Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35628 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2022, 02:31:14 PM »
Claw -
You clearly didn’t watch Bruce this year .. go and have a look

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »
I think Bruce is not up to it but your right,  with our draft we need to pluck a back up key forward from somewhere .
It may be not be such a bad thing to miss out on Hopper, GWS are way too greedy imo as Hopper hasn’t proved  he is an A grader where Toranto has

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2022, 05:59:39 PM »
If Soldo is traded:

OUT from our senior list: ..................... (Decreases to 30 players)
Edwards (retired).
Lambert (retired).
Caddy (retired).
RCD (expecting him to be traded/delisted).
Martyn (expecting him to be delisted).
Soldo (traded to GWS)

Out from our Category A rookie list: ...... (Decreases to 4 players)
Parker (delisted/retired).
Aarts (delist).
Pickett (promotion to the senior list).

IN onto our senior list: ........................(Increases to 33 players)
Taranto (via trade).
Hopper (via trade).
Pickett (promotion off the rookie list).

IN onto our Category A rookie list: ...... (4 players)
-

So the above would leave us with 33 senior listed players plus 4 Cat. A rookies [so 37 in total] and 1 Cat. B rookie (Colina).

It will see clubs permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players on their books.

Primary lists must have between 36 and 38 players. Category A rookies are capped at 4-6, up to a total of 42 players on a list including primary-listed players. Each club can also have two Category B rookies.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/837502/afl-confirms-2021-list-sizes
So we need to have at least 36 on our senior list. That's 3 needed. Two ND picks plus Miller being promoted? One pick, Miller promoted and RCD survives the cut?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2022, 03:36:49 AM »
Barring any unexpected late trades I think we’ll take 1 player in the AFL draft either with our pick 31 if not traded to GWS or with their pick 42. Pickett and Miller are upgraded to the primary list and RCD gets a lifeline 1 year contract as we need to have a minimum of 36 on the primary list and we don’t have any ND picks and no other rookies warrant promotion.

Stack will have to be delisted as he’s already spent the max. 4 years on the rookie list - very much doubt they’ll promote him. Expect Aarts to be delisted and biggie to be given a new one year deal which would leave just him and Bauer on the Cat. A rookie list. Then I think we’ll pick up 3 players in the rookie draft, possibly re-rookieing stack and 2 key position players (maybe a forward and a ruck). There’s a key position defender in our vfl list, I think his name is Tyler young that iv read some good reviews on here and big footy so maybe we take him. Either way that will leave us with 5 Cat A rookies with a spot available for a player to be taken in the mid season draft.

So 36 on the primary list, 5 cat A rookies and 1 cat B rookie.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2022, 12:54:18 PM »
We might look at Ethan Phillips from the VFL.  Full back, won the Fothergil Medal. 

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2022, 05:27:08 PM »
Soldo goes priority is a ruckman or we're in trouble someone that can play straight away from the wafl , sanfl or another club insurance for Nank can't rely just yet on Ryan or Colina. Soldo was good against the tall ruckman we're Nank struggled.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2022, 05:52:39 PM »
We might look at Ethan Phillips from the VFL.  Full back, won the Fothergil Medal.

Would prefer Tylar Young who plays with our VFL team. Our guys think he could develop into an AFL backman :shh

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2022, 07:18:18 PM »
Claw -
You clearly didn’t watch Bruce this year .. go and have a look

What did you expect from him coming off a serious  knee injury. I actually look at it as bonus that he managed to get some games at the end of the season.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »
you really do struggle with anyone who disagrees with you don’t you and to think you have been crapping on about being too old  and playing kids at the expense of a lot our more senior players all year ,which would be a dump to most people.
Now you have turned it around and your basically agreeing with a lot of us to say we should manage our senior players as we transition.

PS:Just because you jump in on a topic after most of have had a say and get the last say doesn’t make you right

Lol there you go again abject failure to differentiate between poor or ordinary older  players and the need to get games into kids so that the transition is smooth. Ah well one thing is true trying to have a rational debate with someone who is so blinkered is nigh on impossible.

Cmon who have i actually called for to retire or be cut of the oldies? Have never been a fan of Caddy and his role and despite playing in the flag in 2019 thought he should be delisted if he could not play a decent inside mid role for us.
Oh Castagna while blokes like you were lauding his premierships blokes like me were telling you he was lucky and very ordinary.
Edwards at the end of 2020 should have retired i was not wrong.
 McIntosh i have since day one insisted we can do better and nothing has changed.
Jayden Short i cant stand i dont like soft weak players. People like you put  him on a pedestal and call him a champ lol.
Jake Aarts everyone could see except blokes like you.
Of juniors have been critical of Ross not just this year either. What have  i been critical of for yrs now. His inability to get his hands on the ball his pace and his inability to perform an inside role. Just ludicrous for us to play him on a wing.
Another unskilled player in Parker even questioned why we had to keep him at the end of 2021.

Insisted we play Miller last year yet alone this year. Same goes for RC-D.
Go look at my posts on Gibcus have been nothing but positive and insisted we continue to play him.

Was critical of Maurice Rioli did not believe he was doing enough and had not done enough to earn games early on in front of others.
It was correct at the time and is correct now. Am pleased we played him now though.
Wanted us to give Ryan more games instead of Soldo.

Insisted all year we should get games into Sonsie, That we should have played Stack and RC-D as well.
Players i don't rate as highly as the rabid one  eyed ferals have been about them.   Baker, Graham, and McIntosh along with Short.
With no third KPF ON THE LIST i still believe Balta should play fwd. Its not as if we don't have enough Key and tall defenders there.

Oh and yes ive been yelling for kids to get games in front of some pretty ordinary players for ages and well before supporters like you have ever realised they are ordinary.

If i sat back and accepted everything you and others post then i  would be believing they just have not got a thing wrong.
It must be great to live in a world where the sun always shines and it never rains.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 08:30:32 PM by the claw »

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2022, 08:15:25 PM »
Nope , still can’t see it, everyone  is entitled to to their opinion even if I disagree ,
A couple of clarification , can you find where I said Arnts  should be played ahead of the kids, pretty sure I was one of the first calling  for Cumberland to get a crack!
I think I also said the kids would get a crack to cover Injuries and they did . I also think some players are role players for team balance and I don’t slag on my own club and would rather bag the opposition , sorry about that , I must be in the minority but that’s my opinion

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2022, 08:35:27 PM »
Nope , still can’t see it, everyone  is entitled to to their opinion even if I disagree ,
A couple of clarification , can you find where I said Arnts  should be played ahead of the kids, pretty sure I was one of the first calling  for Cumberland to get a crack!
I think I also said the kids would get a crack to cover Injuries and they did . I also think some players are role players for team balance and I don’t slag on my own club and would rather bag the opposition , sorry about that , I must be in the minority but that’s my opinion

Lol you really do have the blinkers on  don't ya.

Sheesh you asking me for clarification are you for real go have a look at your posts to me. Its easy to fling a bit of poo aint it but want clarification HHHHaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhh its gold.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2022, 08:58:50 PM »
Do you ever why you don’t have a lot of people that agree with you and in fact they are even hostile towards you and are offended by your personal attacks , it’s probably Because they are wrong and your always right even if you have to make stuff it up .

Broadsword

« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2022, 09:23:34 PM »
Do you ever why you don’t have a lot of people that agree with you and in fact they are even hostile towards you and are offended by your personal attacks , it’s probably Because they are wrong and your always right even if you have to make stuff it up .
I'm pretty sure I'm on his ignore list. If I could bottle that secret I would do the decent thing and give it to you free of charge.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2022, 11:32:28 AM »

Lol you don't get it.
I dont give two hoots about what people think of me   and i certainly only retaliate with like for like posts. You make it personal i will too.
 What!!!!you think its all a one way street here lol. People get narky  because their opinion is challenged and then play the man and like you now bitch moan and cry when you get a like post back at ya.

I don't follow the crowd opinion and have no wish to do so. I go out of my way to give the opposing view just for some balance around here.

People get hostile because im constantly coming from a neutral point of view, a  point that usually allows me to look at the negatives and its one that contradicts peoples opinions and they get cut up about it..

Just an example, Lets look at the retired Caddy. When i say he is just ordinary and give my reasons back it up with stats
all i cop is abuse.  Very few have the power of their convictions and are prepared to actually debate whats being said.
Nope far easier to take a shot at the poster than defend something that cannot be defended or backed up by anything.

THings like McIntosh when i say he is fumbly  is not a great ball user for a winger. does not get enough ball, does not lay a lot of tackles has little offensive value, at 191cm does not take contested marks does not give us many i/50 or rebounds out of defence and certainly does not win clearances.
 thats what i see   and i back it all up with the only real thing  left to us and thats the stats that overwhelmingly confirm what has been said.

What do i get in return. With A  good measure of sarcasm,  no your wrong, you don't go to games, he is not there for those things, he is a two way runner etc etc,along with the personal jibes and you have the gall to have a go at me.
The funny thing is most seem to come around to some degree of what im saying eventually. ;)

The bottom line is i have an opinion and this is a place to voice it and i dont care if people dont like my style my neutrality or if some don't even read what i say.

I will get on here and continue to voice my opinion and come from angles that people seem to avoid. If it upsets people too bad.
Some will read the posts and actually take a look at both sides of the usually lopsided debates and hero worship, that goes on around here.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2022, 11:40:13 AM »
Riley Collier-Dawkins ... are we keeping him now?

It would be disappointing for we just delisted him. Surely he is worth a 4th round pick? Maybe 3rd round?

We need as many 3rd-4th round picks to MAYBE bundle for a higher pick and give to those clubs needing picks for their Father-Sons.

We need to get back into the draft as much as we can.

WE NEED KEY FORWARDS THIS DRAFT!