Author Topic: My Weekend  (Read 2158 times)

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
My Weekend
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
Not really minding if we won/lost, was just looking forward to seeing a few of the new guys the team and being back at the footy.

Friday Night watched game 1 of the Tigers v Kings as had tickets to Game 2 - Good match TIGERS WON yay ... watched a little bit of essendon brissie, but really couldn't give much of a stuff about other teams these days.

Saturday morning watched boy in last round of under 12 cricket - They won and finished 2nd - Another victory - YAY Finals next week.

Saturady Arvo - Bit of a rest then of to the FOOTY to see the mighty TIGERS YAY - Well that was what I thought - Boring game - I said I didn't really care win/lose BUT fair dinkum I didn't expect to see ring a rosie again. And the umpires/rule comittee are killing the once great game I knew as football - Just Ridiculous - I have to ask myself is that passionthat has burnt for so long finally starting to dim - I am afraid it might be.

Sunday - easy day and off to the Basketball GRAND FINAL to see the TIGERS - I for one aint a big basketball fan, and have not been to a game all year, but fair dinkum that was fukcen great fun. Had a ball and my mate said You wern't this loud at the footy, too which I could only shug.

ALL in ALL the lowlight - BY A LONG WAY of the weekend was the footy .... I LOVE the TIGERS and allways will, and still have hope as allways for the season ahead and will be shouting myself hoarse.

BUT THE UMPIRES AND THE RULES COMMITTEE ARE KILLING THE GAME I ONCE LOVED AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT  :'(

Moi

Re: My Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 09:55:35 AM »
My weekend started off with an invite to watch a bush band up in the sticks.  Not being much into that stuff, it wasn't hard to refuse lol.  Instead spent the night playing games on my puter.  Don't tell my daughter okay  ;)

Thought i'd have a sleep in, and woke at 6.30 am  :( then went to the footy and met up with Bully and MJS to check out the Tiges' progress, have a drink and the promise of dinner.  A promise is all i got lol.  Was supposed to meet up with Ox as well, but I had a bet with myself that he wouldn't show - I won the bet  :thumbsup  The game was a pretty scrappy affair with both teams displaying the skills of something you'd rather not see again.  Went over to Richo's bar, where we caught up with Jackstar, had some Greek dips and left about an hour later.

Got home and went straight to sleep for 11 hours lol.  Did eff all yesterday - was wonderful.  Watched a bit of the footy - the Saints/Pies game was a great one and just watched the end of that.  Couldn't get interested in any of the other games.  Some friends dropped in to catch up for about an hour and that was about it.  Not much of a weekend, but one i prefer these days  :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »
BUT fair dinkum I didn't expect to see ring a rosie again. And the umpires/rule comittee are killing the once great game I knew as football - Just Ridiculous - I have to ask myself is that passionthat has burnt for so long finally starting to dim - I am afraid it might be.

ALL in ALL the lowlight - BY A LONG WAY of the weekend was the footy .... I LOVE the TIGERS and allways will, and still have hope as allways for the season ahead and will be shouting myself hobehind.

BUT THE UMPIRES AND THE RULES COMMITTEE ARE KILLING THE GAME I ONCE LOVED AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT  :'(

At least you got to enjoy most of your weekend CUB.

I’m as frustrated with our game as you are and I’ve written page after page about it and none of it makes any difference.  Sometimes I think it’s just habit that keeps me following the game, otherwise it would seem easy to just give it away.  It’s definitely not the game that holds my interest – just Richmond.

I don’t understand all the tactics and all the rest of it, but you can tell good football when you see it.  And a lot of the games we see are boring.  It’s either an arm wrestle or basketball.  All this, as you describe, ring a rosie stuff is just mind numbing to watch.

My belief is that changing the rules doesn’t change anything.  The reason for that is because, ultimately, the coaches call the shots and are responsible for the way the game is played and how it looks.  So regardless of what the rules are, coaches find ways around them.  Changing the rules only changes the integrity of the game and therefore can do long term damage to it.

It would therefore seem obvious, and logical even, to just LEAVE THE RULES ALONE because they are not the cause of the problem.

But no, the game is run in knee jerk fashion, and between the coaches, the rules committee and the AFL, the game now resembles basketball, netball, soccer, grid iron and anything else that’s out there, anything but Aussie Rules that is.

Polly Farmer was on 3AW a few seasons ago, and he commented that the problem with the game was the coaches.  The 3AW host(s) dismissed his comments as all but nonsense. :-\

... watched a little bit of essendon brissie, but really couldn't give much of a stuff about other teams these days.

Know what you mean there.  My first few seasons in Melbourne, I would go to 1 or 2 neutral games each year.  The last time I was half interested in going to a neutral game was 1999.  Just doesn’t interest me like it used to.  These days, it’s difficult enough to muster enough enthusiasm, at times, to watch my own team, let alone another couple of teams playing boring football.

Maybe they’ll all wake up some day soon.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:05:58 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »
we played bad bec we wanted too. terry is keeping his cards close to his chest. dont expect anything during these praccy matches, wait til rnd 1, and i bet by round 8 we will be asking how far can we go cos we will be playing hot footy

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »
It’s not just the game on Saturday that’s the issue.  It’s the state and style of game that has evolved over a number of seasons.  We’ll be better prepared for round 1, but I’m not counting on games being as exciting as they could be.

Apparently, players are better, stronger, fitter faster, train better, have better facilities, resources, etc., etc., etc.  And for what?

So we can watch them play unattractive and boring style football week after week? 

Things just don't add up.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 04:01:17 PM »
I thought the comments by Malthouse about footy becoming more like netball were amusing given Netball is becoming more physical with more loose ball collisions as that game speeds up yet footy is becoming less and less so.

On weekend I watched on and off the Brissy-Dons game. Dull as anything so only flicked on the tv to check the scores every now and then. Only the last 5-10 minutes when Voss decided he had enough did it become worth watching. I also watched about 5 minutes of the Carlton-Geelong game and the skills and number of turnovers were even worse than what we did so I turned it off.

I enjoyed our game but the gallery sitting in the row behind me and in particular one person who shall remain nameless lol had alot to do with the entertainment  :rollin  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:19:46 PM »
I enjoyed our game but the gallery sitting in the row behind me and in particular one person who shall remain nameless lol had alot to do with the entertainment  :rollin  :thumbsup.
Did this person have a big foghorn voice? lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 04:48:34 PM »

No i didn't go deaf but this person who shall remain nameless made plenty of insightful comments about the game which for a short while made for a particularly interesting lol interaction with one tattooed member of the crowd wearing a Hawk guernsey :lol :rollin. All in good fun ... well for me anyway  :thumbsup.

Moi

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 04:50:28 PM »

No i didn't go deaf but this person who shall remain nameless made plenty of insightful comments about the game which for a short while made for a particularly interesting lol interaction with one tattooed member of the crowd wearing a Hawk guernsey :lol :rollin. All in good fun ... well for me anyway  :thumbsup.
I think i might owe someone an apology lol - oops  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

I think i might owe someone an apology lol - oops  :rollin

LOL

The Dick Cheney of OER lol (only gagging ;) )
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:42:32 PM by mightytiges »

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 05:36:35 PM »
My weekend
 had the bro inlaw ova from NZ so went with him to watch the Force on friday night 30k people for a game of rugby  i was impressed
saturday watched the TIGEs on the box didnt really enjoy what i saw but have mentioned my thoughts else already on this forum
spent some time sorting out some players for this years "fantasty footy" team  i would like to maintain my winning status from last season
sunday saw me and my youngest son down at subiaco oval in 35 degree heat (atleast the beer was cold) watching the dorkers whip the eagles butt  i love it when the west coast lose
was good to be back in the footy mode even though the weather is saying otherwise
unfortunatley next w/end is a work one for me so will have to rely on all you folks to keep me up to date on all the TIGEs news etc
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 07:31:07 PM »
My weekend:

It started early on Friday arvo because I had a physio appointment :thumbsup. Friday night watched a bit of the Bombers and Lions. All I can say is people are critical of the Tiges kicking it Richo. Kicking it to Lloyd leaves kicking it to Richo for dead IMHO ;) ;D

Saturday as soon as the heavens opened we bought the dogs in side. Main reason there is because  number 2 dog needs to be careful and not get wet(the little blokes been pretty crook the last month and a bit) and after a major operation and lacking a fair bit of fur getting wet would not be a good thing :help Kept an eye on them until it was time to go to the footy.

Went to the footy and was entertained not by the game  ;) :D

Went home and then proceeded to watch the replay - why I have no idea  :rollin

Sunday washed the cars in the morning and then in the arvo watched the ING cup and in particular NSW try very hard to lose :o

As for next weekend - Shepparton it is :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)