Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 11, 2020  (Read 15031 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 11, 2020
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2020, 08:04:40 PM »
To many passengers tonight Caddy,George,Lynch,Lambert etc.Not easy flying up on the day and 4 day break say it again ridiculous we we're made to travel.See nothing special in Port had there measure with major outs to.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2020, 08:05:44 PM »

WP's whipping egg was poor but the far more experienced Broad was even worse...Grimes it has to be said had a rare shocker too....in fact it was probably the worst performance from our backline for some time...... :shh :shh

Without doubt both Broad and Grimes had their worst games of the year. Agree with you, backline as a collective were poor.

Egg was more than poor. The concerns I have and have had with him get magnified when we play quality opposition. He stands back, refuses to attack contests and is slow.

He had 11 disposals and went at 43% efficiency. That % continues to drop away against better opposition. That's my concern with him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2020, 08:14:53 PM »

WP's whipping egg was poor but the far more experienced Broad was even worse...Grimes it has to be said had a rare shocker too....in fact it was probably the worst performance from our backline for some time...... :shh :shh

Without doubt both Broad and Grimes had their worst games of the year. Agree with you, backline as a collective were poor.

Egg was more than poor. The concerns I have and have had with him get magnified when we play quality opposition. He stands back, refuses to attack contests and is slow.

He had 11 disposals and went at 43% efficiency. That % continues to drop away against better opposition. That's my concern with him

Young player so the experience will be good for him. But, he gives away too many frees and panics under pressure. Must rectify this should he was a career.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
We are blessed
This was a 15 goal shellacking that didn’t happen
True. Could’ve been worse if they punished us on turnover.

We didn’t play our way today. We were shown up in the one area we are known for, pressure.

They beat us comprehensively in that stat except for maybe one quarter.

Anyways see them in finals.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2020, 09:45:24 PM »
Team Stats:

Disposals   241 - 321 …… ( contested: 112 - 155; uncontested: 124 - 176 )
Efficiency% 67 - 71
Turnovers   60 - 56
Clearances  22 - 40 ….. ( centre: 5 - 20; stoppages 17 - 20 )
Marks         47 - 50 …… ( contested: 7 - 12)
Inside 50s   24 - 55 ….. ( marks in50: 5 - 12 ) 
Tackles       68 - 69  …… ( inside 50 tackles: 5 - 12 )
Hitouts       36 - 31
One%ers    36 - 38
Frees         11 - 22

Individual possies: …….. Not a single Tiger with 20 or more disposals. Half with less than 10

McIntosh  18
Short     18
Vlastuin 18
Martin   17
Rioli      17
Bolton   16
Ross     15
Caddy  11
DES     11
Grimes 11
Aarts   10
Baker   9
Chol    8
Lynch  8
Pickett 8
Stack  8
Balta  7
Broad 7
Riewoldt 7
Soldo   7
Castagna 5
Lambert 5

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/2831#team-stats

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2020, 10:05:56 PM »
Slomo ultimately cost us that quarter and match, just dreadful tap work......bloke is utterly useless... :shh

So true. Our defence were woeful but upfield were didn’t really punish the ball carrier as we normally do forcing turnover. The whole team was very poor in that area and Port did it much better tonight and mainly to Dusty so he was constantly under pressure when he disposed of the ball (41% DE).

We not only had to witness one of the worst performances by a ruckman last week but we had to endure his useless rick taps that gave our midfield no advantage whatsoever. I’d like to see the stat that shows taps to advantage but I only recall one.
Rioli has lost all his mojo, he’s a shadow of the player he was.
Eggs was hopelessly overawed and showed us he has a lot of work to do to get to our standard.
He simply needs to toughen up or id be hoping we look at someone else for that role.

Once again our forward entries were atrocious but I give credit to the way Port pressured us most of the game.
Not one of our experienced super paid forwards could take contested marks that the young ruckman from Port made look super easy at the other end of the ground!  :banghead

Well we know we still have work to do and back to back premierships aren’t easy.

Lastly, SPP isn’t a player I want to see in Yellow and Black.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2020, 07:07:18 PM »
Matthew Lloyd on the Sunday Footy Show showed three examples of us failing to man up in defence which cost us goals.

Two by Pickett - the Wines crumb from a throw-in where Marlion was asleep & another where he was in no-man's land and the ball was kicked over his head to a free Port player 15m out.

The third was Short not going with Butters who set up Port's first goal in the last qtr.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
Did the holy diver ever put on any Defensive pressure in his illustrious career

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »
Did the holy diver ever put on any Defensive pressure in his illustrious career
Probably not but in those days it wasn’t really a thing.

I agreed with all he said. It was poor defending, poor discipline and poor concentration from our players at times. The whole team did not work hard enough and are very very lucky it wasn’t a bigger margin in the end.
It was a comprehensive victory by Port.
We will no doubt learn from it and be much better next time we play them.
I’m expecting them to drop off alittle during the latter part of the season as they may be peaking too early. 

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »

The backline saved us from a hiding. 20 center clearances by Port to 5 for us has the ball straight away in our defence. Port had 55 inside forward 50s to our 24. The ball was in our defensive area for the greater part of the game. We should have lost by more.

We have to be better in the center

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
Midfield and forward line were utter garbage didn't work hard enough or do the basics.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »
Pickett's degree of defensive accountability would be far different to what he has been used to playing WAFL. Will take some time for him to adapt to the point of it being second nature.

I think we have to put things into perspective with Marlion and remember how many AFL games this guy has actually played. You can't expect miracles although he did produce close to one in the GF but to be honest the level of accountability on the day wasn't the same level was required against Port or other top 4 sides at the moment. I am sure the coaches will go through the vision with him when individually reviewing the game.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »

The third was Short not going with Butters who set up Port's first goal in the last qtr.

He pulls that crap several times a game...more opposition goals go through his man than anyone....right up there with Newman & Campbell for complete lack of defensive accountabilty.... :shh

The backline saved us from a hiding. 20 center clearances by Port to 5 for us has the ball straight away in our defence. Port had 55 inside forward 50s to our 24. The ball was in our defensive area for the greater part of the game. We should have lost by more.

We have to be better in the center

Yes the centre bounces were abysmal but the backline was fumbly, panicky & generally shyte....Dixon kicks straight and it is a hiding... :shh  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »
We were defensively poor against Brisbane too ...gave up a lot of shots on goal....but the main thing that's doing my head is the pee weak tackling , falling off tackles /broken tackles, half-arsed one-armed efforts, not pinning the arms and stopping the handball in the tackle and too many players get easily stepped around...clearly not watching opponents hips.. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
The hips don't lie