Author Topic: Changes for Lions game next week?  (Read 7003 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for Lions game next week?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 07:30:09 PM »
Nank had a rest after he got suspended.

Plus we have recently had the bye.

Shouldn't need a rest .
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »
Yes we can rest important players "because it's only Brisbane".....which is probably what Essendon thought a fortnight ago at the same venue.... :shh

.....and why are we playing them at Etihad? stuffing AFL....

weeks ago I looked ahead at the fixture and thought, crap this is a danger game against Brisbane. As we have a great record against them gabba/mcg and thought a match at Etihad might mark a bad omen.

After our loss to the saints last week though, if we lose this too well f uc.k.. Hand me the keys i'll drive the manure truck to punt rd myself and do a few wheelies on the oval too

lol going by the coaches comments about never winning big and never losing big, which has again been shown to be nonsense  every game is a danger game.This is where we have got to after 8 whole freakin yrs under this charlatan.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2017, 04:13:42 AM »
In the Mix - Eound 17

Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
12 July 2017

While a small forward line has been exciting, the time might have come to bring a second tall in to support Jack Riewoldt.

Todd Elton was solid in his VFL return from a shoulder injury, taking eight marks and kicking two goals, and he appears to be the best option while Ben Griffiths returns from concussion through the VFL.

Nick Vlastuin is also available after another VFL hit-out and could be called on to fill a defensive role. After being beaten in clearances and contested possessions against St Kilda, the Tigers could finally turn to Anthony Miles, who was a held-over emergency in round 16 and has a good body of VFL form behind him.

Richmond has two in-form options in defence if they need to replace Dylan Grimes, with Nathan Broad (22 possessions and eight marks in the VFL) and Jake Batchelor (18 and six rebound 50s) pushing. Ben Lennon (hamstring) faces a fitness test after three weeks' sidelined.

www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-11/in-the-mix-whos-in-the-selection-frame-for-round-17

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:09 AM »
Definitely need Vlastuin and Miles to come in. Would drop Hunt and Prestia. If Grimes ruled out would bring in Broad. Would bring in Bolton and rest one of the other small forwards.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
Definitely need Vlastuin and Miles to come in. Would drop Hunt and Prestia. If Grimes ruled out would bring in Broad. Would bring in Bolton and rest one of the other small forwards.

Change Broad with Batch and I'm on board :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 04:18:50 PM »
RICHMOND could swing the selection axe after its dismal effort against St Kilda, with Anthony Miles at the front of the queue after after weeks of brilliant VFL form.

Dylan Grimes faces a late fitness test after he was concussed by a flying Tim Membrey forearm. If he’s not passed fit, mature-age recruit Nathan Broad is in the frame to replace him.

Todd Elton will also come under strong consideration after taking eight marks in the VFL last weekend, while Ben Griffiths could make a long-awaited return to football.

“He needs to get through this week, but the signs are looking very promising at this stage,” footy manager Neil Balme said.

“We have taken a conservative approach with Ben, given his history with concussion, and his welfare has always been paramount. The club’s medical staff have done a great job managing him.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/who-will-be-in-and-out-when-afl-teams-are-named-for-round-17/news-story/5e860b1cf3eb24add690246d6c3d3b53

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 04:26:46 PM »
Would love to see Broad in. Even if grimes plays he can go through the midfield and at 192cm can provide a second tall option in the fwd line.

Really looking fwd to Graham getting a game too.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
Would love to see Broad in. Even if grimes plays he can go through the midfield and at 192cm can provide a second tall option in the fwd line.

Has Broad played as a mid in his 2 years at the Tigers? Looks like he is at least fighting for another contract and is looking good. I will keep an eye on him this week in the VFL if he doesnt get a call up.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 04:39:40 PM »

Has Broad played as a mid in his 2 years at the Tigers? Looks like he is at least fighting for another contract and is looking good. I will keep an eye on him this week in the VFL if he doesnt get a call up.

Apparently he has been rotating through there with positive results.

I'll tell you what, I know he's on the rookie list but Moore looked bloody impressive in the highlights vs Casey. One grab hands almost unstoppable in the air. Bloody quick and confident. Long kick too. 193cm.

We could do a lot worse than play him vs Brisbane on HFF/CHF
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
Ch 7 news said Grimes only ran laps today at training and is in doubt to play on Sunday.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 08:43:37 PM »
Ch 7 news said Grimes only ran laps today at training and is in doubt to play on Sunday.

At the player sponsor dinner last night his cheekbone was still swollen
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »

Apparently he has been rotating through there with positive results.

I'll tell you what, I know he's on the rookie list but Moore looked bloody impressive in the highlights vs Casey. One grab hands almost unstoppable in the air. Bloody quick and confident. Long kick too. 193cm.

We could do a lot worse than play him vs Brisbane on HFF/CHF

He did look good and is exactly what we currently lack, a fast marking tall mobile forward. I'm not against it!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 11:22:55 PM »
So, does Towner get another go in your eyes fellas? I reckon he does, after Miles. Been consistently good this year, still young and apparently we reward good form in the VFL. Still lots of doubts he'll make it but bugger it, he'll offer more than Prestia, Edwards and Caddy ATM plus the rest

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
So, does Towner get another go in your eyes fellas? I reckon he does, after Miles. Been consistently good this year, still young and apparently we reward good form in the VFL. Still lots of doubts he'll make it but bugger it, he'll offer more than Prestia, Edwards and Caddy ATM plus the rest

At least he won't squib it like about half a dozen currently in this side