Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2022  (Read 8058 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2022
« on: April 11, 2022, 03:59:08 PM »
Richmond launches Golden Wattle inspired Anzac Day Eve guernsey

Wattle has deep connection with the Australian Defence Force, its powerful symbolism prominent throughout Australian War efforts. 

During times of conflict, it became a tradition that wattle, as Australia’s floral emblem, was pressed into letters and posted to travelling soldiers to remind them of home.

Many soldiers wore their wattle in their hats, and people also sold the wattle flowers back home to raise money during the war. Fallen diggers were often buried with a sprig of wattle as a final mark of their sacrifice for the country.

The wattle has remained a symbol of unity and resilience for Australian people during challenging times. Wattle withstands Australia’s droughts, winds, and bushfires, and has become a representation of the nation’s ongoing spirit.

For more than 65,000 years, Australia’s First Peoples have traditionally utilised the wood, pollen and sap from wattle trees for food, medicine, weapons, tools and ceremonial decoration among other things.

Wattle remains a focal point in fundraising efforts across the country for our current servicemen and women. On national days of mourning, Australians are still encouraged to wear a sprig of wattle.

Proceeds from Richmond’s Anzac Day Eve jumper will go towards the RSL’s Anzac Appeal, supporting the families of soldiers past and present.

The PUMA-designed jumper also includes a poem, “Ode for the fallen” on the front of the guernsey, and a list of Richmond players and officials that died at war on the reverse.

Among these names is ruckman Bill Nolan, who was the first Richmond player to lose his life in armed conflict, after being killed in action during World War 1.

Nolan played 30 games for the Tigers across 1914-1915 before losing his life at war just a year later in France, aged 27. In August 1916, during Richmond’s first-ever league final, players wore a black armband in Nolan’s honour. Nolan was described as a “Richmond footballer who was admired by all”.

We will remember them. Lest We Forget.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1096599/richmond-launches-golden-wattle-inspired-anzac-day-eve-guernsey
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 09:54:14 PM by one-eyed »

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2022 Anzac Eve match guernsey
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 10:20:15 PM »
I know it comes part and parcel with sponsorship but it’d look way better without the AFL and NIB logos.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2022
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 09:57:52 PM »
If both sides play the way they have today/tonight then next week is going to get very ugly very quickly :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 10:14:20 PM »
We cant debut Sonsie or play Gibcus next week. We cant wreck our kids. Let the veterans take the hammering. We're going to lose by 10 goals maybe 15 goals.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 06:20:17 PM »
Lever and Viney out for the Dees due to covid protocols.

Source: 7news.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 06:27:58 PM »
Anzac Day Eve an opportunity for Tigers to 'get a measure'

By AAP
21 April 2022

Richmond senior coach Damien Hardwick says Sunday's Anzac Day Eve clash against the reigning premier will provide an indicator of where his side is at after an inconsistent start to the season.

The Tigers have slipped to a 2-3 record ahead of their blockbuster match against Melbourne.

“It’s a great challenge . . . They’re playing some really good footy, able to score heavily at various stages . . . The way they play the game is a fantastic game to watch,” Hardwick said.

“We’re learning some things off them, the way they go about it. But, more importantly, it’s a great challenge for our players to get a real measure of where we’re at.

“We’ve been good at various stages this year and inconsistent at stages. But if we iron out that performance, we give ourselves every chance.

“We feel we’re not too far away. A lot of our indicators, there’s some really positive signs.

“There’s a couple of things we’ve got to improve, like most sides . . .

“We’re playing some reasonably good footy without getting the desired result for the four quarters.

“We’ll continue to challenge our players to get better, we’ll continue to get our side to gel . . .

“We’ve just got to continue to get our side to play together consistently for a period of time, and we think we’ll be okay.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1108192/anzac-day-eve-an-opportunity-for-tigers-to-get-a-measure-

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 05:17:40 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
they were gone after round one (loss to Blues) and premiership contenders after round two (win v Giants) and gone again after round three (loss to Saints) and flag contenders again after round four (win v Dogs) and gone again last weekend (loss to Crows) ...

THEN ...
it's going to be that sort of year for the Tigers. Can't see them getting near the Demons on Sunday night. But I can see them in the eight at the end of the season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/745475/sliding-doors-if-i-was-coaching-the-western-bulldogs-then

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 09:20:18 PM »
Umps this week.

3 - Leigh Fisher
12 - Andrew Stephens
23 - Robert Findlay

https://aflua.com.au/wp-content/uploads/AFL-Round-6.pdf

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 09:31:22 AM »
Umps this week.

3 - Leigh Fisher
12 - Andrew Stephens
23 - Robert Findlay

https://aflua.com.au/wp-content/uploads/AFL-Round-6.pdf
That's 50

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 06:48:18 AM »
Well I truely think we can get the win tonight. Every team has been up and down this year besides Melbourne. But they are due for a bad game I reckon. It’s gonna be a funny year. The way teams are playing I think we can finish top 4. If we start getting our act together.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 07:20:29 AM »
Won’t get within 8 goals
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 04:15:21 PM »
Be kind Melbourne.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 04:47:13 PM »
Well I truely think we can get the win tonight. Every team has been up and down this year besides Melbourne. But they are due for a bad game I reckon. It’s gonna be a funny year. The way teams are playing I think we can finish top 4. If we start getting our act together.
True believer.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 05:01:48 PM »
70k expected tonight according to Ch 7.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 05:05:19 PM »
Since most are already expecting a heavy loss I’m sure the comments in the match thread aren’t gonna be overly critical….