Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35590 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2022, 10:04:32 AM »
Honestly haven't seen enough of him but clearly he wants to play senior football every week. He wouldn't be a chance of that here with our midfield surely.

Solid depth though. Can battle it out with Jack Graham in the 2s to see who gets to be emergency
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2022, 10:27:07 AM »
Honestly haven't seen enough of him but clearly he wants to play senior football every week. He wouldn't be a chance of that here with our midfield surely.

Solid depth though. Can battle it out with Jack Graham in the 2s to see who gets to be emergency

Think he's struggled a lot after his injury issues. Was clearly behind guys like Macrae, Dunkley etc.

Dunno if he's cooked or not personally but he's apparently a great clubman.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2022, 11:33:18 AM »
Mitch Wallis just quit the Dogs.

Is he worth picking up for a year or two? Would cost nothing. Probably a better option that our pick 88 or whatever it is.

Andy I think he would turn into an inadvertent  list clogger in so much as he would be taking the position of a younger type that we should be giving game time too.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2022, 11:43:42 AM »
Mitch Wallis just quit the Dogs.

Is he worth picking up for a year or two? Would cost nothing. Probably a better option that our pick 88 or whatever it is.

Andy I think he would turn into an inadvertent  list clogger in so much as he would be taking the position of a younger type that we should be giving game time too.

Good chance of that happening but there's also a very high chance that both Prestia and Cotchin will do hammies and miss games.

No idea if Dusty will be fit and firing in 2023.

So we'd be hoping our midfield of Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie, Graham, Bolton, Short all stay fit and play well. Bolton playing more midfield time hurts our forward line too so I could see Wallis being a useful rotating mid/injury insurance player.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2022, 12:05:08 PM »
Our 2 national draft picks will end up being in the 40-50 range so pretty sure they’ll use those on a couple of kids.

Maybe with one of our rookie picks. I’d probably pass though and pick up some untried talent. None of the delisted players by clubs so far look super enticing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2022, 03:44:26 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2022, 12:48:24 AM »
How the hell we extended Castagna's contract still has me shaking my head.

Still think the likes of Graham, Baker, Short could have got us back into the nd if we were just bold enough.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2022, 04:34:39 PM »
Blair Hartley says we'll have two picks in the national draft.

He also said we have three picks available in the rookie draft but we might keep one or two of those free for guys who miss out on the draft to train with us over the preseason. We're excited by that as well.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2022, 05:27:25 PM »
I hope one of the kids we recruit makes it. With the odds suggesting about 1 in 4 will play more than 50 games at the picks we have in the national draft and the Rookie is pot luck

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2022, 06:16:17 PM »
Our chief recruiter Matt Clarke also said he likes the idea of keeping a rookie spot open for an end of preseason SSPS pick in March.

Clarke also said we could get some of our guys we delisted back as part of this preseason training group we will look at but he thinks they will get opportunities at other clubs.

Offline RiderJake

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2022, 07:20:19 PM »
Richmond look most likely to use only two picks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/858808/how-many-picks-your-club-is-set-to-use-at-the-2022-afl-draft
This is both a reward and a punishment for a good game :)
I think this pick is good enough. But the game will be seen.
And yes, I agree that the contract with Castagna looks unnecessary...

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2022, 08:40:39 PM »
Both Hartley and Clarke mentioned that we need a “developing key forward”.

Clarke said to find one around our 2 picks is going to be tricky.

He said we have our eyes on some boys (tall forwards) in the SA? or WAFL? and we hope they fall to our picks.

Source: Talking Tigers Podcast

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2022, 10:36:34 PM »
Am i wrong here we have 38 players listed with Hopper and Taranto and retirements and delistings.
Arent list sizes usually around 44? So how in hell are we only going to use two nd picks and thats it.

Reckon people are missing a trick here especially when it comes to mids.
Yes we have a good amount of mids for seniors, but FMD the second team is really wanting for them.
Key forwards are in the same boat it is laughable.

If 44 players on teams lists is the average then id be scouring the whole country for at least two mids to replace RC-D and Martyn, FFS WE HAVE SO FEW KEY FWDS LETS GET A KID AND LETS SCOUR THE FREAKIN STATE LEAGUES FOR THE OTHER.

That alone would take us to 42 players. Still leaving openings for two others.

Heres a look at what i think we need to do in the reserves.

b: Mansell - State League player - ####
HB:Brown - Nyuon - Short. No Guarantees with Nyuon hence the even greater need to get a tall defender into the system. YES SHORT.

C: Banks - Baker - Ralphsmith. Yeah people will raise their arms at Baker playing two's.
R: Soldo - Ross - Graham . Geez all three are now not best 22.

HF: Clarke - Bauer - Dow. Bauer is hardly a key fwd more a third tall type.
FF: Castagna - XXXX - Ryan. Ryan is a ruckman but we will be forced to play him kpf

Int: Colina _xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

They know there is a problem yet they continue to sit on their hands and pretend it will be alright.

For Geez sakes the holes are there for everyone to see. No Key fwds few mids even with Baker, Graham Ross and Short named down there.
A real lack of experienced players a real lack of tall defenders with just Nyuon especially if Miller players second ruck and Gibcus plays seniors as well.

Why are we never  trying to do the simple expedient of mirroring what we do in the seniors in the two's.
Pretty clear where the list short comings are you only need look at the seconds.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2022, 10:53:04 PM »
I do agree with a lot of that. A bloke like Garthwaite obviously wasn't going to cut the mustard in the AFL but you notice that it can hurt the 2's when fellas like him are desisted and not really replaced with a young player/state leaguer that plays the same role.

Definitely need a couple of talls at a minimum
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2022, 11:07:48 PM »
44 spot max list size includes 2 category b rookies. Within the ‘main’ list for lack of a proper term (primary + category a rookies) you are only allowed a maximum of 42 players. Atm we have 34 on the primary list and 3 cat a rookies so I would expect them to take 2 players in each of the national and rookie drafts to bring those numbers to 36 and 5 for a total of 41. That leaves one cat a rookie spot for either the spp period or the mid season draft. They could theoretically also add another cat b rookie as we only have 1 of the maximum 2 in colina but I don’t think they’ll do so personally.