Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35678 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2022, 08:56:05 PM »
Interesting that we haven’t announced any delisting when most clubs have. I know it doesn’t serve much purpose for the club to announce it before trade period in the off chance that the players might be involved in trades but it is interesting none the less.

We may as well announce Martyn and Aarts.  They are not going to get picked up elsewhere

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2022, 09:42:53 PM »
Interesting that we haven’t announced any delisting when most clubs have. I know it doesn’t serve much purpose for the club to announce it before trade period in the off chance that the players might be involved in trades but it is interesting none the less.

We may as well announce Martyn and Aarts.  They are not going to get picked up elsewhere

You never know...

N0rt may trade us one of the concessional picks they've been given for Aarts  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2022, 11:29:25 PM »
RCD is gone… doesn’t get on with Dimma

Rejects male leadership or just a arrogant twit?

Are you saying this because he has gay parents?

No male role models in his life for the first 18yrs so yeah its a possibility.  Nothing against his mums but the chance of a bias is real.   

If that's not PC to say I don't give a poo

Male role models exist beyond the family home.
Fonzi is just a character man
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2022, 03:20:22 PM »
Tigers cap cull to trigger big move

David Zita and Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
September 26th, 2022

RICHMOND

Players that could leave

The Tigers may have bowed out in the first week of the finals, but there’s plenty of upside to Richmond and where they are going in 2023. With a host of young talent on the books and some big inclusions looming,the likes of Jack Graham could be squeezed out. While touted as a future skipper of the club, there’s not a lot of room in the Richmond engine room if the club has the busy trade period predicted. Riley Collier-Dawkins could be on his way out after failing to lock down a consistent spot in the senior line up. Ruckman Ivan Soldo could be the player to help get the GWS trade deals done as the ruck merry go-round looks set to continue this upcoming trade period. Soldo still has two years to run on his deal, but sits behind Toby Nankervis at the Tigers. Sydney Stack is also yet to sign a new deal after a controversial career so far with Richmond. He signed just a one-year deal last season but is a non-free agent.

Who's already gone

Kane Lambert (retired), Josh Caddy (retired), Shane Edwards (retired), Matthew Parker (delisted)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-2022-trades-state-of-play-before-the-trade-period-every-clubs-targets-contracts-free-agents-draft-picks/news-story/1531b61b133efab01890419656a95165

Broadsword

« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2022, 07:00:02 PM »
Honestly, if Soldo is what it takes to get these deals through then show me the paperwork--I'm jumping at that. He looked really poor this year to the extent that I wouldn't consider him a loss at all.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2022, 10:52:01 PM »
Okay if we get Hopper and Taranto that move is very much a now move. So if we are going hard at a premiership next year then we just have to find a couple of key forwards even if they are very short term.
To be honest if anything happens to Tom Lynch then we are not winning a flag no matter how many mids we bring in.

People will scoff at this but id like to prise 30 year old Josh Bruce out of the dogs.
Id do this with 2023 solely in mind. Thing is i reckon he still has a bit to offer and he now has some serious competition for a spot from highly touted early draft picks in Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy, keeping in mind they have a beaut in Naughton well and truly established.

Any thoughts on this, just keep in mind it seems we are going all out for a flag in 2023 and we do need that third key forward who can play at the level to cover the bases.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2022, 12:42:39 AM »
Okay if we get Hopper and Taranto that move is very much a now move. So if we are going hard at a premiership next year then we just have to find a couple of key forwards even if they are very short term.
To be honest if anything happens to Tom Lynch then we are not winning a flag no matter how many mids we bring in.

People will scoff at this but id like to prise 30 year old Josh Bruce out of the dogs.
Id do this with 2023 solely in mind. Thing is i reckon he still has a bit to offer and he now has some serious competition for a spot from highly touted early draft picks in Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy, keeping in mind they have a beaut in Naughton well and truly established.

Any thoughts on this, just keep in mind it seems we are going all out for a flag in 2023 and we do need that third key forward who can play at the level to cover the bases.

I wouldn't go for him. He's 31 in June and didn't show any good signs of returning to form this year after his knee unfortunately.

Any other cheap options? Honestly Casboult has been solid this year haha

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2022, 12:51:00 AM »
Didn’t rate Bruce highly pre-injury and on the wrong side of 30 post ACL, prob unlikely he’d get back to his best.

Also not a fan of a 3 tall forward line for us. 2 and if needed the second/resting ruck is a better structure imo.

If your moreso talking about key forward cover in the event lynch or jack get injured then yes we are very light on. I think the club know this though but have prioritised reinforcing our midfield this offseason. Wouldnt be surprised if we draft/rookie or trade for a fringe KP just to give us a body in the short term. If there is an injury rekn they’ll either go small or swing balta/Gibcus/Miller forward or maybe even give Bauer or Ryan a run.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »
I think Miller could go forward

Grimes, Taz, Balta and Gibcus is plenty of tall defenders. Biggie depth/backup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2022, 10:18:46 AM »
Huge no to Josh Bruce. Even allowing that you should allow 12 months post reco to judge a comeback, he seemed to have lost a yard of pace (not that he was that quick to begin with)

I'd look at Sam Weideman from the Demons. Still only 25, clearly not a Goodwin favourite as shown by not get a look in in their dysfunctional forward set up.

As a back up and long term option worth a look IMHO and would come pretty cheap
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2022, 10:33:51 AM »
Huge no to Josh Bruce. Even allowing that you should allow 12 months post reco to judge a comeback, he seemed to have lost a yard of pace (not that he was that quick to begin with)

I'd look at Sam Weideman from the Demons. Still only 25, clearly not a Goodwin favourite as shown by not get a look in in their dysfunctional forward set up.

Agreed on Weideman.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2022, 11:50:55 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, Gold Coast have a couple the may be worth a look , I’m not sure on Schake but come work as a transition player

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2022, 12:17:31 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, Gold Coast have a couple the may be worth a look , I’m not sure on Schake but come work as a transition player

Schache? No from me

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2022, 05:17:12 PM »

Agreed on Weideman.
x2
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2022, 12:43:28 PM »

Agreed on Weideman.
No for me just has not done a lot in how many seasons if he has not clicked by now he probably never will.
 Besides Melbourne don't have many tall fwds, id call it is a weakness of theirs if anything. He has not managed to get  games in front of Tom McDonald who they converted from a defender and they had to go and recruit Ben Brown.

With Bruce it would be just one season and he has had some very good seasons kicking goals, he managed 48 in 2021 but only played the last 4 or 5 games of the season in 22 coming off a knee. he has kicked 36 or more goals in a season 5 times.

If its not a player like Bruce id rather we target one of the better players in the state leagues and see what they can come up with.