Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35600 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2022, 09:40:36 PM »
improvement? Well i havent seen anything other than a few games. I know which player I would rather rookie for another year.

so on that note RCD is also lazy and unprofessional as well cause he didnt get 30 possys in the vfl only to stink it up in the limited games he played (compared to others) :shh

Agree with the others delistings.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2022, 10:04:46 PM »
improvement? Well i havent seen anything other than a few games. I know which player I would rather rookie for another year.

so on that note RCD is also lazy and unprofessional as well cause he didnt get 30 possys in the vfl only to stink it up in the limited games he played (compared to others) :shh

Eh? You said what has Ross done rah rah rah and Stack should be listed again.

Not talking about RCD.

Improvement on Ross you can debate but the rest of it? I see you conveniently ignored.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2022, 01:57:20 AM »
Good luck to RCD, Aarts, WM, & Stacky.

Papers were probably stamped when Jack and Soldo decided to stay. Says a lot about the club that we have players go to visit other clubs who rollout the red carpet and give them the sales pitch and they still want to stay at the RFC. Our culture and environment is excellent.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2022, 07:50:45 AM »

Not talking about RCD.

Improvement on Ross you can debate but the rest of it? I see you conveniently ignored.

Well maybe he wasn’t professional but so what. Was Stengel? De goey?  Many players came back from the offseason in poor shape. For a rookie spot I don’t care about being professional. I am willing to give it him another go based on talent alone.

According to Clarke he had improved and he was one his coaches. Perhaps the odd is is we have gone tight on our football admin and it’s impacted him. Get Betts down to punt road and maybe we will see him at his best.

Let’s face it  though you have wanted him gone for some time now  and that’s your right. I don’t agree just like I don’t agree about RCD.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2022, 07:57:28 AM »
Does anyone know the list status of the King brothers?

I can’t see at least one of them staying at those shocking clubs. I’d be watching the pies with the cap space cleared in making a big play in the coming 1-2 years.

Jack out. King in. That would be nice and at the same send the afl into meltdown territory…again.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2022, 09:19:28 AM »

Both are contracted

GC one until at least the end of 2024

And rabble Club one is longer
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2022, 09:48:15 AM »

Not talking about RCD.

Well maybe he wasn’t professional but so what. Was Stengel? De goey?  Many players came back from the offseason in poor shape. For a rookie spot I don’t care about being professional. I am willing to give it him another go based on talent alone.

According to Clarke he had improved and he was one his coaches. Perhaps the odd is is we have gone tight on our football admin and it’s impacted him. Get Betts down to punt road and maybe we will see him at his best.

Let’s face it  though you have wanted him gone for some time now  and that’s your right. I don’t agree just like I don’t agree about RCD.

FJ that is a terrible precedent to set to give players more leeway in terms of their commitment, dedication and professionalism just because they happen to be more talented than others. The club gave him 4 years and if nothing has changed you can’t blame them for finally cutting their ties.

You use stengle as an example. I don’t think there were any questions on his professionalism in his time with us, he wasn’t cracking our team at the height of our dynasty and was homesick so we facilitated a trade for him back to the crows. He had off-field issues at the crows and they responded by delisting him. It seems it took all of that for the penny to finally drop for him as he went back to the state leagues, worked his backside off and got another crack at it with Geelong and we all know how it went for him there. Maybe a similar thing will happen with stack but if it does I won’t be lamenting the club for cutting him loose as you can’t just keep waiting for the penny to drop. As they say, hard work beats talent every single day of the week.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2022, 09:52:53 AM »

Both are contracted

GC one until at least the end of 2024

And rabble Club one is longer

Seems our list team talent players for a couple of years before they become available. Probably why we didn’t take more mids in last years draft when we were crying out for them as the club knew they were well placed to get one/both of TT and Hopper.

Probably a similar thing happening with a few key position forwards. As well as the king brothers, I hope they are looking at Larkey from the Roos although with all this bang on about top teams pillaging the bottom teams it wouldn’t surprise me if the AFL came up with a new rule to block that. Next season will be his 7th so he would be a free agent I think?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2022, 10:57:00 AM »

Not talking about RCD.

I've said that I'd be prepared to rookie RCD and Stack again but I'm not surprised they've been cut and I think it's hard to make a strong case for keeping them.

Comparing to JDG seems a bit silly. Unprofessional at times yes but he's also an all Australian - stack not fit to polish his boots by comparison surely.

Otherwise I'm sure some blokes have come back under done but not 3 years in a row...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2022, 04:51:39 AM »
We don’t play footy for the games we’ll never quite remember but for the teammates we’ll never forget. #alwaysrichmondmen

https://twitter.com/hardwick_damien/status/1581127573911633920

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2022, 11:59:10 AM »
So,

We currently have 38 on our list, 34 senior list and 4 rookie list.

Is the minimum number of players still 42 players combine on the list and maximum 44?

If it is 42, do we think we will draft 4 players from:

2 players form National Draft/PSD and 2 players form Rookie Draft?

3/1?

4/0?

1/3?

0/4?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2022, 12:13:08 PM »
Save a spot for msd imo

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2022, 12:14:59 PM »
2 from national draft and 2 from rookie draft. Will bring us to 36 primary list and 5 cat A rookie list which leaves one spot open for the mid season draft.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2022, 02:42:56 PM »
Here is a graphic to help people make sense of our available list spots:

Source: Bigfooty

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2022, 09:51:21 AM »
Mitch Wallis just quit the Dogs.

Is he worth picking up for a year or two? Would cost nothing. Probably a better option that our pick 88 or whatever it is.