Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2022  (Read 8024 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2022
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2022, 07:12:57 AM »
Team stats:

Disposals:     346 - 411 ..... ( contested: 128 - 150  :help ; uncontested: 194 - 262 )
Efficiency%:    70 - 73
Kicks:           233 - 220
Handballs:    113 - 191
Turnovers:      79- 64  :help
Marks:         103 - 96 ...... ( contested: 10 - 11 )
Tackles:         48 - 45
Clearances:    28 - 37  ..... ( centre: 10 - 10 ; stoppages: 18 - 27  :help )
Inside 50s:     42 - 64  :help
In50 eff.%:     36 - 52  :help
In50 marks:      5 - 12  :help
In50 tackles:     5 - 12  :P
Hitouts:          27 - 39
Bounces:          3 - 0
One %ers:      59 - 51
Free kicks:      19 - 28  ::)

Individual possies:

Short     30
Vlastuin  30
Prestia   27
Broad    22
Cotchin  22
Nankervis 21
Graham  20
Ross      19
Gibcus   18
D.Rioli   17
Baker    16
McIntosh 15
Mansell   12
Tarrant   12
Riewoldt 11
Bolton   10
RCD      9
Castagna 7
Dow       7 .... ( subbed off injured 3rd qtr )
Edwards 7
Lynch    6
Balta    4
Parker  4 .... ( subbed on 3rd qtr )

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/3860#player-stats

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2022, 08:34:59 AM »
Can anyone tell me why keep playing the kids in particular put on position?

Someone?  Anyone?

I am not a Ross fan but he has played his best footy for us when he's been played as an inside mid. But in 2022 they want to make him a wingman when he cannot gut run both ways. Newsflash he isn't a wingman now and never will be

This week it was RCD's turn. Another inside mid, who does his best work in the middle, centre ball ups, stoppages etc. And in his 1st game of 2022 where do they play him? Every but. Wing, HF even HB ..... and what happens people are baying for the kids blood. Yes he didn't have a great game but the coaches certainly didn't do him any favours.

Then there is Tarrant. Time to send Balta back to defence and to send Robbie to the VFL.....I thought he was bad last week qnd couldn't play any worse. Boy was I wrong :banghead :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2022, 09:35:24 AM »
One things that's not working is our 3 talls up forward we don't look dangerous , and not getting enough output offensive and defensive looks very average.Best I have seen it is with Balta and Lynch.

To many battlers in this team now poor skills not clean enough need got iron them out bigtime Dees made us pay.

Yep puzzling how we continue to play our kids out of position and then we as fans want them dropped  as WP said coaches aren't helping.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2022, 09:43:54 AM »
Agree with your assessment of Tarrant WP he has been a major disappointment. He finds new ways to give free kicks to forwards every week. As bad as he’s been I also think it hasn’t been easy for any of our defenders considering the ease and frequency the ball is coming in.

I don’t agree with your thoughts about youngsters
Young players must learn to adapt to the modern game. Petracca wasn’t even a full time mid until a couple of years ago. I don’t remember Cotchin or Dusty spending the bulk of their time in the guts early on in their careers either. 
Not every young player coming through is like a Dusty or Rowell or Oliver and built like a brick outhouse and capable to mix it up with seasoned hardened mids. Did you see Dow?

Unless your a key position your not going to get to prove yourself in your prime position all game.

I agree with your assessment of Ross, he isn’t a wingman and to play him on Langdon was a silly decision. But I don’t think Ross is an adequate mid either as he panics under pressure and his decision making is very poor and worse of all he fumbles and if you fumble in this game your stuffed.
RCD can’t win possessions consistently at the vfl level and you want him to play against oliver petracca and Dunstan? He would’ve been slaughtered in there. He finds it difficult at VFL level how do you think he will find it in the AFL? He shouldn’t have been given the opportunity in the first place off 1 good (not excellent) game in the reserves. Either way I still don’t think he has it.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2022, 11:04:01 AM »
Id select this team vs the Eagles.
Doesnt matter if we lose.

Short Balta Broad
Vlastuin Gibcus D.Rioli
Banks RCD Pickett
Bolton Martin Stack
M.Rioli Lynch Clarke
Soldo Prestia Cotchin
Dow Grimes Baker Ralphsmith

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2022, 01:26:47 PM »
Our disposal yesterday was very poor eg Nank turning it over in the second quarter under no pressure. Apart from a few players like Short and Rioli, in the absence of Martin, we lack elite users of the ball. It puts us under enormous pressure unnecessarily. Also in some areas of the ground we looked very slow. We also desperately need a quality small forward. Bolton can't do everything. Good games from Gibcus, Rioli and Nick.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2022, 02:05:45 PM »
Our disposal yesterday was very poor eg Nank turning it over in the second quarter under no pressure. Apart from a few players like Short and Rioli, in the absence of Martin, we lack elite users of the ball. It puts us under enormous pressure unnecessarily. Also in some areas of the ground we looked very slow. We also desperately need a quality small forward. Bolton can't do everything. Good games from Gibcus, Rioli and Nick.
Broad had a pretty decent game considering the circumstances but he literally cost us 2 goals with mistakes last night.
The club that keeps giving.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2022, 10:30:36 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Goodwin)

Richmond v Melbourne
10 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
7 Ed Langdon (MELB)
6 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
3 Steven May (MELB)
2 Christian Petracca (MELB)
1 Angus Brayshaw (MELB)
1 Tom Sparrow (MELB)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/748707/coaches-votes-r6-cripps-nipping-at-leader-s-heels-big-hauls-receive-big-votes

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2022, 02:13:50 PM »
Only 1 for Brayshaw? Thought he slaughtered us all night personally

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2022, 02:41:19 PM »
Yep I thought their best 3 players were:

3. Oliver
2. Brayshaw
1. Langdon

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2022, 04:19:00 PM »
AFL Report Card: Round 6

Ben Waterworth, Catherine Healey, Ben Cotton and David Zita
Fox Sports
April 26th, 2022 3:12 pm

RICHMOND

The Tigers did something no other team has been able to do this year – punish Melbourne on the rebound. Richmond were “suffocated” in the second term by a dominant Demons outfit – but found a way to hit the scoreboard. From just seven inside 50s, the Tigers put on 3.1 to punish their opponent. But they just couldn’t sustain that effort for four quarters against the reigning premiers.

In the votes

When the contest was hot early, it was Nick Vlastuin who repelled the Demons’ attack. The defender had eight disposals in the opening 10 minutes and finished with 30 to his name – and a game-high 13 intercepts. Jayden Short was tried his best to take the game on, with a massive 763 metres gained from his 30 touches. Toby Nankervis was not overawed by the Demons one-two ruck combo and finished with 21 disposals and 24 hitouts.

Room for improvement

Is the decision to play Noah Balta in attack hurting the Tigers? The big man had just four touches and failed to trouble the scorers on Sunday night. While at the other end of the ground, the young Tigers defence were under siege. Veteran Shane Edwards was largely ineffective with his seven disposals while Shai Bolton didn’t find his usual spark – ending up with 10 touches and 1.1.

Grade

C

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-round-6-report-card-highlights-grades-analysis-reaction-review-every-club-best-and-worst-votes/news-story/a994c71bf1b3687bf2a7eb5c2bb0b50b

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2022, 09:26:09 AM »
Yep I thought their best 3 players were:

3. Oliver
2. Brayshaw
1. Langdon

My thoughts exactly.

Gawn killed us too. The amount of times they trapped us with their press and we kicked it long up the wing with Gawn sitting there waiting drove me insane.