Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 51702 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »
Who is our midfield and stoppage coach?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2022, 10:52:40 AM »
He is part of the problem cause he is hopeless and the other mistake was those who thought he was the panacea to another flag.

Blues fans were laughing at us when we got him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline HKTigerB

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:27 AM »
Who is our midfield and stoppage coach?
Andrew McQualter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2022, 12:58:10 AM »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2022, 01:08:53 AM »
David Teague :lol

Bump.

Some on here lauded this selection.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2022, 01:28:36 AM »
We are the second highest scoring team in the league.

If there’s one line we can say have been pulling their weight it’s the fwd line.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2022, 02:12:14 AM »
 :rollin

He is doing an outstanding job then, given the accuracy of our forwards.

What is our pressure like keeping the ball in d50.  Must be off the chart especially in the last quarters where our games are lost?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2022, 02:24:10 AM »
Needs a clean up still maintain shouldn't have let so much quality go fair enough McRae got a job rumour has it Dimma didn't want to take a pay cut to keep the band together.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2022, 02:49:24 AM »
:rollin

He is doing an outstanding job then, given the accuracy of our forwards.

What is our pressure like keeping the ball in d50.  Must be off the chart especially in the last quarters where our games are lost?

Instead of making wise cracks just for the sake of being able to say ‘I told you so’, while singling out the fwd line coach in his first season when we are second in the league in points scored which is the no.1 job of the fwd line, not to mention AFL #1 in fwd half turnovers, why don’t you look at the midfield and defensive lines. We are losing clearances most weeks and yes I know that was never our strong suit but the difference is now we are conceding goals from them. Then we are ranked 11th for points conceded, something that we were always in the top 3 in and that we built a dynasty off. We just conceded 92 points to the bottom side on the ladder who had lost 14 on the trot with their previous high score for the season being 81.

But yes David Teague what a horrible appointment. Bravo  :clapping

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2022, 09:54:34 AM »
Needs a clean up still maintain shouldn't have let so much quality go fair enough McRae got a job rumour has it Dimma didn't want to take a pay cut to keep the band together.

Rumour is wrong. It has been well documented he did take a pay cut.

Soft cap got slashed by $3mil. Not a million, not $1.5 million but $3mil.  We were spending all of the soft cap before the AFL over reacted. So our cuts had to be deep

I've said this a number of times and I know people don't like hearing it.

But we had 2 assistant coaches coming out of contract (Leppa and Macrae) all others were contracted. So others were not let go those 2 put their hands up and said they'd go. Although Macrae already had an offer from the Hawks on the table. To further ease the job losses Dimma took a pay cut. But the club still had to cut to get under the new limit. Recruiting got hit, development got hit. They did that and we've paid the price ever since.

I won't go into more detail but reckon if anyone ever gets the chance to chat to Balmey about it, youvshould you will learn a lot and I reckon most would be like me and think it’s a disgrace what the AFL did, damning
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »
Is our club so cash strapped that we couldn't have kept at least one of the assistants and just paid the tax?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »

Soft cap got slashed by $3mil. Not a million, not $1.5 million but $3mil.  We were spending all of the soft cap before the AFL over reacted. So our cuts had to be deep

But we had 2 assistant coaches coming out of contract (Leppa and Macrae) all others were contracted. So others were not let go those 2 put their hands up and said they'd go. Although Macrae already had an offer from the Hawks on the table. To further ease the job losses Dimma took a pay cut. But the club still had to cut to get under the new limit. Recruiting got hit, development got hit. They did that and we've paid the price ever since.

I won't go into more detail but reckon if anyone ever gets the chance to chat to Balmey about it, youvshould you will learn a lot and I reckon most would be like me and think it’s a disgrace what the AFL did, damning

I hear this and I’ve heard it a few times but Sydney can recruit better people and not lose assistants, Melbourne too, Carlton and Collingwood get some assistants we couldn’t afford to keep.

Why have other clubs not having the same issues we are complaining about?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:05:49 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2022, 01:55:05 PM »

Nobbled us…we were ahead of the curve.
The cuts brought us back to the field.
The whole idea of making the club debt free was so we could invest in off field.
Hence we did..

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2022, 02:39:26 PM »

Why have other clubs not having the same issues we are complaining about?

other Clubs have had the same issues but even if they complain they don't sell papers

The RFC is not the first Club that went to the AFL asking for the soft cap to be restored to pre COVID levels  :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2022, 04:23:20 PM »

Ok that may be true , but why have other clubs recruited quality assistant's like a poster mentioned and we haven't replaced them.The only replacement has been Teague and promoted Clarke.We loss Rutten ,Blake ,Leppa and McRae that's alot of quality not replaced in my book.