Author Topic: Brendon Gale targeted for AFL's Chief Operating Officer role [merged]  (Read 13059 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brendon Gale one of seven candidates for AFL CEO gig (Age)
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2023, 06:23:52 PM »
Benny was never really in. They included him to tick a box. It’s another example of the AFLs hatred of our club
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 07:32:41 PM by Knighter »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2023, 10:26:21 PM »
They'll pick the girl because she's a girl

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2023, 06:59:20 AM »
The AFL has been tight-lipped during the drawn-out process after recently interviewing internal candidates Andrew Dillon and Travis Auld as well as Richmond CEO Brendon Gale. Two senior football sources, who asked not to be named to discuss the confidential process, said none of those candidates had been told they were out of the race for the job.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/is-kylie-watson-wheeler-the-surprise-afl-ceo-contender-20230412-p5czz3.html

----------------------------------------------------------------

Barrett on Footy Classified said Gill could hang around to at least May 9 (federal budget night) when the AFL finds out what money is available for the new Tassie stadium.

Lloyd reckons Benny Gale could tell the AFL to forget about it for stuffing him around this long.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1646127018281410560

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2023, 10:11:41 AM »

>:(

Or maybe she'll get it because she is incredibly successful as a CEO and is the best person for the job.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2023, 02:08:55 PM »

Or maybe she'll get it because she is incredibly successful as a CEO and is the best person for the job.

This far up the food chain, with candidates like Benny, I don't think we could suggest that any of them aren't incredibly successful. Certainly not suggesting she isn't.

As for whether or not she's the best person for the job - I have no idea. Also not suggesting she isn't, again.

One thing I know for sure is that the AFL for years has been making it their business to promote ideologies and if we are down to two very suitable candidates I don't trust that the AFL wouldn't pick one over the other based on gender.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »
GILLON MCLACHLAN CAN'T PUT TIMEFRAME ON AFL DEPARTURE

“People always want a date. The process (to appoint my successor), I think you see in the media, is clearly coming to a head… I committed to my chairman to do some things, the Tasmania thing is there and I think you can see a horizon on that one way or another.

“Footy’s going really well, I’m as committed as ever… that stuff will all work out. After that, I don’t know.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/04/13/gillon-mclachlan-cant-put-timeframe-on-afl-departure/

AFL CEO candidate Andrew Dillon remains uncertain when a decision will be made on Gillon McLachlan’s successor but has no concern with the drawn-out process that started a year ago when McLachlan announced he was leaving.

Dillon is among at least five candidates for the job, which also include fellow AFL executives Kylie Rogers and Travis Auld as well as Richmond CEO Brendon Gale. Western Bulldogs president Kylie Watson-Wheeler is also among the contenders.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/candidate-for-top-afl-job-unfazed-by-drawn-out-process-20230413-p5d04q.html

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2023, 04:34:50 PM »

Do you know something about Disney Australia we don't?

Disney has lost value in the tens of Billions in the last year so has the Australian arm bucked the trend?

Benny has spent the last 30 years in the AFL industry as a player, leading the players association and as Richmonds CEO (all sucessfuly)so how does that get trumped by Senior

Vice President & Managing Director of a primarily kids entertainment business for 6 years as well as 12 years in various lower grade managers positions within the company and

9 years as Bulldogs club president?

Yes Kylie has an impressive resume but only her Presidents role with the Bulldogs has given her exposure to the AFL and last time I checked weren't the Bulldogs holding their

hands out for AFL assistance?

Unfortunatly if it has taken this long I don't believe that either will get the gig but one of the AFL boys club. >:(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2023, 07:03:22 PM »
Firstly, my comment was solely based on the reports that it is down to 2 candidates. Dillon and Watson-Wheeler

Do you know something about Disney Australia we don't?

Disney has lost value in the tens of Billions in the last year so has the Australian arm bucked the trend?

Disney+ which she has overseen the launch of has gone well. From what I've read Disney in Australia has been and continues to be a strong financial company in Australia

And she's had senior roles at Coca-Cola, Hallmark and Penguin Books

Benny has spent the last 30 years in the AFL industry as a player, leading the players association and as Richmonds CEO (all sucessfuly)so how does that get trumped by Senior

Vice President & Managing Director of a primarily kids entertainment business for 6 years as well as 12 years in various lower grade managers positions within the company and

9 years as Bulldogs club president?

No one is disputing Benny's CV of ALL the candidates is way above but for reasons only the AFL can explain he is clearly no longer in the mix

Yes Kylie has an impressive resume but only her Presidents role with the Bulldogs has given her exposure to the AFL and last time I checked weren't the Bulldogs holding their

hands out for AFL assistance?

Unfortunatly if it has taken this long I don't believe that either will get the gig but one of the AFL boys club. >:(

I'm not sure AFL exposure is a key requirement to the Commission. Before joining the AFL what exposure to the industry did Gil have?  What about Dillon? Prior to jping the AFL as legal counsel?

As for the Bulldgos and hand outs, yeah they get a fair whack of funding but it is decreasing. At least while she's been at the Bulldogs she been part of the team board if not President that got them out of pokies.

If she is the one of the last 2 remaining candidates and she is the best person for the job of the 2 then she gets the job. Not because of her gender but because she is the best person for the job

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2023, 07:09:10 PM »
GILLON MCLACHLAN CAN'T PUT TIMEFRAME ON AFL DEPARTURE

“People always want a date. The process (to appoint my successor), I think you see in the media, is clearly coming to a head… I committed to my chairman to do some things, the Tasmania thing is there and I think you can see a horizon on that one way or another.

“Footy’s going really well, I’m as committed as ever… that stuff will all work out. After that, I don’t know.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/04/13/gillon-mclachlan-cant-put-timeframe-on-afl-departure/

Your Chairman Gil? Well he doesn't have the best track record in overseeing and governing what his CEOs do. So what things does he want you do? Create some more stupid rule changes, do nothing about the farcical MaRO system to name a few?

You know he is the same chairman who has let a certain CEO single handedly decimate our once proud Australian Airline to something that is an embarrassment

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2023, 07:28:17 PM »
Brendan dodging a bullet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2023, 07:39:04 PM »
Well Tom Browne tonight on 7news reckons Kylie Watson-Wheeler is now the favourite.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2023, 07:49:46 PM »

She looks after one of many regional offices of a subscriber TV service. Hardly comparable to the AFL job. She’d be a disaster.

If she gets it because it’s another tick the box female appointment over Benny then Goyter should be dragged out of that job kicking and screaming tomorrow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2023, 11:15:13 PM »
According to Caro:

Clubs not happy with the AFL chairman Richard Goyder, the process and how Benny Gale has been treated.

Benny Gale though hasn't been told he's no longer in the running.

Gill didn't support Benny Gale's nomination.

Caro believes damage has been done to Gale's presentation.

WATCH: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1647943385515450368

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2023, 05:30:23 AM »
Old mate Goyder endorses  a female who runs some small fry company. Disney Australia that’s laughable. What are her qualifications? Arts degree?

Goyder has a habit of endorsing the biggest flogs in corporate Australia. His arse licking of that Irish POS joyce has been a thing of beauty, as they happily continue to rip off thousands of Australians.

I can’t think of a bigger pos in this country along with Andrew’s than Joyce and his bum sucking 2IC in Goyder.

https://www.afr.com/rear-window/alan-joyce-has-had-enough-20230416-p5d0ve

What a surprise Benny treated like poo. We knew he wouldn’t get it . This is not because of his presentation, rather due to the RFC connection.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2023, 12:04:46 PM »
I couldn't care any less about this. I want Benny to stay and if they treat him like the better for us. As selfish as that is would love him around for our 2nd tilt at another successful era.
Go Tigers!