Author Topic: Midseason draft  (Read 9189 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Midseason draft
« on: May 25, 2021, 05:21:26 PM »
We now have a pick in the midseason draft with Soldo moved to the LTIL.

The Mid-Season draft will be held virtually and will be streamed live on afl.com.au and the AFL App from 6.30pm AEST.

Who or what type of player should we pick up?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Midseason draft
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 05:25:35 PM »
Jackson Callow please :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 05:53:59 PM »
Ditto.
Strong-marking, mobile, athletic forward. 

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 06:16:48 PM »
We interviewed a fellow by the name of Blake Schlensog. He is running around in the WAFL and made their state team, was on Geelongs list- 199 cms tall

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 07:04:20 PM »
We interviewed a fellow by the name of Blake Schlensog. He is running around in the WAFL and made their state team, was on Geelongs list- 199 cms tall

CHB?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 07:11:51 PM »

Read article been.playing well and really matured said cats cut him to early.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 07:33:49 PM »
Schlensog was apparently a junior key forward but he is playing as a key defender in senior footy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

32. BLAKE SCHLENSOG (South Fremantle)

HEIGHT:  199 cm
WEIGHT:   99 kg
CLUB FROM: Geelong
LEAGUE FROM: AFL

18.5 AVG DISPOSALS PER GAME
7.8 AVG MARKS PER GAME

https://www.wafl.com.au/player/blake-schlensog

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bulldogs Senior Coach Todd Curley suggests it was TK who alerted the Club to Schlensog’s potential.

“Tim Kelly was the first one I guess that flagged that we should have a chat to him,” Curley said.

“(Cats coach) Chris Scott had a big rap for him as well.”

Kelly and Schlensog are former Geelong teammates, but with Kelly now back in Perth, and Schlensog’s time at Geelong ending, Kelly stepped in and spoke with his former WAFL club, and now Schlensog is making himself at home in WA.

“Blake moved over pre-Christmas,” Curley said.

“(He’s) probably unlucky at only 20, 198cm, he’s trained as a key back and done a lot of work with (six-time All Australian defender) Matthew Scarlett and the defenders at Geelong."

“But with the list being reduced, he sort of got squeezed out."

“They just couldn’t fit him in.”

Curley said Schlensog's arrival will boost the team's big man stocks.

“With Chris Luff retiring, we think he’ll be a ready-made replacement for him,” Curley said.

“He’s been really impressive… seems like a fantastic kid.”

https://www.sffc.com.au/news/19981/tk-gives-bulldog-blake-the-nod

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 09:49:00 PM »

CHB?
This year, yes. Played forward at Geelong I believe.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 12:33:14 PM »
Maybe we could use a few picks on some Umpires
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
THE VICTORIAN CLUB WHO SHOULD TARGET NATHAN FREEMAN IN MID-SEASON DRAFT

By Laurence Rosen
SEN
26 May 2021

Matt Rendell believes reigning premiers Richmond should target former Saint and Magpie Nathan Freeman in the upcoming mid-season draft.

The 25-year-old, who was selected with pick 10 in the 2013 National Draft, was plagued by injury throughout his stints at Collingwood and St Kilda.

Now working in player management, Freeman has caught plenty of people’s attention after starring for Frankston in the VFL this season.

Ahead of next Wednesday’s mid-season draft, Rendell says the Tigers could be the club eyeing off Freeman to bolster their midfield.

“Nathan Freeman has been outstanding in the VFL, but I didn’t think he was going to nominate (for the mid-season draft),” he said on SEN’s Dwayne World.

“He works with Paul Connors in player management so he would have to put that on hold, my son plays with him at Frankston and he thought Freeman may not nominate, but he has landed up nominating.

“I’m tipping that if he’s nominated, someone has told him that they’ll pick him. I’m thinking Richmond is the team that might want him with their injuries.

“Trent Cotchin is out with a hamstring injury and he has a history of them, Shai Bolton has a broken wrist and is he going to come back and be any good?

“I don’t think there’s any of those mature-agers that are going to go to that top clubs and help them win a flag.

“I don’t think there’s anyone that will help a club from a flag point of view besides if someone takes Nathan Freeman in the top eight (of the draft).

“Richmond are ninth (on the ladder at the moment), he is a chance to help someone.”

Freeman is one of over 400 players who have nominated for the June 2 draft, with Sandringham Dragons ruckman Jacob Edwards widely tipped to be taken by North Melbourne with pick one.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/26/the-victorian-club-who-should-target-nathan-freeman-in-mid-season-draft/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 05:06:41 PM »
10 games in 6 years. Honestly is he any good? Struggling to get a game for the struggling Saints back then.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2021, 05:25:53 PM »
10 games in 6 years. Honestly is he any good? Struggling to get a game for the struggling Saints back then.

He missed alot of footy due to very serious hamstring problems

I'd take him

Bloody good player
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »
Surely with the Lynch injury we'll go for a tall now (which we should do regardless)... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2021, 06:12:31 PM »
Surely with the Lynch injury we'll go for a tall now (which we should do regardless)... :shh

Has to be with Lynch down and Soldo.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »
... while the Tigers have been looking closely at half-back Sam Durham who is in their VFL side.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/simpson-comeback-dream-over-as-ex-blues-star-opts-out-of-mid-season-draft-20210525-p57uya.html