Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 65124 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2022, 01:52:50 PM »
I think if we didn’t have Dusty we would have gone full rebuild from this year onwards. The losses have been disappointing but I don’t overly begrudge the club for trying one last roll of the dice with the premiership crop.

At the end of the day the flags make everything worth it. I know Collingwood or gws or even Scott eta Geelong fans would rather net the flags then be making the 8 but not capping off with a flag

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2022, 07:17:55 PM »
Probably not relevant but a glimpse at a player that suggests we stay a little bit patient.

That player is Will Brodie. Reason i bring him up is i thought him a good junior and a player we could do with in his draft year.
After 5 seasons at GCS even I  gave up the ghost.

A new environment a lot of faith shown in him and all of a sudden it seems he has turned it around.That surmise could be wrong it could just be a purple patch so to speak.

This year 4 games in the 189/89 mid in Brodie has gone at the following.

Disposals  27.0, kicks  11.5, HB 15.5, C/P 14.75, ED 17.2, DE 69.3, clearances 6.25, Tackles 5.5, SI 5.2, i50 4.0. TOG 70.5.

Thats a pretty decent turn around and im just wondering maybe we can hope for similar from RCD. Maybe it will take nothing more than showing a bit of faith and giving him a decent crack at it.

Anyway just a bit of a warning that some do indeed take a fair bit longer to come on. Not sold on RCD by any margin but heres hoping.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2022, 05:12:04 PM »
RCD is in.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2022, 05:30:39 PM »
Let’s go. 4 games atleast. Let’s get a look at our future midfield

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2022, 06:05:44 PM »
I’m an RCD fan, gets the pill, uses it well, kicks goals from 50 and now it would seem can defend a stoppage. This kid might be something special if they give him a decent crack at it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2022, 06:41:48 PM »
I’m an RCD fan, gets the pill, uses it well, kicks goals from 50 and now it would seem can defend a stoppage. This kid might be something special if they give him a decent crack at it.
HRT, have you got rocks in your head??  :lol :lol
It is obvious he is the future, he should play the rest of the year IMVHO,
But he won’t get to play because he is not favoured for some reason.
It’s a mystery. :banghead

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2022, 10:18:35 PM »
So why we brought him in not to play in the guts  :banghead was moving all over the joint puzzling.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2022, 10:21:35 PM »
Hmm for me the friendship is over. On that game i think we need to cut our losses. At some point along the line all players have to grasp their opportunity and tonight instead of taking the bull by the horns and at least contributing he was a passenger again. Just looked so far off it and its time to move on.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2022, 10:26:42 PM »
Would give him one more game to redeem himself but I dont see him making it.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2022, 10:28:23 PM »
Would give him one more game to redeem himself but I dont see him making it.

At least play his as a mid :whistle

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2022, 10:37:33 PM »
Geez give the kid a block of games before you drop him. All the people saying to play the kids and then wanting to drop him after one game  :huh

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2022, 10:41:01 PM »
Played against best team in comp. Let's see him vs Eagles or a North to see what he's like when given an opportunity.
Go Tigers!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2022, 10:43:45 PM »
Agree with last 3 posts. The least we can do
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2022, 10:44:13 PM »
When a midfield player struggles to win possessions consistently in the VFL it’s gonna be very tough in the AFL level. One reasonable game in the VFL in 5 isn’t good enough for a midfielder especially one who has been in the system for 3 years. 

IMO, he hadn’t earned an AFL game. I personally would’ve liked to see him string a few good games in the VFL before giving him a game but what do I know

But let’s just play the kids and gift them games and teach them nothing like we used to do for 37 years.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2022, 10:48:50 PM »
Was almost invisible tonight.I want them to give him a go but gee he would want to improve on tonight.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!