Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the 'Gabba --- 2nd Elimination Final, 2022  (Read 26836 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the 'Gabba --- 2nd Elimination Final, 2022
« Reply #360 on: September 01, 2022, 10:20:12 PM »
Without Prestia we were cooked next week anyway. Frustrating game to watch as there were magical moments and comical moments. All in all and considering our key outs for chunks of the year, this final ladder position is about right. What might have been if Graham played, our only capable tagger for Neil…

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #361 on: September 01, 2022, 10:20:25 PM »
For me Dion going off was the difference . Simply cannot rely on him anymore .. his body cannot see a season out

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: September 01, 2022, 10:22:44 PM »
I have never seen a worse game from a captain
In my lifetime. Nankervis was disgraceful.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #363 on: September 01, 2022, 10:24:51 PM »
Who stuffing knows what the rules are at any given moment anymore? I think they are whimsical concoctions of fairies that manifest as brain farts in the umpires minds.  Our younger players were a bit shakey, Maurice is gonna be a super star

Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: September 01, 2022, 10:25:51 PM »
Bolton was clamped tonight too. They shutdown our most influential player and meanwhile Neale destroyed us.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: September 01, 2022, 10:29:27 PM »
The only definitive answer anyone can give on the ARCs decision is it went through above goal post height. The angles provided shows nothing other than that.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: September 01, 2022, 10:32:47 PM »
A disaster not tagging Lachie Neale.  Poor coaching. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2022, 10:34:13 PM »
Aside from the dumb schoolboy stuff, all up across the game we lost it in the guts. We dominated hitouts 55-17 with McInerney going down early yet got murdered at the stoppages. It was more the ease in which the Brisbane mids were able to clear the ball than the numbers. Neale wasn't/couldn't be shut down. Prestia was a massive loss at HT but we have to better than rely on one or two mids to save us. Nank as captain had an ordinary game. So did Bolton (unusually fumbly). The Lions tagged Cotch heavily after Prestia went off. Dusty was obviously not match fit. Baker was poor overall although he did lift during the last qtr. As others have said a number of our cubs showed their inexperience at critical moments. 

Just feels we wasted a good chance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: September 01, 2022, 10:37:59 PM »
Aside from the dumb schoolboy stuff, all up across the game we lost it in the guts. We dominated hitouts 55-17 with McInerney going down early yet got murdered at the stoppages. It was more the ease in which the Brisbane mids were able to clear the ball than the numbers. Neale wasn't/couldn't be shut down. Prestia was a massive loss at HT but we have to better than rely on one or two mids to save us. Nank as captain had an ordinary game. So did Bolton (unusually fumbly). The Lions tagged Cotch heavily after Prestia went off. Dusty was obviously not match fit. Baker was poor overall although he did lift during the last qtr. As others have said a number of our cubs showed their inexperience at critical moments. 

Lynch missed 2 soda's in the last 5mins and cost us the game.  Hope he feels good when he looks at his tax return next year cause if he can't stand up in big games he is not worth poo

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: September 01, 2022, 10:44:57 PM »

Lynch missed 2 soda's in the last 5mins and cost us the game.  Hope he feels good when he looks at his tax return next year cause if he can't stand up in big games he is not worth poo

Don't mind so much the long miss but that short snap was so poor. That was the game there. He was what 5-10m out?

Not ARCs fault. Should have just nailed it. Didn't need to boot it so stuffing hard.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #370 on: September 01, 2022, 10:51:16 PM »

You are a clown mate. Lynch is not the reason we lost, he's the main reason why we even made it to September FFS
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #371 on: September 01, 2022, 10:57:00 PM »
Agree on both points.

Lynch was a huge reason why we made finals.

Lynch goal kicking has been suspect. Missing both shots at end was costly. It's what will be the difference between him being remembered like Jack who is absolutely clutch when he needs to kick a big goal. Jacks 2 goals tonight we're incredible.
Go Tigers!

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2022, 10:59:15 PM »
If we broke even in the middle we win I think

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2022, 11:09:23 PM »
We have lost our finals mojo.

Reality, we don’t play the Richmond way and we all know the Richmond way wins finals.

Shoot outs like tonight are very entertaining to watch and a throw back to the 90’s but they don’t win finals footy.

Brisbane are in the same boat they aren’t going far either.

Love Nank but it was the worse game I’ve seen him play ever.

How he dominated possession but consistently turned it over straight to the opposition or continued to give Castagna like hand passes to teammates over and over again.  :banghead

Our defending was sub standard and bloody awful. How they didn’t kill the ball or how no one was goal side on the goal line was junior footy stuff.  Unbelievable.  :banghead

We need ball winners in the guts hopefully we can find a couple this off season. We need to get fitter for tackling and pressure finals footy.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2022, 11:14:15 PM »
Gutted. So close :(