where both sports have good men/women representation and I think it's good for the community for a sport to evolve to take reasonable steps to branch out to both genders.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »

Sarah Perkins? She's carrying a few kgs but from media accounts she is good kick? I haven't watched any AFLW so I wouldn't know. With all that said though I am pro RFC pushing for AFLW as long as the club doesn't detract from the men's team.

Personally I do a lot of soccer and rockclimbing where both sports have good men/women representation and I think it's good for the community for a sport to evolve to take reasonable steps to branch out to both genders.
But what about the non genders? Why are people so non-gender-phobic?  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »
Some absolutely disgusting comments made by some morons on here (talking about all pathetic posts).
If ya don't like any part of the AFLW don't go out of your way to click on a thread just to read about it, then to comment about it, simply don't open it FFS.
That's as stupid as saying you don't like eating beans and then going out to buy some for dinner :banghead
I'm not a huge fan of the AFLW but what you obviously don't realise is that, footy is very much about business and having an AFLW team in the comp means big bucks in many years to come.
Businesses like these don't venture into territory that is doomed to fail, just doesn't happen.

Absolutely stuffing disgusted at the low level of intelligence displayed on this thread.
And the scariest thing about this, is that my daughter is interested in playing AFLW when she gets older. stuffing scary proposition knowing what kind of people are really out there.

Good luck on the women and after reading the poo in here I hope they do well, really well.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.