Author Topic: Sam Banks [merged]  (Read 16208 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sam Banks to debut this week [merged]
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2023, 10:16:41 AM »
Named on the bench and McIntosh and Pickett named in his position feel sorry for him already. Really hope they give him a bloody good go in the role we have developed him.

Don't know if you're aware but he's been spending a lot of time playing as a rebounding HBF
He wouldn't care. Just wants to take pots shots even based on team sheets which mean absolutely nothing. Oh and btw I think Pickett and Macintosh are are far from the problems we have.

Oh dear oh dear precious much. Oh by the way where did i say Pickett and McIntosh are serious problems.

There would hardly be a thinking tiger supporter who does not have issues with McIntosh's ball use and other areas. Pickett so far this year has struggled. So why not play the rookie in his best role, a role he has mostly been developed in this year and thus  giving him the best chance to succeed.

Simple fact is far too many kids have not been played to their strengths and have had limited game time when picked. Not too many would argue with that either.
Unfortunately we do have our fair share  of precious blinkered ones who feel the need to defend everything that the club does. :whistle

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2023, 11:01:38 AM »
Named on the bench and McIntosh and Pickett named in his position feel sorry for him already. Really hope they give him a bloody good go in the role we have developed him.

Don't know if you're aware but he's been spending a lot of time playing as a rebounding HBF
He wouldn't care. Just wants to take pots shots even based on team sheets which mean absolutely nothing. Oh and btw I think Pickett and Macintosh are are far from the problems we have.

Oh dear oh dear precious much. Oh by the way where did i say Pickett and McIntosh are serious problems.

There would hardly be a thinking tiger supporter who does not have issues with McIntosh's ball use and other areas. Pickett so far this year has struggled. So why not play the rookie in his best role, a role he has mostly been developed in this year and thus  giving him the best chance to succeed.

Simple fact is far too many kids have not been played to their strengths and have had limited game time when picked. Not too many would argue with that either.
Unfortunately we do have our fair share  of precious blinkered ones who feel the need to defend everything that the club does. :whistle

Doesnt change the fact that you are taking Pot Shots based  on team sheets. Doesn't change the fact that you didn't take notice of where he actually has been playing in the two's. Doesn't change the fact that you didn't acknowledge where he was actually played. Also doesn't change the fact that most of the kids that have played have been played in the area thay have been playing in the two's. Actually could you please give examples of the "Simple fact is far too many kids have not been played to their strengths" as I cant think of "Too Many".

Actually when I think about it there probably isn't "Too Many" players (to use your term) you havnt had a shot at this season.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2023, 06:24:11 PM »

Doesnt change the fact that you are taking Pot Shots based  on team sheets. Doesn't change the fact that you didn't take notice of where he actually has been playing in the two's. Doesn't change the fact that you didn't acknowledge where he was actually played. Also doesn't change the fact that most of the kids that have played have been played in the area thay have been playing in the two's. Actually could you please give examples of the "Simple fact is far too many kids have not been played to their strengths" as I cant think of "Too Many".

Actually when I think about it there probably isn't "Too Many" players (to use your term) you havnt had a shot at this season.

Fact he has MOSTLY been played on a wing in the magoos. Wing hbf much a much anyway.
The real observation was the hope they would give him good game time in his best role which has  been wing .
 The comment far from a pot shot was a simple  observation and hope  that they dont do to him what they have done to others and give him a decent go.
But hey thats just being too harsh and unfair iyo.

The fact that you have to ask and cannot think of any instances where kids have had limited game time and in the wrong roles just shows how blinkered you are.

At least with the Players who i have rightly criticised this year i have given the reason why. Which is a critique and not a pot shot but read it how you like.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 09:03:25 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2023, 06:29:23 PM »
Made the wrong decision a few times but that’s to be expected of a first gamer. Liked his endeavour and didn’t shy away from it. Give him a few games to get his footing.

Agree with that analogy. Had a real dip and showed heaps of endevour. Was not a great game but lets hope they dont do the uual poo and drop him after one game like they do with so many kids.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 09:00:51 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2023, 07:51:07 PM »
You know you can just agree to disagree without the personal insults.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2023, 08:42:58 PM »

Exactly. Unfortunately this guy has no idea how to comment without insults. Stepping over the mark here though. Almost time to dig up the "Claw post during our good years"stats again.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2023, 04:45:34 PM »

Exactly. Unfortunately this guy has no idea how to comment without insults. Stepping over the mark here though. Almost time to dig up the "Claw post during our good years"stats again.
The opening shot or is that pot shot. and then this above. Talk about a hypocrite.
It has always been my mantra if posters keep it civil i will too. But ffs to cry like a baby with such hypocrisy well it says it all really doesn't it precious.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2023, 08:27:29 PM »
LOL, Everyone else is wrong and your always right in your world , i not sure there are too many other posters that alway resort to insults when someone has a different opinion to theirs and constantly  bag their own club and players more than than they offer a balanced view.
Maybe you could get a second opinion from a medical professional to see if you can find some joy in the world because you don’t seem to be getting a lot of joy from Richmond FC
PS: your team won three premiership's in recent times

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Sam Banks [merged]
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2023, 07:22:53 PM »
Banks had the second most metres gained for us today (438m).

18 disposals (13k, 5h, 4c, 14u, 72.2% eff.)
3 marks
4 tackles
2 clearances
4 inside 50s
438 metres gained
4 intercepts
3 score involvements
75% time on ground

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2023, 07:24:53 PM »
Was excellent, simply can't be dropped if Short is back next week.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2023, 10:25:19 PM »
He was good. Has a great leg either side

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2023, 11:34:32 PM »
Listed at 187cm. With short coming back in at half back, maybe banks becomes kmacs successor for that wing spot? Will have to build his tank and work on the defensive side of his game (easier said then done) but he certainly seems to have him covered disposal-wise.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2023, 01:13:59 AM »
Will become an elite

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2023, 10:36:35 AM »
Listed at 187cm. With short coming back in at half back, maybe banks becomes kmacs successor for that wing spot? Will have to build his tank and work on the defensive side of his game (easier said then done) but he certainly seems to have him covered disposal-wise.

Yep. Get him on the wing.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2023, 04:00:26 PM »
He looks exciting.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.