Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 58153 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland - Round 20 Rising Star nominee [update]
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2022, 10:14:37 PM »
Reminds me a bit of Caddy

Broadsword

« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2022, 10:22:48 PM »
Def looks like him. Caddy had great grit in front of the sticks.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2022, 11:11:02 PM »
IN CUMMY WE TRUST!  You bloody ripper. You can’t beat a forward with natural killer instinct.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2022, 11:32:13 PM »
I'm loving what I've seen so far, can't wait for more ...     :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2022, 01:06:53 AM »
Vote here for Cumberland for Goal of the Week.

https://www.afl.com.au/goal-of-the-year

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2022, 01:28:14 AM »
“LOVE WATCHING HIM PLAY”: FIVE-GOAL TIGER MAKES “INCREDIBLE” IMPACT

By Alex Zaia
SEN
1 August 2022

Noah Cumberland kicked a career-high five goals to help Richmond overturn a 42-point deficit to beat Brisbane at the MCG on Sunday.

In just his fifth game, the young Tiger kept his side in the contest with three first-half goals before adding two more majors in the second half.

Cumberland, selected with pick 43 in the 2019 National Draft, has made an immediate impression at senior level leading to high praise from his coach Damien Hardwick.

“He doesn’t get fazed by much, Noah,” Hardwick said post-game.

“I’ve got to give the kid credit - he’s been incredible since he’s come in.

“He came in a little bit raw, he’s put the work in, he’s self-driven, he’s responsible for his own development. That, to me, is the mark of him as a player.

“He’s put in a lot of work, a lot of hours to get to where he is today and reaping the benefits of it.

“He’s only going to get better which is the pleasing thing for us.”

Cumberland’s passion and booming left foot has caught the eye of Collingwood great Nathan Buckley.

“I love watching him play,” Buckley told SEN Breakfast.

“He’s played a handful of games … he kicked that goal from the top of the 50 and he was that excited. He was watching the big screen to see himself back on how he kicked it.

“He’s got passion, he’s got drive, he’s got an energy.

“When he put (Darcy) Gardiner under pressure and caused that turnover … you could see him out the back, he was punching the air.

“He’s a Richmond-type player, a Richmond-type forward who’s dangerous and can hit the scoreboard.”

Cumberland, 21, has kicked 11 goals so far in 2022.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/31/love-watching-him-play-five-goal-tiger-makes-incredible-impact/

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1553685189687386112/video/1

Apologies if this was posted before.

Last 2 mins. As Buckley mentioned loved the Noah part here when Lynch took that mark.

We have found one here IMO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2022, 01:41:11 AM »
Watching the replay on sick-baby-duty and I just saw how he went after Berry a bit when Berry was trying to take down Bolton after his goal in the 3rd.

Love it. Bit of mongrel!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2022, 01:49:04 AM »
Loved how pumped up he was after his defensive effort which lead to the lynch mark and goal in the last minute.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2022, 06:59:25 AM »

Agree. Was thinking that as well. Developing a good goal sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2022, 08:53:16 AM »

Agree. Was thinking that as well. Developing a good goal sense.

Except he is quick. Caddy was a bit of a plodder but Cumberland actually has quite good speed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2022, 04:19:02 PM »
Noah Cumberland interview on SEN with Dwayne Russell.

LISTEN: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1027900

----------------------------------------------

“THERE WAS A COUPLE DAYS OF GRIEVING”: CUMBERLAND’S TALKS THE 'PLAY ON' MOMENT

By Luke Stubbs
SEN
2 August 2022

Richmond youngster Noah Cumberland has provided some insight into the heartbreaking moment at the end of his side’s draw with Fremantle, where the forward played on after the siren.

Cumberland, who was named the Round 20 Rising Star, said he wishes he could have the moment back.

“I probably would have went back and had a bit of composure, went back and kick the goal. But in the time, in the moment, you’re thinking so quick," he told SEN's Dwayne's World.

“I’m a player that likes to play with speed and intent. That’s what I did, but I got a bit carried away and did it at the wrong time.”

Following the game against Fremantle, Cumberland described the change rooms as “quiet”, but they were happy enough to come away with a draw.

Following the result, Cumberland implied the club was very supportive with the whole situation and that their psychologist Samantha McLeod helped with the recovery.

The young forward responded, kicking five goals the next week and playing an important role in Richmond’s seven-point win against Brisbane at the MCG to keep their finals hopes alive.

After being a part of Brisbane’s academy, Cumberland was drafted by Richmond in 2019 and has played five games this season. He believes his early exposure to the senior team has helped him learn the system and helped him mature.

“You need to be brought into a professional environment pretty young to understand the developing progress and what you have to do,” he said.

Richmond is currently in talks to extend his contract, with Cumberland’s manager sorting out the details.

“I was lucky enough to get another year and I knew I had to pull my finger out and play some good footy. I was fortunate enough these past couple of months to play consistently, which is always good,” he said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/02/there-was-a-couple-days-of-grieving-cumberlands-talks-the-play-on-moment/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2022, 05:03:33 AM »
The fact Noah didn’t even know he got the name wrong is even funnier than the fact he called Robbo “Thommo” 😂 #AFL360

https://twitter.com/davvers605/status/1554416618574610433

:laugh:

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2022, 09:47:59 AM »
Two year extension signed!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2022, 03:30:24 PM »
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1194624/cumberland-re-signs

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley, said it had been great to see Cumberland’s hard work off-field translate into on-field performance.

“Noah has had to work through some adversity early in his career after suffering an ACL injury in his first year.

“He has worked hard on all aspects of his game and we are excited about his continual growth across the next two years and beyond.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1194596/emerging-trio-sign-richmond-extensions

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2022, 10:42:00 PM »
LOL. Cumberland said he didn't watch footy growing up and not until he came to the Club so he had to be introduced to Carey, Darcy and Watson. 

Anyway, Noah mentioned Xavier Clarke has taught him an "odd" goalkicking technique that works for him so he's going to stick to it.