Author Topic: List Decisions 2022  (Read 16008 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: List Decisions 2022
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 02:33:05 PM »
The value of draft picks is overrated IMO.

So many top picks end up being busts.

As long as they’re relatively young, I’d be happy to use our top picks on proven quality like Taranto or Cerra.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
The value of draft picks is overrated IMO.

So many top picks end up being busts.

As long as they’re relatively young, I’d be happy to use our top picks on proven quality like Taranto or Cerra.

Agreed, unless you have a top 5 pick I reckon.

And all clubs know it which is why guys like Kelly and Cameron have required huge picks.

If we need to deal with GWS I would want Green included and would be prepared to part ways with all of our top 4 picks + a steak knife like CCJ. Yep you read that correctly.

Either that or keep 8 but trade the next 5 picks for another early pick or two.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 04:11:34 PM »
disagree all of our best players came mostly inside the top 20 but top 5 guarantees nothing unless you do due diligence.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2021, 05:16:56 PM »
disagree all of our best players came mostly inside the top 20 but top 5 guarantees nothing unless you do due diligence.

You said it comes down to how good the recruitment team have worked and studied the players even with covid.I actually think we nail our later picks better.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2021, 05:32:20 PM »
Port did an excellent job getting some young blood in 2018.

Unless we can negotiate for Tom Green then i would go the draft and hopefully the recruiters can pick wisely.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2021, 11:29:11 PM »
Must get - Tom Green (GWS)
Would be handy - Matthew Kennedy (Cheats)

Players out of contract:
Bachar Houli - retire
Ben Miller   - keep
Bigoa Nyuon - keep
Callum Coleman-Jones - keep (unless the offer is to good to be true)
Daniel Rioli - keep
David Astbury - retire
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith - delist - soft
Hugo Ralphsmith - keep if he gets a haircut
Ivan Soldo   - keep - can’t believe I want him to stay.
Jason Castagna   - trade  :pray :pray :pray
Kamdyn Mcintosh - trade - unless it effects team connection
Liam Baker - keep
Mabior Chol - trade - no tank no ticker no footybrain
Noah Cumberland - delist
Patrick Naish - trade or delist soft
Rhyan Mansell - keep
Ryan Garthwaite - delist stupid kicking style
Sydney Stack - keep
Thomson Dow - trade to the cheats for Kennedy
Will Martyn - delist looks soft

Anyone is tradable on this list
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
Jack Riewoldt believes a tighter than usual salary cap has led teams to make some tough calls on veteran players.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-360/salary-cap-squeeze-impacting-decisions!808281

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2021, 05:08:42 PM »
Is Tom Green really that good??

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2021, 06:58:43 PM »
reckon you could make a strong case for 15 to go

Houli retire. With Stack, Mansell, Rioli, along with Vlastuin and Broad. there just is no longer a need for his services. Playing him will stall the development of players.

DES delist. Another HBF with Rioli going back there he has lost any chance of getting a game.  is not required we have too many hbf as it is.would look to find another mid for his spot on the list.

Short trade.  reckon he has had a very poor season and for mine he is just too outside and soft. Again im asking is he needed with the list of players already mentioned at hb.Would probably get us a good pick. His kicking is so over rated.

Castagna delist. i say delist because i just can not see any other club wanting such a poorly skilled player.

Aarts delist. hes a good vfl player but an ordinary Afl player.

Naish delist. As soft as they come.

Garthwaite delist. For me he is not KPD size and does not have the attributes to play third tall like Broad or Grimes.

Chol trade/delist. CCJ, Colina, Ryan,Soldo, Nankervis all say hello. Let him go and tease some other club.

Caddy trade/delist. We cant find a spot for him now but he may offer something to another club.Has always been a failure to me because we wanted a big inside player and never got it having to find other roles for him to perform.

Edwards retire. Some won't like this but he more than any of our seniors looks shot.We really need to get games into some of our young mids and keeping 33 yr olds means we fail to get  those games into them. Perhaps he could be retained to play as a small fwd.

Others im asking questions about

McIntosh his skills leave so much to be desired and quite frankly im sick of the constant fumbling that seems to inflict him for periods.How hard would it be to find a hard running winger with better skills. Our over all skills are a problem that needs addressing.

Parker Skills again he has a dip but there is more to the game than having a dip. our skills are a problem and we need to find better to improve.

Miller if we could not give him a game this year then im asking when ??

RCD We have been mostly belted all year at clearances and contested ball im still not sure he is the real deal.
Martyn. Like collier dawkins we needed inside mids and they just have not seen fit to play him you have to wonder if they think he is not good enough they clearly think hes not ready.

Reckon we dont have a say in keeping Astbury. Go out and get another KPD and take a quality  one in the draft keeping Astbury for cover for now.

Riewoldt well its a similar situation to Astbury keep him for depth or even third tall but we must target a few genuine key forwards preferably a mature one thru f/a and a quality young one in the draft.

The other serious need is for a high quality inside/out bigger bodied mid or two. Definately could do with a beast who feeds it out to the likes of Martin and Bolton.

Thats it reckon this year we could cut 7 or 8 go hard in the draft and try to address some needs with f/a or cheap trades.Reckon we need to start looking at getting games into the likely kids and it may come at the expense of a few of the older players.

You oughta change you moniker to The Knife not The Claw.  Thats pretty brutal.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 07:05:17 PM »

I concur but my threshold is 40.  Any pick under 40 is live for me. If your astute you can get a Paul Chapman at 31 or Shai Bolton at 29.  These are pure A graders but they take time to develop. 
I used to think it was all drafting but now I'm 50:50 draft v development.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2021, 09:45:18 PM »
Jon Ralph on AFL Tonight:

D.Rioli - will stay at Richmond on a one-year year according to manager Ralph Carr. He's really happy but just wants to access his options past 2022. The contract isn't massive so if he has an All-Australian year in 2022 then he'll be richly rewarded (in the next contract).

Chol - wants more opportunities. Another Ralph Carr client. Not sure the other Melbourne clubs aren't knocking down the door. He does want to stay in Melbourne.

Stack - talks to start between his manager Paul Peos and Blair Hartley.

Watch here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/blues-pies-and-tigers-trade-whispers!808709

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »

D.Rioli - will stay at Richmond on a one-year year according to manager Ralph Carr. He's really happy but just wants to access his options past 2022. The contract isn't massive so if he has an All-Australian year in 2022 then he'll be richly rewarded (in the next contract).

Chol - wants more opportunities. Another Ralph Carr client. Not sure the other Melbourne clubs aren't knocking down the door. He does want to stay in Melbourne.

Watch here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/blues-pies-and-tigers-trade-whispers!808709

Happy with this update. Stack to get 2-3 years with conditions.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2021, 11:35:11 PM »

Happy with this update. Stack to get 2-3 years with conditions.

Very much doubt he’s getting a 3 year deal. I’d say 2 max but wouldn’t be surprised if it was just the 1 year extension.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2021, 07:14:36 AM »

Very much doubt he’s getting a 3 year deal. I’d say 2 max but wouldn’t be surprised if it was just the 1 year extension.

Absolutely. Club would be mad to do 3.

Should be 1 with triggers for 2nd re: fitness and games played etc.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2021, 07:43:28 AM »
Just on those who don’t rate top draft picks:-

Exhibit A - Cotchin, Jack, Dusty, Vlas, Rance
Exhibit B - Hawks in 2004
Exhibit C - Hawks recruiting since 2016

Not against the odd draft sacrifice of a pick here or there but fundamental to list management is picking the right kids and backing your development

If we want to delist 15 players, how do you propose we replace them?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.