Author Topic: List Decisions 2022  (Read 15908 times)

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: List Decisions 2022
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2021, 08:45:39 PM »
CCJ is not a restricted free agent therefore we dont get to match the offer.

He is uncontracted so must be traded or go into the pre season draft.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2021, 09:03:58 PM »
Ok, we can still improve the offer because I suspect he will walk for nothing otherwise.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2021, 09:52:09 PM »
How do you know, if North pay it then that’s his market price. You probably haven’t worked it out but if the perception is that we will match the offer then fair negotiations will take place instead of the fire sale your proposing .

What are you on about? He's ooc and wants to ruck yet is behind Nank and Soldo. As a forward he is behind Lynch and Jack.

North is offering him games and more money than we can afford.

We either take what were given, try to sweeten the deal (eg CCJ +:44 for 20) or he walks to PSD where they have pick #1.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2021, 10:26:40 PM »
How do you know, if North pay it then that’s his market price. You probably haven’t worked it out but if the perception is that we will match the offer then fair negotiations will take place instead of the fire sale your proposing .

What are you on about? He's ooc and wants to ruck yet is behind Nank and Soldo. As a forward he is behind Lynch and Jack.

North is offering him games and more money than we can afford.

We either take what were given, try to sweeten the deal (eg CCJ +:44 for 20) or he walks to PSD where they have pick #1.

Currently, CCJ is our 2nd ruck. He  is the current custodian of that position. Yes Soldo is due back next year but everyone is assuming Ivan will be right to go round 1. I don't hold that view based solely on how badly his knee injury was.

CCJ is taking the easy way out. Like Higgins did.

He could do what a few other blokes did and that's fight to keep his spot of fight to make it impossible form them to not select him. But no he's decided not to back himself rather just take the money and run.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2021, 10:31:16 PM »
Nothing you would understand , are you a visiting North supporter or maybe a Big Footy star as I don’t believe we have the pleasure of your wisdom before.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »
Agree he was also imho equal to Lynch in the forward line when he played this year. I am disappointed as I see the potential in this bloke . I think North will trade with with us only if they think we can try to convince him to stay or they would like to keep that pick for best  un contracted   player  that falls otherwise we will lose him for nothing.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2021, 11:40:15 PM »
What's Sam Weideman like?

Is he genuinely crap or would people be interested if we could get him in a trade for say pick 40? Dees fans don't think he's worth much, maybe like how we shed some depth players over the years, and might let him go for a 3rd.

With CCJ + Chol leaving, Jack getting on, and our only other option likely to be the draft...would it be worth taking a look?

If we trade 3 picks to WB for 17, a 3rd rounder to Dees for Weideman, pick up Talia DFA, draft a guy like Schlensog hopefully around 38 (hoping North trade this to is for CJ).

We could go ahead with:
Talia (DFA)
Weideman (?40)
Schlensog (?38)

At the expense of:
CCJ (?38)
Chol (?50ish)
26 (WB)
40 (WB)
44 (WB)

Bloke on b/f worked out roughly that Chol would bring pick 39 40 as compo.

Picks
7,15, 17, 26, 38, 39 and Tarrant would be great. Also like the idea of Schlensog with one of our later picks.

Out 28, 40, 44 for pick 17. Chol for 39 CCJ for 38.
Would also be looking hard to failitate a trade for Caddy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2021, 05:46:36 PM »
After today's delistings, we now have 29 senior listed players and 7 rookies.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=31456.msg709302#msg709302

Current rookies: Aarts, Mansell, Miller, Parker, Pickett, Stack plus cat. B Mate Colina

Given both Biggie and Cumberland are to be redrafted as rookies and assuming a maximum of 8 rookies, then at least one current rookie will need to be promoted to the senior list.

So which rookie gets promoted?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2021, 05:52:42 PM »
Should be Stack, Pickett or Miller but will probably be Aarts, Parker or Mansell..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »

Current rookies: Aarts, Mansell, Miller, Parker, Pickett, Stack plus cat. B Mate Colina

Given both Biggie and Cumberland are to be redrafted as rookies and assuming a maximum of 8 rookies, then at least one current rookie will need to be promoted to the senior list.

Of all them Aarts is the obvious one to go closely followed by Parker but they won't do that having just reinstated him.Followed probably by Miller after 4 seasons of very little and having already been demoted to the rookie list. List management of talls imo continues to be poor imo we have kept Miller because there is little else ffs development of tall defenders  has been so bad we had to go out and replace a 30 yr old with a 32 yr old because we have invested so little into the area.

If i was Sydney Stack and i was not put on the list proper then id be looking elsewhere

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2021, 07:23:13 PM »
If Stack can keep his nose clean it’s a no brainer imo

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2021, 07:24:27 PM »
Miller made his debut and didnt lose 1 contest during the match. Hes a keeper.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2021, 07:35:16 PM »
We'll have 6 free spots on the main list after we upgrade a rookie to accomodate Biggie & Cumberland....

:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2021, 07:41:17 PM »
BTW - if we want to keep a free spot for a SSP (how we got Stack & Mansell) we'll have to upgrade two rookies not one....  :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2021, 01:04:43 AM »

Of all them Aarts is the obvious one to go closely followed by Parker but they won't do that having just reinstated him.Followed probably by Miller after 4 seasons of very little and having already been demoted to the rookie list. List management of talls imo continues to be poor imo we have kept Miller because there is little else ffs development of tall defenders  has been so bad we had to go out and replace a 30 yr old with a 32 yr old because we have invested so little into the area.

If i was Sydney Stack and i was not put on the list proper then id be looking elsewhere

And that would probably result in his AFL career being done. A 1 year extension with a trigger for second year if the perfect contract to be hading out to stack at this stage.

Although in saying that out of all the rookies, stack would be the 1 player I would elevate onto the main list and second isn’t even close.