Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35580 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2022, 02:35:05 PM »
I'm surprised Mansell is still on the list

No surprise

He's contracted and is a good back up (depth) player. Plus the coaches love him  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2022, 03:39:12 PM »
I'm surprised Mansell is still on the list

No surprise

He's contracted and is a good back up (depth) player. Plus the coaches love him  ;D
Never mind what the coaches say  - I love him! 
He won me over when he smacked Ginnivan ....     :clapping   ;D
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2022, 01:32:21 AM »
Back to 8 West Australians on our list. Green and Smith replacing Parker and Stack.

Liam Baker
Shai Bolton
Nathan Broad
Kamdyn McIntosh
Ben Miller
Marlion Pickett
Kaleb Smith
Steely Green

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2022, 02:01:51 PM »
The AFL confirmed on Monday that Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs all had a list spot available, while Gold Coast and St Kilda had two.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-list-spots-rookie-draft-trade-period-train-on-players-former-players/news-story/0b5dd212e22119f90b325adda75f03e1

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »
With the glorious news of Bolton’s resigning. Next big one for the list management team to work on is surely Balta. Has had some hiccups with form/fitness in 2021-22 after his ripping 2020 breakout season but still a key cog in our future.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2022, 02:51:49 PM »
This is our list break down as far as primary roles goes imo.

Mids inside/out
Taranto, Prestia, Martin, Cotchin, Hopper, Bolton, Sonsie, Baker, Ross, Graham, Dow, Green.

Mids running/outside
Pickett, McIntosh, Ralphsmith, Banks, Short. The latter two obviously give us a hb option.

Thats 17 mids all up numbers are good. Imo dependent on form and injury there is a good chance that at least one of Cotchin, Martin or Pickett could retire. Dow needs a significant improvement year to keep his spot or should be delisted. Imo to get back into the 2023 draft Trading one or two  of Graham, Short  or Baker would allow us to do this.

Rucks
Nankervis, Soldo, Colina,  imo are all primarily ruckmen
Ruck/fwd
Ryan primarily a ruckman looks the most likely of them to play a reasonable  fwd role.
Fwd/ruck
Miller who is a genuine utility looks more like a kpp than a ruck hence the distinction between him and Ryan.

Imo if Colina and Ryan improve as ruckmen i think we could again offer Soldo up as a trade to get into the nd. Imo he is in competition with Nankervis for the first ruck spot but he is bloody hopeless in any other role imo.

Tall and kpd
We have 6 who can play KPD with another two in Broad and particularly Grimes who can also play kpd but they regularly get other roles in the back half. The six others are Nyuon, Young, Gibcus, Tarrant with Balta and Miller as potential swingmen.

We clearly have no need for more KPD's but id say a tall defender say 189 - 192cm  like Broad or Grimes would not go astray. Tarrant could retire at seasons end and i thing Biggy could be in real trouble if he has a poor year.

Small/Medium defenders
Smith, Rioli, Mansell, Short are all smalls. Leaving Banks and Brown with the big bodied Vlastuin as tallish mediums.
Banks is being played on a wing but he got drafted because of his play as a hb. I think Short has been squeezed out of the back line in particular by Rioli and is imo not best back 6. Reckon we could do with another Vlastuin type and size.

Kpf/tall forwards
Lynch Riewoldt and Bauer as a tall fwd rather than a genuine sized kpf. Depth here is dire and crazy imo that it continues yr after yr to not be addressed.
Options here are of course  Balta and Miller but Balta will play KPD and Miller should play second ruck/fwd. Imo Miller should be starting games where it is viable as a fwd and giving Nankervis a chop out. I also think to date Millers best games for us has been as a defender.

small/medium forwards

Campbell, Clarke, Cumberland, Rioli and Castagna. we dont have a taller fwd like say Gary Rohan at 189cm and could do with one around that height the tallest we have is Cumberland at 183cm.
Imo Castagna should be delisted at seasons end creating a spot for either a bigger medium fwd or a key fwd as we have enough small/medium forwards especially with mids like Bolton Dusty Taranto and Sonsie who can go thru there.

Next year The following scenario could be on the cards

Retire - Cotchin, Riewoldt, Tarrant.
Delist - Castagna, Mansell, Dow, Nyuon
Some Trade options - Soldo, Short, Graham, Baker and Ross. why well Soldo may not get many games and the squeeze is certainly on Graham and Ross and i think Baker and Short are no longer the best options for a mid game or defensive game.