Author Topic: Tigers in chase for Geelong free agent Steven Motlop ... (SportingNews)  (Read 1895 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
North joins Tigers in chase for Steven Motlop

Mick Stirling
SportingNews.com.au
14 July 2017

New reports have come out that Richmond is once again after Geelong forward Steven Motlop, and have been joined in the chase by North Melbourne.

Motlop will be a free agent at season’s end and is still a long way from re-negotiating an extension with the Cats.

The Tigers were into getting the 26-year-old to Punt Road at the end of last year and he was almost part of a trade for Brett Deledio, but the clubs couldn’t agree on the finer details. Richmond finished up snaring Josh Caddy from the Cattery for a second-round pick.

“(Geelong) are a long way away from a deal, my understanding is contract negotiations have barely started,” Mitch Cleary reported on Sportsday Radio.

“Both North Melbourne and Richmond have flagged an interest in Steven Motlop, and it centres around if Richmond were to lose Dustin Martin it would free up the chance to get Motlop through the door.

“North Melbourne, if they were to lose the race for Martin and/or Josh Kelly, it would potentially open up a chance for Motlop to enter Arden Street.”

However, it’s appearing more like Martin will stay at Tigerland on a deal that will restrict what Richmond can spend on available free agents, leaving the Roos a clear run at the Cats forward if they fail to secure another big name.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/north-joins-tigers-in-chase-for-steven-motlop-melbourne-afl-richmond-geelong-cats-kangaroos-roos/1pcyhrb9wjl7y10cjhmurlffc6

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Yes he certainly meets our desperate need for a fat, lazy half forward flanker...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Ffs

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
When I saw this I thought it was the thread from last year. It was NO then and its a NO now.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
I'm out.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
#insurance
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Let's hope he comes cheap with a set of steak knives as we could use some at the annual dinner.  He might be good for a comedy routine too as long as he's not on the footy field at the time.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm out.

You really believe this rag?

And you complain that morons run the club
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Can't possibly be true surely they see the gaping holes in the list gaping holes that some have been pointing out for yrs.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
IF this is true then our club is even more stupid than I already think they are.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
So we have Butler, Rioli, Stengle, Bolton, Lennon, Edwards, LLoydCastagna Fmd how many small fwds do they want.He is the last type of player we should be targeting.

Personally id be moving in trade or delisting Edwards, Lloyd, Castagna, Lennon yep id be getting rid of small fwds rather than bringing more in.

If they arent focusing on
KPF"S , KPD'S,  big inside and classy outside mids ,  a ruckman and possibly a ruck/fwd then they just are not learning.

We really do need the following
4 kpd's we have two Rance and Astbury. 2 needed.
4 Kpf's we have one Riewoldt. I dont include Griffiths or Elton because they are no where near good enough and should be cut if we had anywhere near the numbers. We need an overhaul 3 Needed.
3 Ruckman We have Nankervis and Soldo who is still very much a junior and a development project. I dont include Maric or hampson both have to go. 1 needed.
2  ruck/fwd We have Chol a junior who knows he may make it he may not but you still need another on the list anyway. 1 needed.
2 third tall fwd we have Moore a junior we need another. 1 needed.

We dont need
Third tall defenders we have Grimes, Garthwaite, Broad who may not be good enough and McIntosh. you really only need two on your list maybe three depending.

In pure numbers thats 16/17  Kpps third tall and ruck, r/fwd.

If we are serious about list management and particularly development and succession planning and we want good depth in these areas we really do need these types of numbers.

We have to know exactly what numbers are needed and are adequate you then go and find the quality.Atm the club has nfi about needed numbers or what sort of quality and depth  they have in these areas.

We need MIDS another 4 or 5 the numbers and over all quality of the ones we do have is seriously poor.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Achieve all that and we'll have the perfect list, far superior to anything ever seen :clapping