Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v- Eagles (rd 7)  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Tiger Team -v- Eagles (rd 7)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 10:05:03 PM »
Good inclusions and outs as well given their poor showing last week. Would have liked fonzie in, but I suspect it’s a debit against the pies with Dusty.

Overall pleased.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2022, 01:18:52 AM »
Can see why they brought soldo in given the inexperienced ruck west coast are playing, I’m sure their thinking is that he can be bullied by soldo and nank similar to what they did against the giants.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2022, 05:00:45 AM »
West Coast changes and team for those interested:

IN: J.McGovern, G.Clark, S.Petrevski-Seton

OUT: Z.Langdon (omitted), B.Williams, E.Yeo (both injured), L.Foley (HS Protocol)

-----------

B: S.Hurn, T.Barrass, H.Edwards

HB: A.Witherden, J.McGovern, L.Duggan

C: P.Naish, T.Kelly, C.West

HF: W.Rioli, J.Darling, J.Cripps

F: J.Waterman, J.Kennedy, L.Ryan

FOLL: L.Strnadica, J.Redden, L.Shuey

I/C: X.O’Neill, J.Nelson, G.Clark, S.Petrevski-Seton

EMG: A.Gaff, Z.Langdon, J.Rotham, H.Dixon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-teams-round-7-2022-full-squads-team-sheets-lineups-changes-ins-and-outs-supercoach-news-fixture-games/news-story/d494de3705adb96cccd68d40cd66096b

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 07:14:46 AM »

OUT: Z.Langdon (omitted), B.Williams, E.Yeo (both injured), L.Foley (HS Protocol)

-----------

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-teams-round-7-2022-full-squads-team-sheets-lineups-changes-ins-and-outs-supercoach-news-fixture-games/news-story/d494de3705adb96cccd68d40cd66096b

Why isn’t Andrew Gaff playing?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 07:38:30 AM »
Has an ankle injury
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 09:26:00 AM »
Can't wait to see Riewoldt get smashed by Barrass again. 

Riewoldt being continually outmarked by Barrass during the last qtr of last years game was the main reason we lost that which then derailed the rest of our season

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »
Real glass-half-full kinda guy aren't ya Knighter?... :lol

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 11:15:17 AM »
The same barrass that our forwards gave a bath in the final qtr in 2019 game securing us top 4 and eagles 5th which lead to us winning a flag and eagles getting dumped out in the semis?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 12:14:18 PM »
Just get the feeling its still tokenism when it comes to giving kids a game and persevering.

Would have loved to see Miller play defense instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water and panicing by playing Balta back. What about the future in both cases.

Imo JR has struggled and if we wanted to go smaller fwd make it a bit more mobile and quicker then drop Riewoldt.
Same goes for Edwards he could not be more out of form yet here we go again.Short named in the guts if that actually happens then i say they are really grasping at straws. Would rather they actually play one of RC-D or Ross there  in a inside capacity to help off set the loss of Cotchin.

Castagna still stinks it up and keeps his spot we at least give one of Clark and MRJ a go but it doesnt fix the Castagna problem.
Stack is a good in and about time,

Soldo instead of say Sonsie we do not need a second ruck against this mob he will just slow us down even more.

Ah well i suppose i will just have to wait until its mathmatically impossible to make finals before i see any real sort of interest in getting games into kids as a prioity.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 02:20:37 PM »

-----------

Why isn’t Andrew Gaff playing?

Gaff an emergency so will probably play - maybe sub

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 05:38:06 PM »
While im pleased Maurice Rioli has got a game i have to ask is he being favored over Clark who had a better game it seems.I say it seems because im basing it on stats having not seen the game.

Clark had a 17 disposal 6 i50 5 tackle 1 goal game 
Rioli  had a 7 disposal 3 i50 4 tackle 0 goal game. i mean to say even if he did a lot right without the ball that is pretty underwhelming but good enough to earn a game.Seems some don't have to kick the walls down to get a gig.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 05:56:53 PM »
While im pleased Maurice Rioli has got a game i have to ask is he being favored over Clark who had a better game it seems.I say it seems because im basing it on stats having not seen the game.

Clark had a 17 disposal 6 i50 5 tackle 1 goal game 
Rioli  had a 7 disposal 3 i50 4 tackle 0 goal game. i mean to say even if he did a lot right without the ball that is pretty underwhelming but good enough to earn a game.Seems some don't have to kick the walls down to get a gig.

I think MRJ is there to keep ball inside 50. Our time inside 50 has gone backwards dramatically since last year and perhaps Dimma’s decided he needs to address it (finally). MRJ closing speed is very good.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 06:44:58 PM »
Both Rioli and Clarke (debut) should have been picked. I also think Banks should have been debuted here.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2022, 11:34:39 PM »
I reckon this is our best team of this season.

Good call here.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2022, 11:53:02 PM »
Real glass-half-full kinda guy aren't ya Knighter?... :lol

Lucky for Jack Barrass didn't play - else it would only have been an 80pt win! :rollin