Author Topic: Changes for Lions game next week?  (Read 7002 times)

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for Lions game next week?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
Rioli must be rested or dropped.

He needs to reset.

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »
Miles for Prestia
Vlastuin for Hunt
Bolton for Rioli/Stengle
Elton for Lloyd

Give Graham another 2-3 weeks in the vfl to get match hardened and bring him in

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »
What I would do

Outs- Grigg, Rioli, Hunt, Lloyd, BEllis

Ins- Vlastuin, Miles, Marcov, Bolton, Elton

We cannot go into another game with only Grigg as our help for Nank. It was embarrassing last night.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 07:31:15 PM »
We need contested ball winners (Vlas, Miles and Townsend) and another tall which unfortunately means Elton at this stage. We need a better structure.

Then I'd go Maric, plonk him in the goal square

Can't go back to Elton, sadly no competitive
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 08:18:22 PM »
Out: Grimes (inj). Lloyd, Hunt, Castagna, Rioli
In.  Miles, Bolton, Vlastuin, Graham, Lennon if fit
Agree, I don't think Townsend will get another AFL game, mind you, I thought the same about Hunt.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:21:13 PM »
IN:
Vlastuin, Bolton, Elton, Miles

OUT:
Hunt, Castanga, Menadue, McIntosh

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »
We need contested ball winners (Vlas, Miles and Townsend) and another tall which unfortunately means Elton at this stage. We need a better structure.

Why not play Soldo in the ruck and plonk Nankervis fwd  if that is the case.
If Grimes is fit would look to play one of Garthwaite or Moore as the genuine third tall option.If Grimes is injured play Garthwaite back but still go with Moore fwd.

Structure Would go like this

B: ##### - Astbury - Grimes/Garthwaite
HB: #### - Rance - #####

HF: #### - Riewoldt - #####
FF: #### - Nankervis - Moore/Garthwaite

R Soldo

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 06:13:30 PM »
The Barometer - Round 17

Herald-Sun
10 July 2017

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: A lot of credits which had been built up over recent weeks may be wiped out by Damien Hardwick given how insipid a number of his players were against the Saints. Taylor Hunt’s career at Punt Rd is over with his return to the senior side a forgettable one. Youngster Tyson Stengle didn’t have a great second game of his career while Connor Menadue also struggled. Dylan Grimes is in doubt after appearing to suffer a cheekbone injury following a late hit by St Kilda’s Tim Membrey.

ON THE CUSP:
Nick Vlastuin was talked about last week by Hardwick and he would be the perfect replacement for Grimes. Shai Bolton was surprisingly left out in favour of Stengle but will definitely return. Oleg Markov was dropped for Hunt and will be in contention while it might be time to reward Anthony Miles’ excellent work in the VFL.

SCOTT GULLAN’S FORECAST: Richmond were horrible and smelt of a team believing their own publicity. Hardwick should turn over three or four just to send a message with Vlastuin, Bolton, Markov and Miles the likely inclusions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-injury-list-whos-hot-and-whos-hurt-after-round-16/news-story/f3ee7332de3ff1a2cdf124ad2935b350

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 08:32:14 PM »
:lol
George's kicking was putrid last night but he is an easy target.

It's every damn week and it's just not getting better. Oh and before you say something about Rioi, I think he should be dropped too. He's had his chances.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 09:04:03 PM »

Why not play Soldo in the ruck and plonk Nankervis fwd  if that is the case.
If Grimes is fit would look to play one of Garthwaite or Moore as the genuine third tall option.If Grimes is injured play Garthwaite back but still go with Moore fwd.

Structure Would go like this

B: ##### - Astbury - Grimes/Garthwaite
HB: #### - Rance - #####

HF: #### - Riewoldt - #####
FF: #### - Nankervis - Moore/Garthwaite

R Soldo

I agree that Soldo could come in and Nankervis played out of the square to provide a target. We need a better structure so this could work. Bring in young Moore to play HFF as well. This would change our structure for the better and provide targets whilst helping Jack.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 10:21:26 PM »
:lol
George's kicking was putrid last night but he is an easy target.

It's every damn week and it's just not getting better. Oh and before you say something about Rioi, I think he should be dropped too. He's had his chances.
I reckon his kicking has gotten worse over the last few weeks. He is lacking in confidence. He just needs to work really hard at it as imo he has AFL qualities.
Rioli just needs a couple of weeks in the twos to get back some confidence too.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 12:41:34 PM »
If only we had a midfielder that was in the VFL who could win some contested football.... oh.

Lloyd, Butler, Rioli, Castagna are consistently our lowest ranked players. I can't see how 4 forwards being the lowest ranked can be successful long term. Some need a rest, I'd love to see Lennon get the chances Castagna has been given..
Both Miles and Townsend have been amongst the best players in the VFL over a number of weeks, as has Lennon.
One would have thought they had all done enough to deserve a game ahead of players like Edwards, Caddy, Lloyd, Rioli, Castagna and Butler.

Becoming a crowded field for the Shane Tuck medal this year.

Oh well with the relative success this year we will see Hardwick complete his final contract year in 2018.
With the situation normal (SNAFU) those players in the VFL will probably get delisted and that will solve that problem of players too good for VFL.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 02:25:13 PM »
Thought Nank looked really tired last week.

Id consider giving him a week off, play the two Ivan's with it being a send off for Maric.

When they aren't in the ruck they play fwd and focus on just creating a contest and bringing the ball to the ground.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »
Yes we can rest important players "because it's only Brisbane".....which is probably what Essendon thought a fortnight ago at the same venue.... :shh

.....and why are we playing them at Etihad? stuffing AFL....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »
Yes we can rest important players "because it's only Brisbane".....which is probably what Essendon thought a fortnight ago at the same venue.... :shh

.....and why are we playing them at Etihad? stuffing AFL....

weeks ago I looked ahead at the fixture and thought, crap this is a danger game against Brisbane. As we have a great record against them gabba/mcg and thought a match at Etihad might mark a bad omen.

After our loss to the saints last week though, if we lose this too well f uc.k.. Hand me the keys i'll drive the manure truck to punt rd myself and do a few wheelies on the oval too
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S