Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 51701 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2022, 07:50:40 PM »
Noticed that Lynchy thanked X Clarke as the forward line coach in his acceptance speech in the b&f. I had thought all season that Teague was the forward line coach but it seems maybe he is in charge of general offence although the website shows that’s part of mcqualters duties.

Be nice of the club to update the website with all current coaches and their role and to keep those up to date.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2022, 05:32:10 AM »
Every club's coaching changes

By Nathan Schmook and Michael Whiting
afl.com.au
31 October 2022

IN: Ben Rutten, Kane Lambert
OUT: Adam Kingsley

Rutten returns to Punt Road, where he helped develop a premiership-winning backline from 2015-2018 before joining Essendon and eventually becoming the Bombers' senior coach. He replaces backline coach Kingsley, who has joined Greater Western Sydney as senior coach. Rutten is another former senior coach in the Tigers' ranks after ex-Carlton coach David Teague joined the club 12 months ago. Triple-premiership player Lambert has also joined the coaching ranks in development. 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/861055/big-names-return-stability-among-assistants-every-club-s-coaching-changes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2023, 01:48:46 AM »
What a pack of duds. Get rid of them all.

Against suns, dons they couldn’t fiind a way to stop the tactics?

It felt like a very similar game.

Stupid idiots and they knew it was coming from the VFL game. Dumb stuffs
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kane Lambert takes over role as midfield line coach (RFC)
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2023, 02:42:18 PM »
Development coach Kane Lambert will assume the role of midfield line coach in place of McQualter.

“Kane is a highly regarded person that has made a huge impact in the coaching space both throughout his time as an injured player and since starting as a development coach,” Livingstone said.

“His football knowledge is first-class, and he is a strong tactician. He will add great value to our midfield and stoppage work going forward.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1338765/

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2023, 03:12:07 PM »
Fantastic news .. made my day

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2023, 12:26:37 PM »
Dimma is gone and so should the slush retirement fund for duds like Teague. What a joke he has been. Rutten hasnt done much better the second time round, in fact they both should go with a new coach. Morris as well.

A complete clean out is required and this is why i am in favor of a new coach with no emotional ties to anyone.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2023, 12:56:41 PM »
Dimma is gone and so should the slush retirement fund for duds like Teague. What a joke he has been. Rutten hasnt done much better the second time round, in fact they both should go with a new coach. Morris as well.

A complete clean out is required and this is why i am in favor of a new coach with no emotional ties to anyone.

Maybe we're just no good anymore.

Possibly not a coaching issue.

But meh

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2023, 01:28:57 PM »

And I'm sure you will pay any soft cap tax if we have to pay them out, cover the cost if any new ones etc  :huh
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2023, 01:35:01 PM »

And I'm sure you will pay any soft cap tax if we have to pay them out, cover the cost if any new ones etc  :huh

how will we go over the soft cap with a new untried coach?

we would have to be a very stupid to have them on any contract, let alone a long one. They should be extremely lucky to even have a job.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2023, 01:38:21 PM »

Maybe we're just no good anymore.

Possibly not a coaching issue.

But meh

you dont have to be an excellent coach to send a runner out to Noah to man up.

They have got comfortable in the nice seats under Dimma who would never have got rid of them.

Teague has been woeful as has Morris, and Rutten will be lucky to see another year but after one year in perhaps stays.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2023, 10:40:54 PM »

we would have to be a very stupid to have them on any contract, let alone a long one. They should be extremely lucky to even have a job.

Are you really that naive?

All assistant coaches across the competition are on contracts

You clearly want all or the majority of the current ones gone.

So if they are contracted and the club does what you so desperately want; then the Club would need to pay them out. That cost will go into the soft cap. As will (obviously) the cost of their replacements

You want other areas of the Club expanded or improved eg S&C, development. I would think everyone wants the same

So while a new coach gives room to move in the cap. Getting rid of anyone under contract shrinks what's available and could if you flick them all is likely to put pressure on the soft cap

So I think if it is pretty simple to work out  ::)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2023, 11:22:48 PM »
I don’t think assistant coaching contracts are usually longer than 1-2 years are they? If that’s the case, some of them may actually be out or left with a single year. I also don’t think every contract has to be payed out, if for example the coaches find employment elsewhere, it may be a mutual agreement type deal.

Anyway I also agree that together with a new coach a new team of assistants would be very beneficial, obviously not if it cripples our soft cap.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2023, 11:34:50 PM »
I don’t think assistant coaching contracts are usually longer than 1-2 years are they? If that’s the case, some of them may actually be out or left with a single year. I also don’t think every contract has to be payed out, if for example the coaches find employment elsewhere, it may be a mutual agreement type deal.

Anyway I also agree that together with a new coach a new team of assistants would be very beneficial, obviously not if it cripples our soft cap.

Geez we already managed to clean out a huge part of the whole footy dept without killing the soft cap in 2016.Yes i know its different now but if hard calls are needed then we at least have to make a start.

One thing for sure its not 2019 and the whole footy landscape has changed we have to stop looking within because we are way behind other clubs. Like 2016 its time look outside make some hard calls and at least do the ground work to start the changes that are needed with out destroying the soft cap. Every year this soft cap debate comes up and nothing changes does that mean the club are getting it wrong.

Apart from coaches i hope we actually look into the performance of our recruiting and list management ever since lets say the start of the successful years because i think generally both areas have been ordinary in the main.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2023, 07:23:55 AM »

Geez we already managed to clean out a huge part of the whole footy dept without killing the soft cap in 2016.Yes i know its different now but if hard calls are needed then we at least have to make a start.

Umm the soft cap in 2016 was more than it is in 2023.

So that is a rather silly statement didn't you think?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »

Are you really that naive?

All assistant coaches across the competition are on contracts

You clearly want all or the majority of the current ones gone.

So if they are contracted and the club does what you so desperately want; then the Club would need to pay them out. That cost will go into the soft cap. As will (obviously) the cost of their replacements

You want other areas of the Club expanded or improved eg S&C, development. I would think everyone wants the same

So while a new coach gives room to move in the cap. Getting rid of anyone under contract shrinks what's available and could if you flick them all is likely to put pressure on the soft cap

So I think if it is pretty simple to work out  ::)

Of course they are, i was being a smart arse. Let me say this. Why would we have teague on a 3 year plus contract? Pay him out his last year (if it was 3 years and see him on his way) That is 1. Morris is rubbish and wouldnt be worth 5 cents, so there is another.

This was a bloke who just got the arse from carlton, who lets face it only dimma wanted and as if we are going to give him a long contract 3 plus years? I dont think so, Rutten the same but he has been back for 1 year so give him another year.

new coach 400k, dimma 1 mil maybe more. There wont be any pressure next year as we will finish close to dead last.  I think you are the one who is naive thinking a new coach wont want to clean the joint out. You have become fascinated with the soft cap even as we just had a coach walk out on 1 mil plus.

Its time to be bald and i hope a new coach starts with these hacks looking to tidy up their retirement plans. This goes for existing staff across all departments as well. It's not just players who become comfortable in the seat after 3 flags  :shh