Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2021  (Read 139617 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2021
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 06:19:12 PM »
Haha no...hardly ever listen to SEN these days... :shh

Fair enough.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
RICHMOND

Richmond doesn’t have a spot on their list, but may be able to open one up if ruckman Ivan Soldo is pushed onto the inactive list. The ruckman recently had more surgery on his knee, with his timeline still likely to be around the end of the year. Tyson Stengle is one player they could consider, with the small forward potentially returning to the Tigers.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-afl-midseason-draft-mid-season-rookie-draft-afl-contracts-afl-lists-afl-draft-2021-jacob-edwards-tyson-stengle/news-story/a1d966e9e4044f72c07e62f79b6fbf96?recommendedCount=0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2021, 02:08:31 PM »
THE VICTORIAN POWERHOUSE CLUB "INTO" DOCKERS MIDFIELDER CERRA

By Laurence Rosen
SEN
27 May 2021

West Coast champion Peter Sumich believes Richmond has out-of-contract Fremantle midfielder Adam Cerra in their sights.

The 21-year-old is currently weighing up whether to accept a lucrative offer to stay at the Dockers or return home to Victoria at the end of the season.

Cerra has impressed in his short time at the club and is averaging 21 touches and five marks per game in 2021.

Sumich says he’s heard Richmond are targeting Cerra as a long-term replacement for skipper Trent Cotchin, while he said uncontracted forward Shai Bolton would re-sign with the Tigers and isn’t likely to be involved in any possible trade.

“I’m hearing Richmond is into Adam Cerra without any trade (for uncontracted Richmond forward Shai Bolton coming back the other way),” he said on SEN WA Drive.

“They’re going to try get him and not worry about (Shai) Bolton, I think he’ll stay at the Tigers. They’ve won a couple of premierships and still have more to come in the next three or four years in my opinion.

“I’m hearing that they’re targeting him as a replacement for Trent Cotchin down the track, they want to get him in now and then in two or three years’ time when his best footy is behind him, they’ll look to use Cerra a bit more through the midfield. That’s what I’m hearing.”

Sumich urged Fremantle not to ask for an excessive amount in a trade if Cerra does signal his intention to leave the club and head home.

He said the Dockers couldn’t afford to let their emotions dictate trade demands, instead saying they’d be better off negotiating a deal that benefited them in the longer term.

“If Richmond is targeting (Adam) Cerra and he’s out of contract, you have to be careful,” he said.

“At the end of the day they’ll ask for a lot, but Cerra can go into the pre-season draft if they can’t get the deal done.

“As much as Fremantle should probably earn a top 10 pick out of (a trade) and maybe a rotation of a second rounder, they wouldn’t want to go over the top so they might not get anything.

“They can’t get emotional; you don’t always want or take more because a player like Cerra may want to go and then try and screw over other clubs because you’re upset.

“You’ll get it back down the track, that’s how it works. Clubs see that you’re doing the right thing, your day will come where you’ll get a little bit back and someone else will miss out.

“You just have to be patient and work with clubs if a kid wants to go home.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/27/the-victorian-powerhouse-club-into-dockers-midfielder-cerra/

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 04:38:29 PM »
 :cheers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »
Is Sumich working for us?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 06:28:11 PM »
A second round pick thus year and a future second round pick is fair.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 09:28:41 PM »
He got the moves does Cerra, he got the moves. Bah dah du
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 09:38:06 PM »
A future midfield of Cerra, Green, RCD, Baker, Bolton and Dow with MRJ rotating through...

:shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2021, 10:35:20 PM »
Hope we're working on Tom Green too.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »
A second round pick thus year and a future second round pick is fair.

Dreaming mate second round pick kid is quality people under selling him big time.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2021, 07:47:20 AM »
They stole Conca (pick 6} for stuff all. We owe them one.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 11:31:10 AM by Knighter »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2021, 08:45:53 AM »
Because Conca was so highly rated by everyone here
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2021, 09:45:00 AM »
Francis Jackson luv’d him

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
Picked ahead of Fyffe

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »
DOCKERS WAITING ON CERRA

Fremantle has tabled an offer to out-of-contract midfielder Adam Cerra, with the club’s footy boss Peter Bell revealing the 21-year-old has had a deal in front of him “for a while”.

Cerra, a Victorian, has been linked with a return home with rival clubs offering significant money in a bid to snare the rising star.

Speaking on SEN, Bell provided an update on where contract negotiations sat with the emerging onballer.

“Adam and his management have had an offer in front of them and they’ve had it for a while,” Bell told Dwayne’s World.

“Adam is a really considered person, we’re respecting that. We see a really invested player at our footy club.

“He’s got a lot to work through, which he will do in his own time. We’re really comfortable with where it sits and it certainly hasn’t affected his performance.

“We’ll just continue those conversations and dialogue with Adam and his management.”

Asked if the club would like to secure the signature of Cerra before season’s end, Bell said it “would be the hope”, but they’ll be content to “work our way through it” if it isn’t done.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-news-2021-trade-whispers-latest-news-rumours-out-of-contract-players-free-agents-adam-cerra-sam-petrevskiseton/news-story/fc5bfca32bc93e17f56b0d08a5a56fba