Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 420974 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Mark Williams reckons he is Tigerland bound.
2/3 year project on RFC's behalf in obtaining his services.

McChins won't give up.

dwaino

Collingwood just trying to pump his price up?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Do they need Lynch?

Tom Lynch's manager Paul Connors was on SEN pre-game on Friday night and confirmed three clubs – Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn – are vying for the now ex-Gold Coast co-captain's services. The Tigers are viewed in the industry as the clear front-runners, but do they need him? The past 18 months of footy would suggest Lynch is far from the missing piece at Tigerland, and his arrival would mean a restructure of their forward half. Their attacking set up that had a bevy of small forwards at the feet of Jack Riewoldt (who kicked four goals on Friday night) originated last year mostly out of necessity. There weren't many other key forwards on their list to consider. Adding Lynch as a support might take a little bit of time to gel, but the Tigers would be better for it. And that's a scary thought for rivals.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-03/five-talking-points-richmond-v-geelong

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tigers head to Metricon Stadium next Saturday to take on Gold Coast. They are one of three clubs – alongside Collingwood and Hawthorn – in the hunt for forward Tom Lynch, who informed the Suns on Thursday of his intention to head to a Victorian club as a free agent.

However, Hardwick could not be drawn on when the Tigers would like to know if the free agent was heading to Punt Road.

"When Tom's ready to make an answer, he'll let you guys know, I'm sure of it. I'll leave it at that. He's a Gold Coast player so [it's] nothing to do with me," he said.

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Connors: Lynch has met with a third club

By SEN
4 Aug 2018

AFL player agent and manager of Tom Lynch Paul Connors has confirmed the race is down to three clubs for the Gold Coast captain’s services.

Lynch spent the last few weeks in Victoria while getting surgery on his knee and it had already been confirmed he met with both Collingwood and Richmond.

However, Connors confirmed he has also met with Hawthorn.

“There’s also Hawthorn involved. Yeah (he has met with the Hawks),” he told the AFL Nation pregame show.

“I think he’s has (shut his mind off to clubs other than Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn).”

The decision to meet with other clubs mid-season has been controversial, but Connors said the season-ending injury opened the door for it.

“If he hadn’t gotten injured and he was just playing, he’d just be playing and would not have met with any clubs,” he said.

“Craig Cameron and Gold Coast know that’s fact, he didn’t meet with a club while he was playing.”

While many have assumed Lynch’s decision was inevitable, Connors said the former All-Australian took “months” to make up his mind.

“Everyone thought it was just a no-brainer decision for Tom, whereas Tom would say to us, he can’t see himself playing in another jump for many months,” he said.

“For many it was an easy decision, for Tom it was a difficult decision that he wrestled with over time.

“I just think he thought it was his time to move on.”

Lynch was stripped of the captaincy by the Suns after making the decision, but Connors praised him for his performance as a leader this year.

“He was captain of the club and he was leading well, I mean that. As much as his football wasn’t helping because of his knee, he was putting himself out there when he should’ve been having an operation six weeks ago,” Connors said.

“There’s lots of others who’ve left earlier, Tom stayed the distance and gave them time and time and he just thought he was ready to come home.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/03/connors-lynch-has-met-with-a-third-club/

Dougeytherichmondfan

He’s now “following” Pendlebury on Twitter.

Cue the panic!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
negative.

I think its the other way around mate, but result may be the same so wgaf.

lets just just go b2b and let balmey sort out the rest

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yep, Pendlebury has followed Lynch on twitter but it hasn't been reciprocated by Lynch. Mind you Pendlebury follows a number of opposition captains as well as Dangerfield and Ablett.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
what a load of hot spank
Lots of people name their swords......

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
what a load of hot spank
Ranking 10/10 on the Piffle meter

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Forget Lynch and go hard for Josh Kelly next year..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

Too late, he'll be at Norf
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

The rumours that Shiel can be had will not die.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grant Hansen on the Marngrook footy show last night said he heard Lynch was going to Richmond a year ago.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Are we putting all our eggs in the Lynch basket or do we have another key player on our radar as insurance. I’d love Shiels, can never have enough quality mids and would let Dusty spend more time up forward.