Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81574 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #330 on: June 21, 2021, 10:11:57 AM »
My favourite thing about the vaccine debate is how the people that have died from blood clots don't matter at all. stuff them and their families, just get the jab because you're highly unlikely to have issues like the poor bastards who died from it.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: June 21, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »
My favourite thing about the vaccine debate is how the people that have died from blood clots don't matter at all. stuff them and their families, just get the jab because you're highly unlikely to have issues like the poor bastards who died from it.

So, essentially unless there is a 0% chance of death or significant side effects it's not worth vaccinating the population?

Those people (that died) absolutely matter. As for the 800+ who died due to contracting covid-19.

The statistics also matter. That's how you make an informed decision for 25,000,000 people. Situation/utilitarian ethics! I guess this is why we have a democracy?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2021, 03:37:57 PM »
When there are proven cases of death it is absolutely up to each individual as to what they want to do.

Your vaccine won't work unless I have one eh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »
When there are proven cases of death it is absolutely up to each individual as to what they want to do.

Everyone has a choice whether to get the jab or not

Just like it is up to each individual if they get a flu shot, vaccinate their kids etc

You chose to get it or not totally up to you

I made the choice to get it after speaking to my family doctor and as I've said for me it was a no brainer.. and so far no side effects. Actually had a worse reaction to this year's flu jab than the AZ jab...

But at the same time I get that some people won't for whatever reason and that's fine too

Perhaps if we had more Pfizer available there wouldn't be such a push back against getting vaccinated  :huh3

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: June 21, 2021, 04:48:49 PM »

No, my vaccine will work fine to reduce the severity of my symptoms if I fall ill.

However to reduce the total transmission risk within the community and put an end to things like lockdowns we will need to be at or above that 60% mark.

Happy for people to do whatever they want. As I said - I consider it my civic duty to get vaccinated and I consider the risk of clots or death to be extremely low. And I am no doubt at a higher exposure risk than you are.

You can marry your own cousin for all I care!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: June 21, 2021, 06:19:48 PM »
Call it your civic duty or anything you like. That's your choice and rightfully so. I still find it classless to talk about the slim chances of dying from a vaccine when people have died.

I've got more chance of dying from seeing Jason Castagna nail a set shot than I do via coronavirus or any vaccine. Still happy to go without

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: June 21, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »
Hey mate,

I'm a nurse unit manager in an acute medical unit, and also a member of my organisation's outbreak management taskforce which assesses the preparedness of a facility to cope with an outbreak (in collaboration with department of health) and responds to outbreaks in nursing homes by taking over operations and facilitates the replacement of all furloughed staff + setup of appropriate procedures to manage the site until the outbreak is resolved.

In terms of why I 'pulled that out of my arse' are you referring to the blood clots? If yes, the reason I MENTIONED it is because it is clearly the most significant known side effect of the AZ vaccine and the main driving factor behind AZ being recommended for use in the older populations. The clotting disorder itself is similar to disseminated intravascular coagulopathy (DIC) but is triggered as an autoimmune response making is very difficult to manage compared to regular DIC. It's quite dangerous. However despite this the risk of having the complication is extremely low, and significantly lower than the risk of death or sequelae (ongoing health complications) from COVID-19.

There's a lot of fear about the vaccine being 'rushed' and while I can appreciate there are side effects this isn't quite true. Being a coronavirus and genetically similar to known viruses you can skip years of R&D when developing a vaccine. Sort of like when you recruit Toby Nankervis after a few years in the AFL system vs trying to grow your own Ryan/Chol/CCJ. Toby is ready to go after one pre-season while the others need 3 years!

Andy what industry do you work in? Most people I know are low risk and are not interested in jabbing up ,at this stage, and it ain't nothing to do with blood clots(40-50) so not sure why you pulled that out of your arse.

That said if anyone had that opinion there is nothing wrong with that, nor if they refuse any of the jabs or they think it's their civic duty to jab up. Everyone has their own choice just like this government made theirs when they shut down businesses due to their own mistakes.

I personally won't be taking any advice on any levels of government especially the Victorian one.

My doctor said don't bother jabbing up yet, if you don't want to. If you took the AZ or anything then don't complain and bitch about not having the other one. It's all the same poo isn't it?

I don't get this naming and shaming of people who have contracted covid, i bet the US, Europe and Asia do not go to lengths our media have to name and shame and hypothesis on alleged wrong doings

Our society has turned from a harden up she will be right culture into a nanny run political correct social media run stuff fest

Correct Chuck. Probably best others can reply who have commented on this.

My view, and as I said in a different post I don't watch the fear campaign led news these days and I'm much better for it. Social media is out too aside from Insta which is all family and friends.

Those who name and shame would prefer to blame an individual than their beloved politicians who can do no wrong especially when it comes to lockdowns.  :shh

Deryn Hinch must be scratching his head wondering where was his support when he did the same thing.  :shh

no problem. I figured as such and that is your right.

I just wonder if you werent in that profession you would still be saying its your "civic duty" to get jabbed. I for one would have probably had it by now if i was in your shoes so i dont mean to be disrespectful. I just think the civic duty thing is over the top, considering how little those in charge give a stuff about the australian people.

Everyone has a choice whether to get the jab or not

Just like it is up to each individual if they get a flu shot, vaccinate their kids etc

You chose to get it or not totally up to you

I made the choice to get it after speaking to my family doctor and as I've said for me it was a no brainer.. and so far no side effects. Actually had a worse reaction to this year's flu jab than the AZ jab...

But at the same time I get that some people won't for whatever reason and that's fine too

Perhaps if we had more Pfizer available there wouldn't be such a push back against getting vaccinated  :huh3

Agree.

Thankfully i'm yet to be told by someone that i ought to get the jab to help out team australia, as i think i would probably spew, especially if it came from a Victorian politician.

I certainly dont have an issue with those who receive it. Plenty of my clients have had it and i wish them luck.

Never had the flu jab and cant see myself at this stage having the C19 jab. Neither concern me at my age.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »

Agree.

Thankfully i'm yet to be told by someone that i ought to get the jab to help out team australia, as i think i would probably spew, especially if it came from a Victorian politician.

I certainly dont have an issue with those who receive it. Plenty of my clients have had it and i wish them luck.

Never had the flu jab and cant see myself at this stage having the C19 jab. Neither concern me at my age.
What sort of work do you do?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2021, 10:15:48 PM »
A number of eastern Sydney LGAs are now classed as red zones.

https://twitter.com/VicGovDH/status/1407302855405363202

One covid-positive Sydneysider flew to Wellington and spent 3 days in NZ. So NZ has closed its bubble/border to NSW.

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1407297025377406985

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
the Age reporting that Astra Zeneca will be "phased out" as a vaccination option from October

Australia likely won’t use AstraZeneca after October, except by request

By Rachel Clun
June 23, 2021 — 4.19pm

Australia will likely not use the AstraZeneca vaccine after October except by request, with the national rollout to rely on Pfizer doses to immunise the nation against the coronavirus.

The national vaccine rollout plan released on Wednesday afternoon reveals the locally-made AZ vaccine will be phased out of use in Australia except by request, after health authorities changed advice to limit its use to people older than 60 due to concerns about a rare blood clotting disorder.

Full article:
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/australia-likely-won-t-use-astrazeneca-after-october-except-by-request-20210623-p583n6.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #340 on: June 24, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »
Just had my first jab (pfizer). Didn't even hurt.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #341 on: June 24, 2021, 04:57:15 PM »
Thanks NSW!

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #342 on: June 24, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2021, 06:51:47 PM »
1 case any deaths?

haha talk about reaching.

as expected though from the 2 biggest hypocrites over the last 12 months in MT and WP.

whilst on topic at least wp can finally answer the question on the victorian government performance over the last 18 months now?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2021, 06:52:49 PM »
Thanks NSW!

Yes gold standard LOL

did you say gold standard?

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for contacting the Department of Health and Human Services again.
I sincerely apologise that your daughter, Chloe, received a text message advising her to quarantine and an email stating that she was cleared from quarantine. This was an error and I can confirm she was not required to quarantine.
This incorrect messages would have caused much anxiety and uncertainly, which would have been particularly difficult given the time of year. Again, I apologise that this occurred and caused so much frustration and concern.
The Department has reviewed its procedures and we sincerely hope no other family receives incorrect information in the future.
Thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention.
With kindest regards,
Frank Tyler, MPH&TM, BN-RN
Operations Lead | Existing Case and Contact Management
Public Health Operations | Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Health Protection Branch | Regulation, Health Protection and Emergency Management Division
Department of Health & Human Services | 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
t. (03) 9659 5565 t. 1300 651 160 |  f. 1300 651 170 | e. publichealth.operations@dhhs.vic.gov.au 
w. www.dhhs.vic.gov.au