Author Topic: Slow, Incompetent & Dumb  (Read 6068 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Slow, Incompetent & Dumb
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 06:16:02 AM »
We still don't understand the fundumental concept of the run and carry game plan.  Or is Terry not teaching them right? 

Not the latter Harry. There have been a numer of drills at training over preseason where they are organised to run in threes supporting the ball carrier. It's a case of under game pressure against real opposition that most of what they have learnt gets thrown out the window. That's why I still reckon the probables vs possibles game the week before is a waste of time and we would be better off evening the intra-club teams.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »
X,

You must have been smashed if you can praise Krak and put down Rodan.

Atleast Rodan had a crack and put himself in time and time again to try and win the footy.

And on Hartigan, i think he got more possesions yesterday than Krak got all last year. Sure he did turn it over a bit, but atleast he got it and was prepared to try and create something.

I admit that when Krak gets the ball he is good with it, he shot out some good handballs and that pass in the last qtr to Richo was fantastic. I just dont think it happens enough.

That's my opinion anyway.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 08:38:09 AM »
X,

You must have been smashed if you can praise Krak and put down Rodan.

Atleast Rodan had a crack and put himself in time and time again to try and win the footy.

And on Hartigan, i think he got more possesions yesterday than Krak got all last year. Sure he did turn it over a bit, but atleast he got it and was prepared to try and create something.

I admit that when Krak gets the ball he is good with it, he shot out some good handballs and that pass in the last qtr to Richo was fantastic. I just dont think it happens enough.

That's my opinion anyway.

not that smashed. krak put huis body in many times and all u guys who think he is weak think again.
now when  all u guys think krak was missing, he was fullfilling other roles (as in the 3rd q, where he kept guerra,who was murdering us , out of the game)  no one knows what role each player has at during the game, but i spoke to some of the coburg boys and even they were aware of it.

now about rodan!

lets get this str8, yes he gets the ball, but whats the point when u have no idea what to do with it, when to pass it, and when to handball it, he is a selfish show pony and should be playing with the hawks!
we dont need players like him, sure he gets the ball , breaks the 1st line, fantastic, and then decides to zig zab all over the place, get himself into trouble and miss the lead up ahead. jackson, richo, staff, paddy must wanna punch the lil rodants head off after the game.
terry wants teh run and carry game plan, but he just goes too far, as does hartigan, and this shows they are both as dumb as dog poo!

the game turned 4 us whn krak and bling were in the middle, not when rodan was on his adventure 4 a one man show. krak put his body in, may not have had many possessions, but bloody hell he hit a target with every one.

honestly , i would rather tivendale in our team over rodant.

AMOUNT OF POSSESSIONS DONT MATTER, QUALITY WILL ALWAYS OUT WEIGH QUANTITY.

PS HOW MANY TURN OVERS DID RODAN CAUSE
PS HOW MANY SCORING FWD THRUSTS DID RODAN DESTROY
PS HOW MANY DID KRAK!

thats just my opinion, and the opinion of some of the coburg boys i was sitting with

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »

btw , was at the corporate function in the accolade room! fantastic  :clapping :cheers

the tiger babes are something else 4 all u blokes and ladies that love ladies lol

$150 got u entry, footy records worth 7bux, all u can eat , all u can drink, beer, wine, sparkly, spirits and soft drink. i stuffed my face , had 15 bacardis and coke, and 5 vodkas . bar was open 4 all the game, pasta and other foods served , tell ya what i got smashed ,

but

not smashed  enough to notice that we had some real positives in the game  and also

i would like to add, rodan will never be anything special, nor will hall, nor will hartigan!

forgot to mention

gary marchs wife beverley, a ver tidy lady  ;) and gr8 to talk to!

o'connor told me b4 teh game, watch out 4 schilz this yr, he is ready and going to be fantastic in defense for us.

nb: the bar was still open after the game, thats when i drank my sorrows away, but my senses were all with me through the game

Moi

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 08:47:57 AM »
no injuries and we came close, im easy to please at this stage. no panick button required.
Quote of the day - agree entirely  :thumbsup
Having said that, all that friggin' handball drove me insane today  :banghead
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:08:27 AM by Moi »

Bulluss

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 09:38:32 AM »
X,

i dont disagree about your comments re: Rodan and Hartigan.

I dont disagree with your comments about krak and tambo turning the game for us.

Tuck was the one who got things happening.

Anyway, it is only early and there is a long way to go.

I have by no means written us off for the year. i will reserve judgement until atleast rd 10

Moi

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 09:53:53 AM »
Keep in mind folks that if we had been a lot more accurate at goal we would have won it.
Not only Richo, Tambling, White et al sprayed a few as well.
They still played like crap, but they generally do when it's their first hit out - and that was their first hit out.
The poss v probables match last week ccould not have prepared them for the increased intensity of a match against an opposition who wanted to win like the Hawks did yesterday.
Sick of the club being written off after five minutes - when will we ever learn to put some faith in them and support

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »
My criticisms of yesterday was not based only on the result, but more on where our youngsters stand in comparison to Hawthorn. Hawks still have Dowler, Ellis, Bailey, Muston and Tuck and maybe some others I dont know about to come in and develop. All those young guys had  good junior careers. On the other hand, atleast half of our young blokes showed there not going to make it and 2 of 3 most recent National draftees are suffering injury. Weve fallen behind the dawks big time in redeveloping the team!

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »
No doubt the hawks younger players are better than ours but that is to be expected when they have had more early picks..

Doesn't help also that we have only just appointed a full time recruiting officer after getting rid of Beck..

Up to you now Mr Jackson...

Moi

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 11:00:52 AM »
And they achieved that by coming last for the last couple of seasons.
Something to be admired  ::)
How in the hell you can rate a team that was made up of youngsters yesterday with about 10 senior players missing is beyond me, and come to the conclusion we are stuffed after one practice match.
It's just as delusional as Hawks supporters saying they're going to win a flag.
Get a grip  :(

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 11:15:34 AM »
We also have guys like thursfield , polo , meyer , mcguane not in the side so along with the new guys to come in our young player stocks are better than
yesterday indicated..

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »
Outside of Meyer Im not sure any of the others are gonna become 150 game players in AFL footy!

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »
Thats fair enough , none of them are anything near certainties but from what i have seen hey all have talent
and are capable of making it..

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 11:36:29 AM »
come to the conclusion we are stuffed after one practice match.

Problem is Moi when your Richmond and youve had 25 years of crap to watch and you need a good start to the season yesterdays performance was woeful. They may not care down at Punt Rd, but knowing I supporters I can tell you that because of yesterday we probably just blew 3 or 4000 memberships down the dunny! Not because we lost, but because theres a realisation that again we're falling behind on getting the team right for the future. Hope never dies...but at Punt Rd...hope is in short supply at the moment!

Moi

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »
come to the conclusion we are stuffed after one practice match.

Problem is Moi when your Richmond and youve had 25 years of crap to watch and you need a good start to the season yesterdays performance was woeful. They may not care down at Punt Rd, but knowing I supporters I can tell you that because of yesterday we probably just blew 3 or 4000 memberships down the dunny! Not because we lost, but because theres a realisation that again we're falling behind on getting the team right for the future. Hope never dies...but at Punt Rd...hope is in short supply at the moment!
That is all very true, but why give yourself an ulcer over one game, and how you can write off players based on one performance is beyond me.  The negative comments coming from ppl like yourself is more likely to turn ppl off joining than one performance.

In reality, we're probably going to go backwards in the next couple of years - that's pretty negative i know, but it's looking at it by how I see our list.  We have an ageing list at one end and youth at the other end.  No middle depth.  Legacy of Frawley recruiting hacks who couldn't make it at other clubs.  It's going to take a few years yet to repair that damage, so i don't have high hopes of winning premierships - playing finals this year is my ultimate goal.

If supporters won't join because of one game, stuff 'em.