Author Topic: Slow, Incompetent & Dumb  (Read 6061 times)

PuntRdRoar

Slow, Incompetent & Dumb
« on: February 25, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »
sums up the match against the hawks.

We started our rebuild 12 months before Hawthorn. Today we were beaten and we deserve to be beaten by a side who is atleast 3 years ahead of us in rebuilding. Today we were slow, incompetent and dumb. There can be no other dumber football team in the league than ours. All Richmond supporters deserve to be seething tonight. The supporters have had the wool pulled over there eyes by the administration and their feel good story pooh.

Pattison- Slow. Wont make it!

Foley- Slow. Wont make it!

Roach- Doesnt understand the game- Wont make it!

Rodan- Makes stupid decisions- Doesnt understand the game- Wont make it!

Howat- Waste of a Rookie Selection- Wont make it!

Jackson- Times now officially running out- Odds are he- Wont make it!

White- Good Goal, Clinical Finish- Will be ok

P.Bowden- Squad player at best. If we want Premierships with players like Patrick- We'll be waiting a long time!

J.Bowden- Should spend next 12 weeks back at Coburg. Disgraceful today!

Raines- Improving, Raines will be a player- Will make it!

Hartigan- Will make it- but tries to do to much, needs to make better decisions

Krakouer- Doesnt get the footy enough. Doesnt make enough impact!

Hyde- Squad player at best- tries hard, many others who are worse! Respect his efforts.

Stafford- Game has gone past Staff. Should retire today and save club some money!

Tuck- Diabolical 1st half, Outstanding 2nd half. Hes ok!

Deledio- Superstar - the only one we got!

Tambling- Lost the Mo. Looks like a footballer, Did good things today- thank god for Del and him.

Newman, Humm, Johnson all relatively good games.

Overall summation. Bottom 3 finish ahead. Rabble!

Ox

Re: Slow, Incompetent & Dumb
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:23:09 PM »
LMAO@ Bowden boys.

Joel is a girl,no doubt.
Hears footsteps and sihts himself -STIL
Couldn't believe he droppped that mark todayL
Reminded ne of the collonwood game.
I hate him.
That gutless streak in him runs deep.

Patrick - i agree with all u said Ramps.

Premiership players-ha.

It gave a good indication of what the kids are up to.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »
roflmao!

New year, same ole shiite.

Not that it was unexpeted though. We still have a LONG way to go.

3/4 of our list needs to go.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Deledio is atleast 3 grades above any of our other young blokes. Raines is very good I reckon- im impressed with his effort today. Tambling gives us hope. White, Hartigan, Meyer and Schulz sees out the group. We gotta hope like the blazers that Oakley Nicholls, Hughes and Casserley add to the group...coz from what i could see today...after 3 national drafts and 3 pre season drafts and 3 rookie drafts of rebuilding...our youth policy has found a maximum no. of 6 to 7 players with the capacity to go to 9 if all of the last batch make it.

PS- Any of you guys see Clark last night. Wood at Brissy as well. taking Patterson instead of Wood is a mistake. Lets hope Clark doesnt embarrass us he started well last night.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:37:07 PM by RampagingTiger »

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 08:05:58 PM »
 some harsh criticisms there
 have patience,  some recent posts may have been generous in their praise but hell its only february preseason ( look at Carlton last year do we want to mirror that???)
sure Terry wont be to impressed but now we have a yardstick more training , better decision making, more support for team mates,  not going to happen over nite and definitley need some seniors to lead but 10 wins last year and 14+ this season is not unrealistic
hawks needed to make a statement today unfortunatley not many tiger fans heard ours
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 08:37:45 PM »
Cant disagree with any comments made by Ramps, Ox and John

In a word it was "Terrible" and that is being nice.

Sitting with MJS and Moi, we couldnt believe how bad we were.

Still it is early and i will reserve judgement until around Rds 6-10, but it aint looking good.

Shame you couldnt make it Ox. Besides watching a rabble it was a good day.

Moi

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 08:46:42 PM »
First hit out for the year - gotta expect a bit of crap and we got it.
Good to see Matt White do a few things and Rainsey wasn't disgraced.
Terrible day all over - started out with straight hair and end up with frizz lol - that's how bad a day it was  :rollin
And nice of you boys to ask me to dinner and i starve myself all day and when we get there, oh, i don't feel like eating  :banghead
 :wallywink

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 08:49:45 PM »
That 1st half was disgraceful. I think you can add soft to the title of this thread Ramps. Hawks wanted it more. We tried to turn it on in the second half but it was too late.

For some bizarre reason in that first half we were running back into traffic or away from free teammates on the fat side ???. We also tried to play on at all times even if it was the wrong time to do it. We'd just run ourselves into trouble with overuse of handball and gifted Hawthorn goals thorugh turnovers. We lost the match rather than they won it.

I can handle skill errors at this time of year but poor decision making is unforgiveable especially when the right option is bleedingly obvious.

We just didn't work for each other today. The Hawks were setting-up well while we weren't. The pressure is applied and all the things we practice at training go out the window. How many teammates ran alongside the ballcarrier!

We need to badly work on going inside 50. Hawks were flooding and we couldn't counter it. We were also too Richo conscious apart from a couple of Lids, Tambo, Staff and Paddy marks. When Richo is having an off day we fall down up forward.

Why didn't Joel go for the supergoal that would have won us the game?  It was a good pass to Richo but he marked it in the pocket. Plus Richo was having a shocker in front of goal. The kick travelled further than had Joel gone for goal.

Roachy will play out his career at Coburg. If it was a H/A game he would not have been kept on Williams for the whole game.

Krak had an absolute shocker. Hardly touched the ball.

Positives were Schulz gave Franklin and Roughead a bath. Smartest Tiger out there. Rainesy was very good. Sugar, Tuck (second half) and Lids stood up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 08:55:58 PM »
That 1st half was disgraceful. I think you can add soft to the title of this thread Ramps. Hawks wanted it more.

I had gutless in the title thread but after i settled down after like 10 minutes i came back and deleted the reference coz whilst i saw things today that i hate seeing on a football field i subscribe to that old saying about the issue of courage and that is

"that those on the field of battle...owe no explanation to those on the other side of the fence"

since i have never played AFL i do not want to question players courage or whether they are soft. I simply take my right to have my opinion on their abilities as to whether or not they are good footballers...and thats what i did in the first post.

I hope that explains why the word Soft is missing.

Bulluss

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 09:22:31 PM »
And nice of you boys to ask me to dinner and i starve myself all day and when we get there, oh, i don't feel like eating 

We spent all day with you, how much more could we take  :P :P :P

I think MJS may have had a better offer  :shh

Or maybe he was going for his full body wax :D :D  :shh

Jackstar

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 10:06:03 PM »
MJS and body wax in same sentence :chuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 10:17:47 PM »
That 1st half was disgraceful. I think you can add soft to the title of this thread Ramps. Hawks wanted it more.

I had gutless in the title thread but after i settled down after like 10 minutes i came back and deleted the reference coz whilst i saw things today that i hate seeing on a football field i subscribe to that old saying about the issue of courage and that is

"that those on the field of battle...owe no explanation to those on the other side of the fence"

since i have never played AFL i do not want to question players courage or whether they are soft. I simply take my right to have my opinion on their abilities as to whether or not they are good footballers...and thats what i did in the first post.

I hope that explains why the word Soft is missing.

No worries Ramps. I would never question their courage. There were just instances in the first half where our blokes didn't go nowhere hard enough at the ball or we're ball-watching expecting someone else to make the contest or win the footy. A number of times we outnumbered Hawthorn at the fall of the ball but a Hawk would come away with the footy all too easily. We just didn't apply any pressure in the first half.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

blx

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 11:38:35 PM »
panick buttons then is it? Pfft. The thread title certainly suggest so.

we played Febuary footy. We looked like we were trying to do the carry and run thing (Its gonna be special when we finally get it right) but alas it never happened tonight.

no injuries and we came close, im easy to please at this stage. no panick button required.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 01:32:44 AM »
Geez Geez , whats going on here.
was i the only person who left the game that can see the light!

yes we lost, les we played bad, under normal rules we would have lost by 7pts not ten. we also had 2 posters and easy misses.

why did we play bad, cos at this stage of the yr we are behind in match practice and fitness compared to last, terry has said this many times

we lost to a hopeless team that was close to full strength, we had as terry stated 8-11 blokes who could walk into our team atm.

even though the game was shocking, the cats and blues was the benny hill show!!!!!!

we saw schulz  kick butt in defense, raines play well and showed a bit
we saw tuuck newman and hyyde carry on from last yr
we saw that lids, is gonna make alot of us cream our pants this year and in future lol
we saw krak in the last q show us he can make it in the middle , and in the 3rd q, took guerra out of teh game
we saw bling show some good signs
simmonds looked mores  agile and quicker and his second half was fantastic

yes we played bad, we lost by 10, and made 1000 more mistakes that the hawks!!! with 3 more praccy matches to come , this will fine tune , dont worry, terry knows this, he is not worried and nor am i

come on guys have a lil faith

btw , was at the corporate function in the accolade room! fantastic  :clapping :cheers

the tiger babes are something else 4 all u blokes and ladies that love ladies lol

$150 got u entry, footy records worth 7bux, all u can eat , all u can drink, beer, wine, sparkly, spirits and soft drink. i stuffed my face , had 15 bacardis and coke, and 5 vodkas . bar was open 4 all the game, pasta and other foods served , tell ya what i got smashed ,

but

not smashed  enough to notice that we had some real positives in the game  and also

i would like to add, rodan will never be anything special, nor will hall, nor will hartigan!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 03:13:26 AM »
We still don't understand the fundumental concept of the run and carry game plan.  Or is Terry not teaching them right?  Some of our players try to "run and carry" the thing, but it's usually on their own without teamates running to offer support in the way of a handball receive or shepherd.  Too many times a single tiger will take off, reach a dead end only to see no-one supporting.  He then turns sideways or backwards and handballs it to a stationary teamate, who then without any momentum has no-where to go.  Without the adequate support from the non-ball carriers you might aswell not even try to run and carry the friggin thing.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?