Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81390 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2021, 06:56:58 PM »
the Age reporting that Astra Zeneca will be "phased out" as a vaccination option from October

Australia likely won’t use AstraZeneca after October, except by request

By Rachel Clun
June 23, 2021 — 4.19pm

Australia will likely not use the AstraZeneca vaccine after October except by request, with the national rollout to rely on Pfizer doses to immunise the nation against the coronavirus.

The national vaccine rollout plan released on Wednesday afternoon reveals the locally-made AZ vaccine will be phased out of use in Australia except by request, after health authorities changed advice to limit its use to people older than 60 due to concerns about a rare blood clotting disorder.

Full article:
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/australia-likely-won-t-use-astrazeneca-after-october-except-by-request-20210623-p583n6.html

You cant blame anyone but yourself for jabbing up early on advice. Much like the essendon players aye. :shh :shh

i see phizer is in the news too.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jun/23/fda-warning-heart-inflammation-pfizer-moderna-vaccines

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »
1 case any deaths?

haha talk about reaching.

as expected though from the 2 biggest hypocrites over the last 12 months in MT and WP.

whilst on topic at least wp can finally answer the question on the victorian government performance over the last 18 months now?

Hypocrite?  Really?

I make a comment about NSW contract tracing which the media, pollies, you and many others have called gold standard and you whack me. What a surprise

The fact the man who has tested positive who returned from NSW hadn't been contacted by contact tracers highlights that even the NSW system has flaws.

I can guarantee if this had happened in Victoria you would be ridiculing the Vic contact tracing (again)

Every single system in every state and Federally has flaws. It has been shown time and time again whether it be hotel quarantine, contact tracing there are flaws. That was my point

As always you bring politics into the discussion about COVID.

And no I will not answer your question. Why? Because it doesn't matter what I say you will do one of 2 things.

You will either (1) abuse, ridicule or insult me or (2) twist what I say to suit your argument and just tell me I am wrong.

So seriously what's the point?

You are appear to be so blinded by your hatred of the Vic government that you are not willing to have a decent discussion without resorting to points 1 or 2 above (possibly both)

So as i said what's the point

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2021, 09:20:43 PM »

You cant blame anyone but yourself for jabbing up early on advice. Much like the essendon players aye. :shh :shh

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jun/23/fda-warning-heart-inflammation-pfizer-moderna-vaccines

What are you talking about?

Where did I blame anyone? I just posted an article that I thought was relevant to this topic. I see you have done the same

To be very clear I don't blame anyone.

I made a decision to get the jab after discussing it with my doctor whose advice based on a medical condition I have was to get vaccinated as soon as I could. At that time the only vaccine I could qualified for was AZ. So I went down that path.

It was my call, my choice, my decision and I own it.

Doesn't mean it isn't frustrating the constant changes around the AZ vaccine...but I itvis a mute point now. To complete the process I will get my 2nd jab in 6 weeks and then it is done

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2021, 09:37:53 PM »
1 case any deaths?

haha talk about reaching.

as expected though from the 2 biggest hypocrites over the last 12 months in MT and WP.

whilst on topic at least wp can finally answer the question on the victorian government performance over the last 18 months now?

Hypocrite?  Really?

I make a comment about NSW contract tracing which the media, pollies, you and many others have called gold standard and you whack me. What a surprise

The fact the man who has tested positive who returned from NSW hadn't been contacted by contact tracers highlights that even the NSW system has flaws.

I can guarantee if this had happened in Victoria you would be ridiculing the Vic contact tracing (again)

Every single system in every state and Federally has flaws. It has been shown time and time again whether it be hotel quarantine, contact tracing there are flaws. That was my point

As always you bring politics into the discussion about COVID.

And no I will not answer your question. Why? Because it doesn't matter what I say you will do one of 2 things.

i rest my case.

No such commentary from you about any other aspect of covid, except for the ruby princess and perhaps a few other mistakes in NSW.

Hypocrisy at its finest, and what i expected.

Yes you are probably right, and with good reason. If you dont know why we are different than nsw than you must be dillusional and/or living under a rock. One has credits and one doesn't but that might be too simple for some folk to understand.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2021, 09:47:59 PM »

Where did I blame anyone? I just posted an article that I thought was relevant to this topic. I see you have done the same

I made a decision to get the jab after discussing it with my doctor whose advice based on a medical condition I have was to get vaccinated as soon as I could. At that time the only vaccine I could qualified for was AZ. So I went down that path.

Doesn't mean it isn't frustrating the constant changes around the AZ vaccine...but I itvis a mute point now. To complete the process I will get my 2nd jab in 6 weeks and then it is done

Yes i posted about the phizer but im not critical of the AZ situation as you are. IMO they are all the same and probably all have a small amount of side effects, much like the pill and other tablets.

There is nothing wrong with the AZ changes. It is as you say based on "medical advice". Your choice to jab not anyone elses so IMO who cares if they change medical advice.

My decision not to jab hasnt got to do with any doctor reid type of advice or vaccine. I  dont believe i am risk, and i dont particularly believe it will provide a smooth passage abroad with no restrictions. Not at this stage anyway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2021, 04:37:58 AM »
Pot kettle black :lol

I didn't mention the NSW government at all but we do know if there had been an unvaccinated limo driver that had been allowed to pick up international air crew in Victoria and it caused an outbreak you'd be doing your nut on here.

I'm not the one blaming any of the state governments (Labor or LNP) for 25 HQ leaks across the country because we don't have proper quarantine facilities away from high density urban areas (hotels are for tourists not quarantine). Nor am I blaming any of the states (Labor or LNP) for the shambolic vaccine rollout. It wasn't any of the states who rejected a complete vaccine supply for Australia from Pfizer last year.

ps. Plenty of Victorians are now seeing through and calling out this Vic-bashing BS that has and is still going on. First it was over HQ when there's now been 25 leaks across the country (NSW has had the most by the way) and we've now seen two other states leak it to Victoria. Then there's things like Vic health experts mentioning that these Indian variants being passed via fleeting contact and it's called BS by unqualified scientifically illiterate political & media morons. Yet when NSW says the exact same thing it's all kosher. We know where the hypocrisy lies  ::).   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2021, 05:24:48 AM »

Yes i posted about the phizer but im not critical of the AZ situation as you are. IMO they are all the same and probably all have a small amount of side effects, much like the pill and other tablets.

There is nothing wrong with the AZ changes. It is as you say based on "medical advice". Your choice to jab not anyone elses so IMO who cares if they change medical advice.

My decision not to jab hasnt got to do with any doctor reid type of advice or vaccine. I  dont believe i am risk, and i dont particularly believe it will provide a smooth passage abroad with no restrictions. Not at this stage anyway.
No one can force you to get vaccinated but it's not only about you. Even if you are asymptomatic you can pass covid on and infect others. If the majority had the same attitude then we'll never get out of this pandemic and never fully open up (i.e. open international borders). The whole point of a vaccination program is to vaccinate the bulk of the population so herd immunity is effectively achieved and the virus dies down and rarely results in hospitalisation even when we are back to pre-covid normality. Pfizer and AZ have a 96% and 92% success rate in preventing hospitalisation. Pfizer even has a 88% success rate in preventing symptomatic disease (AZ is 60%).

I got my first Pfizer jab yesterday. I'm still here :eyebrow and have had no issues. So much for Clive Palmer and his pamphlets of anti-vaxxer crap claiming we're all going to die ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2021, 06:05:35 AM »
This hotel quarantine really is pathetic
I’m on my second go and so far
1- bedbugs
2- they sent up my wrong medication despite me doing the online requests, airport request, checkin request and speaking with the nurse
3- Im allergic to banana, and they send me a bar that contains banana

Running a really tight ship

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2021, 06:43:44 AM »
That's crap Damo. Are you in Melbourne ?

PM the hotel if you are. Have a fair few friends working there now curious if it's the same. The one in Darwin looks the best as it has a balcony from what I saw. Even Adelaide had a balcony.

Full respect to you blokes who did it once, let alone twice. My mate did it and he said it doesn't even compare to the covid who caught. Worst experience.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2021, 07:15:29 AM »

PM the hotel if you are. Have a fair few friends working there now curious if it's the same. The one in Darwin looks the best as it has a balcony from what I saw. Even Adelaide had a balcony.

Full respect to you blokes who did it once, let alone twice. My mate did it and he said it doesn't even compare to the covid who caught. Worst experience.

There is now hotel used for thecquarantine program in Darwin

Everyone goes to Howard's Springs the perfect facility for quarantining. It was formerly used for fly in fly out mining accommodation,owned fro the Feds and the perfect set up.

Had Tiger mates who did 14 days quarantine there last year so the got to the GF said it was fantastic. Massive area, it was like being a resort they said. Everyone had individual cabins..... so no chance of airborne transmission. You could freely move around...so if you wanted to go for a run, you could. As I said the perfect set up

That is what is going to be built down here that the Federal Govt will be funding  :clapping

Reckon as a nation we probably need at least 2 more. One in WA due and NSW. Both have significantly heavy international travel.

Despite Pricess Annastacia protests up in Qld would miss out  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2021, 07:17:52 AM »
i rest my case.

No such commentary from you about any other aspect of covid, except for the ruby princess and perhaps a few other mistakes in NSW.

Hypocrisy at its finest, and what i expected.

Yes you are probably right, and with good reason. If you dont know why we are different than nsw than you must be dillusional and/or living under a rock. One has credits and one doesn't but that might be too simple for some folk to understand

Nah

I rest mine..

Point proved

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2021, 07:40:15 AM »
Pot kettle black :lol

I didn't mention the NSW government at all but we do know if there had been an unvaccinated limo driver that had been allowed to pick up international air crew in Victoria and it caused an outbreak you'd be doing your nut on here.

I'm not the one blaming any of the state governments (Labor or LNP) for 25 HQ leaks across the country because we don't have proper quarantine facilities away from high density urban areas (hotels are for tourists not quarantine). Nor am I blaming any of the states (Labor or LNP) for the shambolic vaccine rollout. It wasn't any of the states who rejected a complete vaccine supply for Australia from Pfizer last year.

ps. Plenty of Victorians are now seeing through and calling out this Vic-bashing BS that has and is still going on. First it was over HQ when there's now been 25 leaks across the country (NSW has had the most by the way) and we've now seen two other states leak it to Victoria. Then there's things like Vic health experts mentioning that these Indian variants being passed via fleeting contact and it's called BS by unqualified scientifically illiterate political & media morons. Yet when NSW says the exact same thing it's all kosher. We know where the hypocrisy lies  ::).

unless you missed my earlier post i have already agreed i would have been front and centre. If you cant see why NSW is miles ahead of victoria then take off the dan andrews cheer leader uniform and you may start to see it. I dont know many victorians NOT calling out VIC bashing. In fact i think its increased and with good reason. (last weeks lockdown was the latest example of how they cant manage an out break and which is why they are up to what is it 160 days(800 deaths) vrs nsw 53 days of lockdown, despite taking how many less international arrivals? Could you provide us with those stats please. Even if this results in a lockdown in nsw she has plenty of credits in the bank, just ask the parents who didnt have to home school and the businesses who didnt have to shut down. Clearly you dont have to worry about any of those 2.

So no one including you, spared nsw for the ruby princess here?  :lol

as for your vaccine rollout. Tell me who is waiting that hasnt got it? Its slow yes for the phizer, much like NZ but if you want it go and get the AZ. Fair chance you wont die waiting another week and if your that worried just lock yourself in a black room with the curtains down.

The only people i hear complain are most likely the type who rolled up for the az thinking their life was in danger, and were inpatient.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2021, 07:41:28 AM »

Yeah. I’m at the Intercontinental.

In some ways it’s worse than prison. ZERO fresh air. ZERO human contact apart from the 4 COVID tests.

The bonus is that the room is good and the internet is fast.
I actually don’t mind doing the quarantine, but this time there has been a lot of errors for me personally.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2021, 10:21:13 PM »
NSW Outbreak Map - 28th June 2021 #COVID19nsw #COVID19NSWData

18 local cases +1 WA case are shown here.
The NSW mine worker will be shown on the NT / QLD outbreak map.

As these are outbreak maps, the outbreak a case is connected to will determine what map a case appears on, rather than the state it's counted against / detected in.
https://twitter.com/dbRaevn/status/1409337872344248322

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2021, 11:32:56 PM »
Under 60s can get AstraZeneca: PM

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has confirmed adults of any age can receive the AstraZeneca vaccine if they choose.

The new no-fault indemnity scheme announced tonight for general practitioners would provide protection for doctors administering the vaccine to people of any age.

“If they are willing to go and speak to their doctor and have access to the AstraZeneca vaccine, they can do so,” he said.

“The [Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation] advice talks about a preference for AstraZeneca to be made available to those ... over 60.

“The advice does not preclude a person under 60 from getting the AstraZeneca vaccine, and so if you wish to get the AstraZeneca vaccine, we would encourage you to go have [that] discussion with your GP.”

https://www.theage.com.au/national/australia-news-live-sydney-braces-for-covid-19-case-surge-as-city-s-lockdown-continues-darwin-enters-snap-lockdown-20210627-p584r9.html